Confederate Flag Down, but South Carolina Blacks See Bigger Fights

Discussion in 'United States' started by Bluesguy, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Oh so suddenly your life is not better? You didn't get "equalized"? As predicted, this was a sideshow to keep the real issues affect the black community off the table. Just as the article cited here shows. The black community, their "leaders" (how come whites don't have to have white "leaders"), and the liberal politicians continue to present strawman excuses that hold down the black community, will not discuss the crime, the drug and alcohol abuse, the single motherhood, the fatherless children and lack of persuing a solid education that is necessary to achieve what they are not achieving.

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. — The victory — the removal of the Confederate battle flag from South Carolina’s State House grounds — was less than a week old. But as the Rev. M. Keith McDaniel Sr. sat at his desk on Tuesday morning, he had already moved on to the more substantive challenges facing African Americans here."

Well what have they been waiting on that they are now just "moving on to them"? That it took taking down a flag memorializing those who died for their state to get them moving is absurd.

"“That flag is simply a start; that’s all it is,” said Mr. McDaniel, the pastor of the Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church, a predominantly black congregation of about 1,300 people. He ticked off problems of poverty, inadequate housing and joblessness — “people who are living not check to check but hand to hand.” He added: “That flag coming down in Columbia, what is it doing for them?”"

Well at least someone asked the right question, the problem is presenting the wrong answers.

"With the lowering of the battle flag, black South Carolinians are wondering whether this moment might augur a new, more cooperative political tone that could help the state, one of the nation’s poorest, begin to address the longstanding racial disparities in income, education, health care and quality of life."

The state address the problems, you mean the government? The governments have been doing so for over 50 years and the government is not the answer. Want to address those issues, the address the problems WITHIN the black community. Failure to take advantage of the free education offered, the same on offered to everyone else. Failure to get trained to do a job and then doing it and being a good loyal employee. Health care is free to the poor and NOT what is holding them down economically. Quality of life, THEY are responsible for the quality of their life and no one else. Single motherhood, high crime rates, high drug use, failure to get an education.

"A handful of black leaders are indulging in an unbridled optimism after South Carolinians of all races rallied to condemn the massacre of nine black churchgoers in Charleston, which the authorities have described as a hate crime, and after a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers voted to take down the divisive battle flag. A few hours after the vote in the House, which came after a contentious, 15-hour debate, Representative Robert L. Brown, a black Democrat, closed the door to his legislative office in Columbia. Then he faced a corner and sobbed.

“The flag is just part of it,” Mr. Brown said through his tears, invoking the notion of a South Carolina that for once offers “prosperity for all.” He added: “I think it’s going to happen.'’"

That flag had nothing to do with the problems within the black community. The problem is blaming those problems on specious things like that flag.

"Others note, more soberly, that the politics of South Carolina are divided along philosophical and racial lines that can seem as if they are one in the same. Blacks, who make up about 28 percent of the population, overwhelmingly vote for Democrats, and many of them believe that a bigger and more vigorous government is a key to solving problems that are hangovers from the days of segregation and slavery."

They have done that for over 50 years, succumbing to the liberal line that you need us to make your life better because you can't do it so we will provide for you. How about voting for Republicans for a few decades and see if your life improves with a good paying job and your taking responsibility for it and not get pregnant, don't become a criminal, don't abuse alcohol and drugs and buckle down and get your education of job training then go work your arse off help make your employer successful and you will be successful.

"But for years state government here has been dominated by Republicans. Most of them are white, and deeply skeptical about the power of government to solve South Carolina’s problems. In the midst of the recession, the state’s previous governor, Mark Sanford, refused to take $700 million in federal stimulus money to help the state’s struggling schools, and did so only after the State Supreme Court forced his hand in 2009. And Mr. Sanford’s successor, Nikki R. Haley, is among a number of Republican governors who have declined to use the Affordable Care Act to expand Medicaid eligibility to the working poor in their states."

Government spending is NOT the answer. We spend more per pupil in this country that anywhere else even in our lowest funded states. If the people refuse to work at getting that education, get themselves kick out of school, worry more about teaching "black history" so everyone can hate the white man instead of getting the core subjects down, how do they expect their lives to be better?

