UFOs videoed by NASA - alien or home grown?

Discussion in 'Science' started by truth and justice, Jul 1, 2015.

1. truth and justice

truth and justice Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOopkNqjJk

Mysterious footage shows THREE UFOs leaving Earth - before NASA unexpectedly cuts the live feed. 09:49, 29 June 2015.

Extraterrestrial, satellites or perhaps escaped insects from ISS lab walking across lens? Or could be a hoax in the hope of generating more public interest and hence a bigger budget for NASA? What are the possible explanations?

2. wgabrie

wgabrie Well-Known Member Donor

I had to view it in full screen mode to make out the faint blips.

It could be aliens but I'd think they would just warp out of there without hovering up slowly.

It could be home grown but it has to be a vehicle that runs in space. I haven't seen such vehicles IN space besides perhaps the space shuttle.

It could be rocks falling up? It could be anything including space junk.

But thanks for the clip. If this is real footage, then I think it's one of the two: aliens or home grown. Some people might not like the possibility of either, but it is what it is.

3. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't know, there has been a lot of hoaxes and a lot of different phenomena attributed to UFO's or E.T.'s or aliens or whatever one wants to call them. But with the universe a huge as it is and as many planets similar out there to ours, I would say life does exist out there, someplace. In what form, what element it is based on, who the heck knows.

Have we been visited before, I would say it is very possible. It is even possible we are being watched for whatever reason. I even think it is possible we have been visited by aliens a very long time ago, in the ancient past. It might even be probable. Perhaps one of these days we will know for sure if we do not blow ourselves up first.

4. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why is "aliens" even an option? There are several perfectly viable explanations for this video but very little to support the concept of aliens on/around Earth at all. If you're going to include "aliens" in your list of possible explanations, why no add "God sneezing", "glitches in the matrix" and "magic space pixies" too?

5. Divergent

Divergent Banned

Nearly every UFO(Unidentified Flying Object) is only unidentified outside the military base testing out new things. I remember when the first flares were used at night so it would be "super secret". The entire town saw UFO's. There's actual footage of flying saucers being tested and information about them killing 3 during testing which ended the tests.

6. Poor Debater

Poor Debater New Member

<Yawn>.

Orbital debris from one of dozens of craft that have been to and from the ISS over the years. Same orbital inclination, slightly different orbital parameters. Nothing to see here.

7. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Completely agree. Show me a real craft, instead of dots of light.

Show me something like I witnessed last year, up close, 1/8 a mile away, around a thousand feet up from the ground. Which stayed in place for several minutes before drifting slowly off to the south, over a forest. It looked to be several football fields in length. I have never seen anything like this ever. And I am an old man.

I have no clue who owned it So, I am not claiming it was ET, or from another dimension. But I saw something huge, in size. With lights that looked to be jewels, rubies, illuminated from the inside. And for some reason, at the time, it was if I were seeing completely normal, with no alarm, and for some reason when I got home, never told a soul about the weird craft that I saw, and watched for over 5 minutes. Months later the memory came back, and only then was I puzzled and amazed. True story folks.

8. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Russian civilian touristic flights to Mars ...

Or North Korea dictator exploring an other way to get rid of opponents ...

Think what you want, but these two options are more rational than to think to aliens.

9. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Little bits flying off of spacecraft like that are actually quite a common sight in orbiting craft. That's likely what they are - paint chips or the like. The same thing was apparent during the Chinese orbital flight and EVA, and the kooks started claiming they were air bubbles and that the Chinese were faking their orbit underwater :D

Don't believe the claim about the live feed being "cut unexpectedly," by the way. That reeks of an added baseless claim made by someone specifically trying to stir controversy.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, yep. But very likely those were actually very tiny bits of debris from the craft itself.

10. Durandal

I don't think it's very possible, myself, given the distances involved in space travel and the dangers involved in traveling anywhere near the speed of light. It's conceivable, maybe, that some kind of life out there has developed that level of technology, but I find it highly unlikely. People fail to appreciate the vast scale of space, the vast distances between stars, and also the vast lengths of time involved in life's evolution. Even if there's another intelligent race out there, it might exist not only many light years distant, but might have existed a million years ago before being wiped out again, or may not arise for another million or even billion years. Our existence such as we are today is the briefest little tick in cosmic time. Our first radio signals, traveling at light speed, are still nowhere near reaching even the next nearest star..

11. Durandal

Correction: Our radio signals have made it as many light-years away from earth as they've been traveling through space, obviously, so they have been by any stars in that range (within a ~100 light-year radius).

