Black youth ransack Georgia Walmart

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ronstar, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

While this is an very bad thing, I have to wonder if the youth(s) had been white would your title read "White youth ransack Georgia Walmart" .. BTW it was a gang of youths and not a single youth, though I suspect it was a slip of the finger and you did really mean youths.

I not condoning or attempting to justify their behaviour, I just wonder why it is necessary to point out the colour of their skin, does it make the crime somehow worse because they are black?

3. Matt84

Matt84 Well-Known Member

Rightwing playbook.

4. Fugazi

possibly, it is not an accusation I would make of the author of the OP, I don't have enough evidence to suggest such a thing of them. I just find it strange that in almost every media report when the "villain" is not white it seems a necessity to report their skin colour as if that virtue some how makes the crime worse.

If it is being done for the sake of accuracy then headlines should read "white male kills ....", after all we all have eyes and can see the skin colour of the person(s) involved.

5. Jackster

Jackster New Member

I wonder why he felt it necessary to point out their general age bracket, its not like we couldnt guess their skin colour.

6. Fugazi

Interesting question and one I don't have an answer for.

So by this you just assume that when a robbery and/or criminal damage takes place that the people doing it are black?

If you saw this headline

"couple savagely beaten by gang of youths in Brooklyn"

you would assume that the gang were black and the victims white, without any evidence to support it.

Interesting indeed.

though in this instance you would be wrong - http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/21/black-couple-savagely-beaten-by-gang-of-white-youths-in-brooklyn/

7. Matt84

Matt84 Well-Known Member

It helps to push the "all blacks are criminals" narrative. The right feeds the red meat in large servings to their followers. The yahoo headline reads differently than the OP's headline. Case in point.

Just a few weeks ago, the right quickly labeled the SC shooter as having "mental issues" and possibly being on medication. Also, not one blamed the parents for this. Not one asked where the parents were. He was simply an individual who committed an act that had no relation to his family or skin color although he himself stated that race was his main factor.

If you just call these kids youth that committed an act without a mention of race, it wouldn't help the narrative. See how that works?

8. Matt84

Matt84 Well-Known Member

It's the Bill O'Reilly tactic. I can state a belief in a way that one can draw his or her own conclusions without me actually saying specifically my views. Then when called out on it, I can simply say "I didn't say that or imply it".

For example, a school shooting occurred and I say "we all know who did this. Just look at past school shootings". When you ask me if I'm referring to young white males, I can say "where did I say that"?

9. Fugazi

Again it is not something I can honestly say about the OP author, I don't have enough evidence to do that . .though I do agree with your assertion that it is done to form a preconceived idea of "all blacks are criminals", and yes it does appear that the media down play any crime involving a white person as the instigator.

- - - Updated - - -

The implied is more than enough to justify the question.

10. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

gang?

what makes u think they were all gang members?

11. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Well, at least he said "Black" and not thugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

12. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

13. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

This seems to be a black youth trend. To ignore it for what it is, means no solution is found. .

14. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

But getting a gun and shooting up movie houses, churches and schools is not a White youth trend is it?

15. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Not necessarily but they are of a different nature.

I do agree with you though---we don't look into the background, race, religion or lack there of, of those "insane" white kids that have a perverted pleasure in killing. We do need to dig deeper---and frankly, why IS IT a white phenomen? Something in the culture shared by most white people I imagine. What is it?

But I'm thinking if you have 200 black kids, meeting at 1:30 and ransacking a walmart---and this follows other flash mobs of 100's of black kids----it might be we have a problem in the black community. We are talking about hundreds....in one community acting badly.

A little different then the occasional wacko. For the occasional loner wacko, who is white and shoots up people for the fun of it---we need to zero down on THAT family and that situation.

16. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

17. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

its both and its also not up to you to tell black people how they are wrong. who do you think you are?

My apologies if you are black but i highly doubt you are.

18. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Its not up to ME to tell black people how they do wrong? How funny. Sure it is.

But I will allow black people to tell me how white people do wrong. Liberal ideology is so racist and race driven...its just pathetic. Are you aware that your post denotes one race to do one thing and another to do another----based on color of the skin? You apologize if I'm BLACK? Only certain skin colors can discuss certain things?

We are all Americans. We are in it together. And if there are black communities that segregate together with a segregated culture they own and celebrate and then WE ALL have problems because of it---yep anybody with half a brain would give them a talking to. They need an attitude adjustment. They need to focus off the resentment and entitlement and start doing the things that help their children succeed. Like get an education. Do well in school. Get a job. Respect those in authority. Provide a stable family with a father and mother for your child. Let your children know they can succeed and give them the tools to do it.

That is a start.

19. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

until you have walked in their shoes it is not up to you to dictate how they should lead their lives. the guidance has to come from within, not from without. you have never faced discrimination because of your skin colour.

20. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

On the other hand I assumed the shipyard shooter was white until about two days ago. I had read some of the reports but never saw a pic of the guy.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember him being classified as "crazy black man", just as "a crazy man".

21. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

We have all faced discrimination. I assure you other races are just as capable of discriminating against all other races, including their own.

22. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

whites have not faced comparable discrimination in america, yet.

23. Matt84

Matt84 Well-Known Member

Occasional? What about all of the family murders, child murders, kidnapping?

24. Matt84

Matt84 Well-Known Member

And yet many on the right would consider a white welfare recipient living in a mobile home park smoking weed, drinking beer all day while watching NASCAR flying his confederate flag to be more than this individual you just described.

25. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Geese...The things I mentioned is how everyone should conduct themselves. Why are you advocating black people should stay poor and vulnerable?