Our dog fell in love

Discussion in 'Animals & Pets' started by Moriah, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Before you laugh listen to my story. My daughter has a little German shepard mix dog named Roscoe. He is about 3 years old. He has never been around other dogs much and has always been very aggressive toward other dogs. He has always been affectionate toward my daughter and I though.
    For about a week there was a stray dog, German Shepard just like Roscoe, a male, running around the neighborhood. A few days ago Roscoe got out of his leash while my daughter was walking him. He immediately started following this stray dog around. My daughter says they were "humping" each other.
    To make a long story short, Roscoe has not been back home. We see him around and leave food out for him. He has not come back to eat. When we call him he ignores us. He never lets that stray dog out of his eyesight. It looks like love to me. I have never before seen a male dog attracted to another male this way.
    Have any of you ever seen anything like this?:confusion:

2. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I have good news and bad news. The dog that we thought was a boy is really a girl. That's the good news. The bad news is that Roscoe is gone. We haven't seen him for 2 days now. The stray dog is hanging around, but no sight of Roscoe. I'm so sad.:frown:

3. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Have you tried the pound?

4. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

the moral of the story is that regardless of gender, species or orientation, lust is more powerful than familial loyalty or economic security. Every parent of a teen could tell you that. So often these affairs of the heart end in disaster.

5. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Yes, I have. I want to go look for him at the pound, but my daughter doesn't. He had became so unruly until she doesn't want to deal with him anymore. She was the one who fed and walked him everyday. I'm not sure I can take care of him the way she did.

6. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Btthegreat, that is exactly what I told my daughter. He was acting just like a hard headed teenager in love. I think it has ended in disaster for him.