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2012/3390.html

Aliens from that distance would still likely need a whole lot longer than that to get to us, though, considering the physics of space travel.

12. perotista

All true, but all is based on our knowledge and technology and what we deem or think possible or not. What or who if anyone is out there and what is their knowledge. Perhaps their timeline and even time itself is different than ours or here. Besides the vastness of space is that it is basically unknown. We assume because of the way things are here, lifeforms and even what life is based on, it will be the same out there. Maybe not.

There may be lifeforms out there we wouldn't recognize as lifeforms. Perhaps million as you stated, millions and maybe even billions of years ahead of us. Who knows, no one for sure. Perhaps the mental capacity of those out there is a thousands time stronger or better utilized than ours. Folding of space to go from point A to point B may be possible for them. I don't know. But I'll leave the door open.

You ever hear of the Fermi Paradox? Perhaps the reason it exists is once a civilizations reaches a certain stage, that civilization destroys themselves or are destroyed by things beyond there control.

13. Durandal

How would time function differently for an alien? The only way I see it possibly being "different" is in how they perceive it, and of course in potential lifespans. OK, so maybe there's a critter out there that lives for a 1,000 of our years or whatever. Maybe then such a thing would be in a position to make a trip out here from where ever they're at and they wouldn't think that much of it.

I do love the idea of folding space to get places, provided that's possible. I also like my lifespan idea. Another thought I've had about it earlier is that life, even our own kind of life, might one day genetically engineer itself to be a better spacefaring race. It's one way to view the Greys, like they're humans who engineered themselves to be lighter and, I dunno, maybe less dependent on things like food and oxygen, maybe more radiation-resistant, maybe less dependent on sunlight and warmth, &c. That might actually make for some good sci fi :D

And yeah, I've heard of the Fermi Paradox. I suspect if civilisations are getting wiped out, it's happening naturally. But really, I think we don't encounter them because they're relatively rare and thus separated by those vast stretches of time and space I brought up earlier. Even if there's a good amount of "life" in the galaxy, most of it will not, today, be at the kind of state we're at. The next world may still be in a pre-Cambrian state and destined never to reach the kind of life we have on earth today. Or the next life-bearing world might resemble Lem's Solaris. I'll bet the vast majority of life in the universe today is microbial...

14. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

The known and unknown Alien Races are obviously using a form of Gravitic Drive....or else Interstellar Space Travel would not be viable.

If you think about it a Microwave oven would seem like MAGIC is shown to someone just 150 years ago.

They are Thousands if not a Million years in advance of us.

Time Dilation is not an issue if you can Fold or Warp Space-Time.

AboveAlpha

15. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

If there are ET civilizations, that are a thousand years ahead of us in understanding reality, they very well could have a means of transportation that would look like sci fi to us, in our relative primitive state of science and technology.

And that is why the idea of visitation is not impossible. Of course the question then is, why would they waste their time coming here? We are an incoherent species, still violent, emotional chimps, who after 50,000 years still have not evolved psychologically. We are still murdering one another over ideological beliefs, religious beliefs, and sometimes just for (*)(*)(*)(*)s and giggles.

If a much older species and civilization exists, then it seems to me that they have developed and evolved out of our psychological state, and were able to survive into an older civilization without destroying it earlier. And that is why I feel, that if ETs are coming here, they would not be violent, war like, for that would be the qualities that would insure they would never live long enough to develop a more advanced civilization.

16. AboveAlpha

Why do Human Scientists study an Ant Colony?

Why do we dart then tag and then release animals?

Knowledge.

Same for them.....but they are so in advancement to us we are the Darted Rhino.

AboveAlpha

17. AboveAlpha

You know NASA was and is awre of THEM and there are many Shuttle Missions where the Shuttle Commander had to turn off the Civy allowed to listen Radio and turn on the Military Encrypted Communication to discuss E.T. craft taking an interest in Shuttlles.....the Russian's have such data as well.

AboveAlpha

18. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

It's a race between God and Aliens as to which will reveal itself to humanity first. Oh wait, maybe they are the same.

19. perotista

Yeah, exactly. In a way even though mankind knows the earth is no longer the center of the universe, he still behaves and looks at the universe as if he is. I too think you are right about most life out there being microbial. Civilizations come and go and so too would life of various kinds on other planets. What stages life reaches where ever depends on what circumstances and happenings of that planet, its conditions etc. etc.

