Trump's immigration comments hurting GOP, Romney says

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by trucker, Jul 4, 2015.

1. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

so Romney is loyal to the corporatist global types and has to toll the line for them i get it. why would we care what he thinks? he couldn't beat obama in the 2nd [​IMG] and 3rd debates as if he just laid took a fall, for that fight in 2012 for the good of the gang.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/04/politics/mitt-romney-donald-trump-2016-election/
    romney stance on a wall is right along with trump in the past, so why is he siding with bush now and changing his tune?
    http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Romney/Immigration.php

2. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." - Donald Trump

So many lies have been told regarding Trump's quote. He was criticizing the Mexican Government, not the Mexican people. The media is so full of crap on this one and the "useful idiot" Liberal crowd is just jumping on board as they do to repeat the lie the media tells.

What he said is true, documented, and the public will never get a fair story. The media is here to destroy non-establishment PC views, not to report the news..

3. Jackster

Jackster New Member

4. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Then perhaps you can clarify.

When Trump says, and I quote from your post, "They're rapist," is he stating that the Mexican Government is a rapist or is he stating that people who come over the border are rapist?

5. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

The one thing hurting the GOP is that idiot Romney. For the first time since I was old enough to vote, I did NOT vote because that lame fool was the candidate.

Sit down and shut up, Romney. You're a failed presidential has-been.

6. Daniel Light

The GOP voters are going to vote for the GOP candidate.

It's the Independent voters Trump is alienating. A Presidential candidate cannot win without a large block of
    Independent voters. Simple math.

7. Jack Links

Jack Links Well-Known Member

Romney's a loser. He is the scourge of the Republicans. Along with Graham.

8. heirtothewind

heirtothewind New Member

Trump said what many people -- conservative or liberal -- think. It is refreshing to have a candidate who speaks his mind rather than frets over political correctness.

9. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think our border should be secured too. But what is going on today will have little to no effect in November of 2016. Americans have a very short memory and are eager to jump on the next hot issue or scandal bandwagon. Remember the doom and gloom over the government shutdown in October of 2013, how that was suppose to ensure the Republican defeat in the midterms. Know what, come December of that same year and the botched roll out of the ACA, the government shutdown became ancient history and might as well occurred at the turn of last century instead of a short two months ago.

All this stuff will have run its course and we will be focusing on the next hot issue. Perhaps Trump brings the attention back to immigration and Mexico next month, but that too will blow over. Keep in mind, everything that happens is a game changer according to the political pundits. In reality, 95% or more isn't.

10. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Well, it's pretty obvious your taking his quote out of the context of the whole message. He's simply telling the truth. Some of them are criminals of various types, including rapists. Honestly, it's abundantly obvious because illegal immigrants avoid entering the country through proper means.

Oh and trumps comments have increased his poll numbers, contrary to your desires.

Can you explain how criminal Mexican illegal immigrants benefit the American people?

11. Jackster

Jackster New Member

Well it appears atm at least the GOP voters are saying Trump is their man.

12. Daniel Light

In politics, perception is reality.

I will make no bones about how I feel about Trump - I've seen him in action several times at Mira Lago and spend enough time
    around the people of Palm Beach to now what his neighbors think of him. This is not a guy I want as President.

As to increased poll numbers - as they are not increasing significantly among Independent voters, that does not help in a general election.

13. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't think so because he is very popular among conservatives as evidenced by recent polls. It is still early in the campaign though. Most independents are conservative anyway.

14. perotista

The Democrats have a larger base, they can win pulling in only 46 or 47% of the independent vote. Whereas the Republicans must get around 54%. Most independents are not paying one bit attention to the presidential race at this point in time. This brouhaha of Trumps will be over in another month or two and it will be like it never happened.

15. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    He's hurting the GOP's registered brand. The Republican Party is first and foremost (just like the Democrats) a for-profit business. From what I have read, there has been a noticeable shift in support for Trump, away from him. Corporate USA has already spoken. Both brands; Republican and Democrat, are already owned by big money. Latino's will spend a lot more here in the US, when they all are legal residents.

16. Daniel Light

He is not popular with the Religious Conservative block.

He is not popular with old guard GOP.

He wouldn't work well with Congress. He's used to a dictatorship of one.

He sure isn't going to pull any Reagan Democrats.

As soon as his poll numbers drop, he'll drop out - the ego is strong in that one.

17. perotista

I don't think so either. In the just released CNN/ORC poll in a head to head match up between Trump and Clinton, Clinton would receive 21% of the Republican vote. Normal is 90% or a bit higher. What has happen is Trump made his remarks, the main stream media jump all over him to include NBC, Univision, Macy and others and a bunch of Republicans circled their wagons to defend him.

The same thing has happened with Clinton, the Democrats circled their wagons to defend and protect her when the Clinton Foundation and the E-mail server scandals hit. Trump has moved up from 3 and 4 points in the quest for the Republican nomination to 12 and 13 points. A good sizeable jump considering how many candidates there are. But I think that jump was due to a more of let us protect our own than actual switching of support to Trump.

But time will tell.

18. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Lol, that's not even relevant.

Trump doesn't have to win anyone over, he only has to be more impressive than Hillary, and he'll have no problem doing that.

When two people are running from a Bear, you don't have out run the bear, you just have out run the other person.

19. perotista

Trump will make the August debate as one of the top ten, that is what he wants. What he does from there, who knows? But like you I suspect him to drop out around time financial disclosures are due. That is the cynic in me.

20. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

The left and their allies in the media screwed up big time making a big deal out of Trumps comments about illegals from Mexico
    for the longest time the left and the media has been successful in hiding and ignoring the crimes committed by illegals, but because they made a big stink about Trumps comments it will shine a spot light on illegal Mexican crimes and the public will finally realize the problem that has been hidden from them
    All it is going to take is a few more murders or rapes like what we witnessed in San Francisco by an illegal, and it is going to be a very hot button issue coming voting time and Democrats are on the wrong side of that Issue

21. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

And the old gurad GOP is not popular with The People.

Obama doesn't work well with Congress either but he is changing the country.

They're all dead anyway.

Well that is your crystal ball.

22. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Holy Crap! Do you know how intellectually wanting your post is? I gave you the entire quote and you still could not help but tax it down to an out of context tiny portion.

The people they are sending include MANY rapists. There are statistics that nearly 80% of the women that come here are raped on their journey. You probably didn't know that did you? For (*)(*)(*)(*)s sake, get informed.

23. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

Besides Bush 43, who came across more conservative than he was and his dad, who rode Reagan's coattails, moderates like Romney have let us down. We don't need more squishy moderates who ignore the base for the imaginary all important center. Republicans need to grow some balls and quit letting the media pick their candidate.

24. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

It seems obvious that the Donald is calling Mexicans rapists. Corporate America has spoken and is not happy about these and other comments. Trump is going to fall hard.

Trump is a joke and the fact that so many Republicans say that they'd vote for such a fraud is remarkable. This is a guy who relied on bankruptcy more than once -- then denied it, of course.

25. ballantine

ballantine Banned

Nope. That day is over.

I was a registered Republican for 35 years, and I quit the party in complete disgust.

"I" haven't changed. I'm still a political conservative.

"They" are the ones who changed. And I don't want any part of it.

As far as I'm concerned, if anyone damages the Republican party, good. They're a bunch of lying corporatist scumbags just like the Democrats are. A pox on both their houses.