And no the state does not have to bankrupt itself to make YOUR life better.

"Some Democrats here interpret such stands in the context of the state’s troubled racial history.

“It’s that trained attitude that they still have, that ‘You’re not going to tell me what to do, or how to run my plantation,’” said State Representative Harold Mitchell Jr., a black Democrat from Spartanburg.

Unresolved historical tensions continue to season modern-day debates on both sides. Before the Civil War, the majority of residents in the state were black slaves. Whites here were particularly concerned about slave revolt, and were the first to fire on Union forces, at Fort Sumter."

Just laughable, sad but laughable. And since when is the federal government doing such a great job of things. The problems of today have nothing to do with Fort Sumpter.

"Many of them were related to South Carolina’s economy, which, like the American economy as a whole, has glaring racial disparities. Blacks have lower rates of homeownership than whites, as well as significantly lower median household incomes and per capita income levels, gaps that census data shows have not significantly narrowed in recent years."

See above, when you engage in harmful behaviors, don't get your education, do not become good loyal productive workers guess what? You're going to have a lower income and not own a home NO MATTER WHAT YOUR RACE.

"Porsha Porter, an aspiring sous chef, said she was barely making it in this region, known in South Carolina as the Upstate. Although business-friendly policies have long lured big employers like BMW and Michelin to the area, Ms. Porter, 26, said she was working two jobs, including one as a cook at a sports bar.

She was pessimistic about her ability to get ahead, and about the state of race relations."

What does race relations have to do with her getting ahead as a cook in a sports bar and how ahead does she think she can get in one? Why not go to work at BMW or Michelin and get ahead.

"Still, Mr. Brown said, the flag’s coming down suggested better times ahead."

I would suggest your better times ahead have nothing to do with the flag but with your own personal efforts to get there and the black community changing IT's behaviors and IT's attitudes is the only way that is going to happen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/u...-south-carolina-blacks-see-bigger-fights.html

2. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

the flag needed to come down, that was a good thing......

3. MrNick

MrNick Banned

No it wasn't............

That was tyranny and fascism.

4. FreshAir

tyranny and fascism is why it was there in the first place and why it needed to come down, it had no place there

5. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Maybe, but your position makes you just as bad.

Respect others depite how misguided they are.

6. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

then it was democrat tyranny and fascism

7. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

It was actually PC tyranny. That said, I have no problem with it being put in a museum of past history. That is where it belongs as an item of US history. A State symbolizing it's resistance to ending equality under the law will always be controversial.

8. MrNick

MrNick Banned

If progressives want to be the people they portray then they need to learn tolerance.

9. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

RT News has been playing this, "Big Time".

To their credit, among those interviewed was an old Black Man
    wearing a CSA spangled baseball cap.

He said quite clearly, although with accent, the CSA was part of their heritage!​

And I agree.

The CSA has been corrupted to one meaning, Slavery. And all associated like "the serpent".
    It is what I term, Herstory, Not History. So PC yet so corrupted from the truth of it "all".

Remember, George Wallace passed away at peace with those he opposed because of race.
    I remember some of the Black people explaining they just have their own ways, in the South.
    Today, their culture, their ways are under the gun of the Yankee media.​

Moi :oldman:

r > g

View attachment 36465
    We did it to the CSA,
    Time for :flagcanada: too

Manifest Destiny - God Wills It​

10. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Weve seen it more times than we can count at this point. They are tolerant as long as you agree with exactly what they agree with.

11. Hoosier8

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

Liberalism is a religion. Its tenets cannot be proved, its capacity for waste and destruction demonstrated. But it affords a feeling of spiritual rectitude at little or no cost.
    --- David Mamet

12. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Who said the Confederate Flag coming down was going to change Black America or many of the issues we face?

13. MrNick

MrNick Banned

The problem is they're extremists - if you're not pro black then you have to be a racist.... They're simpleminded people...

I have never understood their position - if I'm not for an idea or even question it I must be against it.... I suppse all they underdstand understand is a positive and negative... Yea? well I judge the indivudal and I can care less about their race....

14. FreshAir

southern Conservatives, same ones upset it's now down......