But one thing here, being a child of the 1950's, what was science fiction back then. A lot of it has become reality today. Then too there has been disappointments. After man landed on the moon in 1969 most of my generation thought 10 to 20 years later we would have a moon base and travel to and from the moon would become common. Landings on Mars couldn't be very far off, not more than a few years after the establishment of the moon base. Of course none of that has come to pass.

Then too, I wonder if searching for life among the stars might be just calling attention to us. Anyone who can travel among the stars would be so advanced they could have their own way with earth. Perhaps Hawking has a point. The old Twilight Zone episode comes to mind, "To Serve Man." But then again, who really know if as they said on Battlestar Galactica, "That life here, began out there." DNA manipulation, very possible.

20. Durandal

And that's because those dreaming of a moonbase and Mars landings failed to appreciate the sheer expense, complexity and engineering involved. That, I think, needs to be applied to the problem of space travel as well. We like to imagine it's possible, but right now, for us, it's far from being a reality. If it's even possible, it must be against great odds indeed that a lifeform accomplishes it.

21. perotista

Considering the technological advancements made since 1969, it should be right around the corner or happened already. Talks of a nuclear powered rocket was common back in those days. Perhaps the fear of an explosion on lift off may have ended any and all experimentation if it even got that far. Just talk maybe. Nothing say the moon base has to be big. Just big enough for a jumping off point. Perhaps a pulse type of engine could work from the moon to Mars and maybe beyond. I don't know, I am no expert. Just one wondering what the heck.

22. AboveAlpha

There is something we have that they need and it's not on Earth but rather on the Moon...H3....an Isotopse of Helium which they would use and need for their Fusion Reactors although to Fold or Warp Space-Time they would need to use a Matter/Antimatter Cascade Reaction in all Divergent Universal States of our Baseline Universal Grouping which is but one Baseline Universal Grouping of Infinite Numbers of Groupings in the Multiverse.

I have worked on Multiversal Theory and Multiversal Models which is NOT the same as the MANY WORLDS MODEL.

The Many Worlds Model is too limited and does not completely work in conjuction with Quantum Mechanics.

But if you can generate enough Energy to represent Mass.....as all Mass is at it's very smallest components is Quantum Particle/Wave Forms of Energy.

If you can do this...then have the Quantum Computational Power necessary for Sub Space or Hyperspace Navigation.....you could easily travel between Solar Systems.

But for other energy requirements they would be using Fusion and H3 or Helium 3 is necessary and because our Moon has no atmosphere H3 is ABUNDANT within our Moons Regolith.

Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong were to have talked about large Alien Mining Constructs on the darl side of the Moon as well have all Apollo Astronauts especially the 3rd guy who has to orbit the Moon while the Lunar Lander remains on the surface and then blasts off from the lunar surface when the mission was over to dock with the Lunar Orbiter which allowed them the fuel and splash down capsule to get back to Earth.

AboveAlpha

23. AboveAlpha

The U.S. could easily build a Moon Base...it's just an issue of justifying the EXPENSE!!

Once we start neededing H3 for our Fusion Reactors....you will see a Moon Base.

AboveAlpha

24. Durandal

Interesting input. Why would we need H3? I'm not familiar with the issue.

25. perotista

So you think it is possible that aliens have landed and were actually utilizing the moons resources? I have always felt, thought for mankind to survive well into the future it will have to leave this rock. Mankind will have to establish colonies out in space somewhere. There is too much left to chance by staying tied to this rock. Man has the firepower now to blow himself up, then there are natural things such as super volcanoes. If a Yellowstone, perhaps the Siberian Steps, Lake Toba, Mount Vesuvius and a few more could come close to wiping out mankind. If not man will be back living in caves. Then the threat from space itself, meteors, asteroids, comets hitting the earth. One of these days something like this is gonna happen.

Now I am not even going to pretend I know anything about quantum physics. I don't, I am just a dreamer who expected bigger and better things after 1969 which didn't happen. But warping of space seems possible, more feasible for space travel than worm holes. Once sucked in will one be thrown out the other side and is worm holes like two funnels back to back with the narrow end connecting them? I haven't a clue. Perhaps an anti gravity machine could work, but how does one know where the worm hole will deposit you even if one could enter it safely and escape out the other side?

Now folding space like a piece of paper, makes more sense if it is possible which you seem to think it is. Oh boy, I guess I am starting to write a book. The possibility of aliens mining on the moon, that is interesting. Then wanting to keep an eye on us to make sure they remain safe on the dark side could explain a lot of the UFO sightings.