Educating the third world.

Discussion in 'Education' started by Brett Nortje, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

On monday the 6th of july, some parents 'invaded' a portable school to teach their kids. there seems to be no law saying that they need be denied an education, and there must be a law saying that they are entitled to some of that in humanitarian law. in any case, they need money from somewhere to support their quest for educated children.

What i have suggested is that the third world get media to cover the education of kids without schools, like some of those educational programs on the television. they could have an hour a day for each grade, or split it up into ten channels over free broadcasting opportunities. that is what we are doing here in cape town, of course.

To raise funds to pay teachers in the third world - well, actually, all they need is to pay the teachers, and believe it or not the teachers will come, as educated teachers today stand outside while people that know people go inside - we should find alternative means of payment. the teachers could be paid by the state, that, will see about ten teachers put them back about a hundred thousand rand a month for a while.

Alternative ways of paying teachers would be for the parents to help the teachers, and pay them what they can. say ten rand a day from twenty parents would be two hundred rand a day, with the help of some out of work parents would see them make a good teaching environment, of course.

ANy ideas how we will pay for all this besides those two avenues?

2. Brett Nortje

To raise money for the education of this type, we need to look at new 'sustainable' making methods. if the senior kids were to go out and do homework with other uneducated people, they will all learn. this means, of course, they could raise funds from those outside the school for use i the school, and everyone will benefit.

I am also familiar with the way that college students get jobs and leave before they complete their studies. this could be done in the third world as well, except the kids could stay in school. what am i talking about;

Well, if the kids were to get a computer center, they could work in work from home jobs from school, where they do data capturing and all that. tis will alleviate the work load on the first world where all the accounts are set, yes?

Of course, this will not be an official job - merely enough to cover their school fees and to eat a little lunch or something?

3. Brett Nortje

Maybe the school library could stock all sorts of best sellers, paid for by the state as infrastructure, then lent out to parents and students for a small fee?

Maybe the school could get a special contract where they use fully automated equipment and machines to build things for common use, like plastic bags? these could be put together on the school grounds, and the taxes could be reduced, or, they could operate tax free?

Maybe they could breed something luxurious, like horses? these horses could plough fields and then be sold to rich people? the third world schools are near farms i reckon, so, they will be able to work there on weekends, not for cash, as that is illegal, but rather for funds for the school teachers and equipment and stuff?

4. Brett Nortje

I want to make a new way to do algebra, as, i have sorted the whole of maths for high school and college out already in my 'works.'

Previously, i saw that if you assign certain numbers, i am not sure which, to the letters or 'values' you can get a ratio for the problem and know the answer without any other information. that seems to have gone down well at lower school for me, but now i want to make it more 'kosher.'

Okay, we have a long line of symbols, and we want to get the answer other than in letters and symbols. let's say that the problem is [x + b * a]. this would mean for us that can do it, that the answer is [x + ab], yes? let's see if we can get the real answer out of it? how would we do that? first off, we could say that we could say [a/b - x = something we make a positive number or reverse], yes?

Or, we could say that the ratio equals many values! these will all be in ratios, so, dividing your real numbers by intervals or spaces between numbers two backwards, or two forwards, would give a good answer. like for example [x + b * a] could be [9 + 5 * 6 =] 39 or 13 or 78, yes? these are like halves or whatever, or, you could multiply or divide it by fractions or points.

5. Brett Nortje

Maybe one of the best solutions to teaching the third world is for more teachers? this could be achieved by doubling the teacher to pupil ratio, and then seeing the teachers paid a little 'excess' of scholarships the pupils earn, yes? if a student earns a scholarship, the new school or college pays a little bit to all the teachers that helped raise the the child. or, of course, we might see many less scholarships?

In the end, all the money needs to come from somewhere. but, where will it come from this time?

If we were to observe the market, all the money is tied up in big business and the state. if either was to be alleviated of some of their monies, then there would be some more to spread around, yes?

So, how do we part the fool with their their money? if we were to list the colleges on the market, then there would be more money in it, as, certain colleges will perform, raising the prices for them, and some will fall, depending on their pass rate, yes? then the business can elect certain students to work for them if they went to the college.

This brings me to a new idea! secondary state! if the state was to set up a delegation of businesses that deliver services, it would be like involving them officially in the affairs of the state. this would be where successful business people get involved in the working of the state, of course. if the state was to then outsource some of it's duties to these businesses that are involved, the state could buy their shares and the companies could deliver upon services.

This will clear the clutter of the state no end. instead of having too many people doing too little, there will be swift resolutions of affairs, as, the capable business minds will see to it that their 'child' the country bears dividends.

Of course, they will have influence over the 'laws.' this will be where the company will try to get things like less labor required to make more products. on the same side, if the state was to have a say in how big business was run, they would push for more labor from people and not machines.