- - - Updated - - -

doesn't work that way, I would no more support a anti-Republican hate flag on the state house lawn then the Confederate flag

but your free to fly one if you wish...

it's not respectful to force it on others via the government

your logic is that if you don't let my state fly an anti-republican flag on the state house lawn it's disrespectful, not so at all, it's out of respect it's not allowed

15. Hoosier8

You mean like murdering each other? Who can address that other than Black America?

16. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Good, we should keep the disagreement over the Rebel Flag civil.... However, there are plenty of progressives who would support legislation banning the flag - RINO's too...

It's all silly and tyrannical...

Do you want to see the Rebel Flag banned?

17. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

When the 13 southern states succeeded from the Union, the federal government lost 70% of it's tax revenues and that what the Civil War was all about with the Union, not slavery.

Starting during the early 1960's the cultural-marxist revisionist started rewriting the history of the Civil War.

18. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Lets not forget - even tea party members wanted the flag down... Of course I opposed it but it goes to show how some alleged "freedom fighters" are really nothing more than tyrants...

It seems poltiical power corrupts everyone...

19. FreshAir

I do not want to see it made illegal in peoples private life, but I do not think it should be flown permanently on gov land, now special occasions, I would have no issues with, just like we allow the kkk to protest on the state house lawn from time to time....

prohibition of flags, drugs, alcohol, guns, whatever.... doesn't work.....

20. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

I do not have a problem with taking the flag down and putting it in a museum but this article is spot on. Taking the flag down is merely another meaningless symbolic gesture that does not improve the lives of anyone.

My take is blacks high unemployment is a real problem that requires a real solution. The only thing Obama has offered is lip service. He is a fraud.

To have a large segment of the population with this kind of high unemployment is not good for our society. We need a real leader who can get things done not only offer lip service and empty gestures.

21. FreshAir

having the flag there was a meaningless symbolic gesture... removing it was just the right thing to do

what we do not need is more tax cuts for the rich republicans who think tax cuts for the rich will fix everything....

22. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

I detect a wee racist slanting there..

23. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Good - we agree.... I will say a state can fly the flag and the means which were used to take it down were fascist means...

I have zero connection to the Rebel Flag to boot - I'm from Northern Illinois (north of Chicago)..... I fly the Gasden Flag and so do many....

24. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

You can see it illustrated in their entire ideology, it doesn't matter what topic. They are hard wired to protest and think about anything and everything with emotion as opposed to logic. Its why they don't get embarrassed when we repeatedly point out blatant hypocrisy.
    Racism..we are the racists except when leftists are the ones actually caught on tape making racist comments. Look back at my posts about the MSNBC hosts making fun of the Romney grandchild, they couldn't and still cant admit its racism. This after years of them calling us racists for simply disagreeing with Obama.
    Abortion....they have no problem crushing the skulls of an unborn and harvesting its organs to sell to anyone who wants them but all of a sudden care about the baby that needs to feed at target.
    Environment....they care about global warming until you point out Al Gore heats multiple homes when he isn't even there and wastes more fuel on one airline flight to give a dumbass speech than I did all year to heat my home.
    Police....they are against them until they need them as illustrated by the leftists who ran like frightened children into the very hands of the police they were just protesting. Hmm what happened to the police killing you? Shouldn't you be safer with the bikers just smacking you around?
    War...they bash bush but back Hillary even though she voted for the same Bush war.
    Religion....drawing a depiction of the muslim god simply standing still is offensive but a depiction of Jesus being dunked in a jar of urine is not only acceptable to them but free speech.
    free speech...see above. They are for it as long as you say what they want you to say.
    Guns....the gun is the problem but not the illegal alien murderer who wielded it, who of course couldn't have wielded it without leftist support of sanctuary cities. Yes its the NRAs fault.
    OIl........OIL IS EVIL......except when they use it their cars and use it to type on an internet forum to satisfy their need to use the internet.
    Pipelines.....they hate those as well and would prefer trucks to haul the same oil instead. I guess those trucks don't contribute to global warming.
    McCain....they detested him even making fun of his broken arms, Trump zings him, McCain goes back to being the war hero they said he wasn't.

I could go on for pages but I think you get the picture.

25. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

...and yet they (the leftists) call other people bigots. They are quite the hypocrites.