Either way, the education will be come more successful with the pupils being caught in the middle, considered as assets and tax payers. hell, they might even find a way to compliment each other by having the companies also get paid a portion of taxes, and, therefore the rate of tax payers will increase with outsourcing to new cities and countries.

Of course, this leads me to talk about how to reverse inflation even further! if the inflation rate goes up by the demand of petrol, if there was plentiful petrol, then prices will go down. of course, with biological fuels being on the rise, this will shortly come to pass, as petrol will get cheaper and cheaper, lowering costs for all transportation.

6. Brett Nortje

Getting everybody in the third world educated takes time. of course, there might be a cheap way to do it quickly, and that is my mission! if the third world was to learn to read and write and count quickly, then there would be a more suitable future for them.

So, i suppose there needs to be some rapid learning exercises? the best way to educate the people would be over the radio or other media like television, yes? i have learned other languages before, and it was hard enough to learn them with a mother tongue in writing! this means it will probably be, as it stands, very difficult to teach all the people how to read and write.

It comes to mind that teaching the people no american english, or, traditional english, would help them. instead of learning the american alphabet, with the sounds of the letters, the people could learn how the syllables actually sound and look, yes? think about it a word like brother is pronounced bro ther, of course. learning letters s if they were "br", "uo" and "ther" would help a lot.

Maybe a newspaper that can be passed around would help? imagine a picture tabloid for this learning to read purposes that teaches the people how to link a word to a picture? cheap too! each community could get a few of these sponsored by the state.

Now, the problem is where are the village people going to use these skills? they could set up a market to sell their goods and stuff i suppose, in exchange for money. but, that is not the problem facing so many children that cannot afford school, that deserve an equal chance.

So, the people learn phonetics and get picture tabloids to teach them. then, they need to practice writing these things, so, maybe a mass production of stencils and pens and paper is in order?

7. Brett Nortje

Of course, once you have the paper in the hands of the tribesman, what next? all of africa uses a germanic alphabet, so, they will see to it that they learn the right things for their language. of course, without a teacher this gets hard.

So, it should be a combined effort, with instructions for the newspaper coming from the radio, yes? that will take care of that!

8. Brett Nortje

To get the money to do these simple things, there needs to be sponsorship by the state or a private body.

If the state wants to get involved, they could 'tax' the people learning a chicken for a few supplies or something. maybe they could get hand me downs from school pupils? maybe they could use sticks in the sand? maybe they could practice counting people that walk past their dwellings each day?

On the other hand, what would aid the private sector? maybe some deals made with shops of the area, where they exclusively buy the products of the business, and the business hands out stencils, pens and paper, everyone could benefit?

9. Brett Nortje

Now, to get them people more radios! this will go a long way in teaching them, of course - all we need to do is finance this.

Every advert goes to paying the stations running costs. if they took that into account, they might be able to supply some clock radios for all the people so they will become aware of their adverts - maybe they could even make a deal with the 'education station?'

Another thing the people will learn from clock radios is how to count. if the station was to show them how to set the time, and, which numbers meant which.

10. Brett Nortje

Arithmetic is a fundamental skill for life in the city, and will help people in the fields too. to teach the people arithmetic, it is a good idea to teach them to count both ways from ten and to ten, like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, and 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. this will make them more mentally agile or skilled with these numbers.

It is easy to learn to count on your fingers, but real arithmetic skills could be taught with matches, which are plentiful in any area. then, there is the visual recognition of numbers.

Maybe we could get them to, with markers, label their fingers in order? this will teach them to count properly and hopefully speed up the process. then there is the added benefit of numbers from their clock radios to show them what the time is, as soon as they learn how to recognize numbers.

To get them to learn very fast, they should learn to write numbers out in the alphabet too, like "six" and "seven." this will help them too.

Then, there is the idea that the cows can only be milked a certain amount of times before you hurt them. counting the strokes will help them farm, and, help their maths.

If we were to have analogue clocks that go in the circle, then the tribes people will be able to count that way too, and learn something about plumbings, as, clockwise closes the taps, and anti clock wise opens the taps. this could prove to be fundamental to some people.

To get the arithmetic in there very quickly, they could also learn it like a song, the "one, two, buckle my shoe" song, yes?

Maybe if they were to label their fingers going each way, they will learn to add and subtract easier? :fingerscrossed:

11. Brett Nortje

Of course, the easiest way to learn is with pictures and words. i used byki to learn a few phrases in other languages, and it paid off, quickly. if we were to combine pictures of cows with words, and sums, it would be better, yes? this would be like three coffees plus two coffees. it could also simulate the basic algebra where [a] plus equals something, yes?

12. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

So only kids who can afford a uniform get an education? No thanks.