Rubio wants to disqualify Trump from White House

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by tidbit, Jul 21, 2015.

1. tidbit

tidbit New Member Past Donor

"Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Sunday that he finds Donald Trump’s mockery of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and his time as a prisoner of war “absurd,” adding that they should disqualify Trump from the White House. Rubio said that what Trump said about John McCain's time as a prisoner of war was insulting to all POW's.

Rubio, needs to be reminded that the constitution allows for freedom of speech. He should also remember that George Bush Jr. went AWOL during his time in the military. If anyone should have been disqualified from running for President it should have been Bush.

Sam Johnson R-Tx, " . . . who has served in the House since 1991, said that Trump's remarks over the weekend mocking the Arizona Republican for being captured during the Vietnam War were insulting to all American POWs."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...maker-trumps-mccain-attack-a-slap-in-the-face

While I respect Mr. Johnson for his service and sacrifice to this country, it is my opinion (and yes, Rubio, I am entitled to have and voice my opinions) that if anyone insulted POWs/MIAs it was John McCain.

While the "Crown Prince" of prisoners, McCain, was treated with kid gloves because daddy was an admiral, his fellow prisoners received no preferential treatment. This is a slap in the face and an "insult" to his fellow service men.

When McCain was released, many of his fellow prisoners were left behind. McCain worked hard to keep this fact from the eyes of the public. I think this is an unforgivable "insult" to his fellow service men.

Even though the NV nicknamed him "Songbird", when McCain returned home, he was honored with several big-shot war hero medals ". Even though they did not cave to the NV while being tortured, very few of his fellow service men received any medals at all. I think this too is an unforgivable "insult" to his fellow service men.

What I also think is a slap in the face to all service men, is former service men defending a man who is reported to have provided important information to the enemy, and sponsored bills that ensured information about his fellow service men who were Missing in Action would never be revealed, not even to the MIA's families. http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/steamed.gif

2. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Misleading title. A more accurate title would be Rubio thinks Trump's remarks disqualify Trump from the White House.

3. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Having your shoulders repeatedly broken = "being treated with kid gloves"

4. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

So who deserves more respect?

McCain, who at least was willing to put his ass on the line for country?
    McCain, who you can se can't raise his arms over his shoulders because of injuries while serving his country?

Or

Trump, who weaseled out of the military?
    Trump, who made a fortune by declaring multiple bankruptcies to fill his own pockets while leaving his sub-contractors hanging
    in the wind?

It's a simple question.

5. rocker65

rocker65 Active Member

I think the title is accurate as it is. Trumps remarks have nothing to do with disqualification. Rubio's ambition to be president (same for Perry, Graham, et al) has everything to do with it. Trump's rapid rise in the polls has got these guys frantic, and they're showing it. All the more reason for their polls numbers to drop even more. In Rubio's case, he is already disqualified for being one of the Gang of 8, and supporting amnesty for illegal aliens. for years.

- - - Updated - - -

You have any pure proof that McCain had that done to him ? (other than his say so)

6. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

McCain > Trump

7. rocker65

rocker65 Active Member

Trump does. Because he is for protecting Americans from the long list of harms of immigration, while McCain is an immigrationist, illegal alien ass-kisser, who was one of the Gang of 8. Trump also has the guts and will to take on China, Mexico, and Iran and other enemies of the US, while McCain has not shown that. This is more than enough for me to respect Trump more than McCain, who will get zero respect from me. And the presidency is about what you are going to do for the country (2017-2020), not what you did or didn't do in 1967.
    PS - Trump is not entirely non-military. He graduated from a military boarding high school nearby to West Point, with a rigorous 4 year program.

8. Daniel Light

Good god, Trump hasn't "taken on," any of these people. He has made a few speeches. That is all. That is what you consider heroic?

He has left his sub-contractors and investors hanging in the wind while he walks away after declaring bankruptcy. THAT is what you consider heroic?

Sorry, dude. Just not buying what you and Trump are selling.

9. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Trump will take on anyone. He has an opinion, expresses it, stands by it. Agree or disagree. What surprises me is all the other candidates falling for the liberal media bait. And most answer thinking they will get some points. Ted Cruz is the only candidate smart enough to see through the liberal media.
    Ted Cruz quote: "You know I recognize that folks in the press love to see Republican-on-Republican violence, and so you want me to say something bad about Donald Trump, or bad about John McCain or bad about anyone else," he said. "I'm not going to do it."

10. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Not really, as that doesn't have a damn thing to do with what he said.

11. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lol...uh....what?

12. heirtothewind

heirtothewind New Member

The qualification for President are in the Constitution. Exercising free speech is not a disqualification. Let the voters decide. They can't do any worse than Bush.

13. AlphaOmega

but you bought into Obama?

14. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Who was better than Obama in 2008 for the Democrats ? No one. He was the best of those who ran, period.

15. AlphaOmega

Based on?

16. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Find plain English confusing, do you?

17. AlphaOmega

No just your lack of constitutional fortitude.

18. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

You're not making any sense.

19. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump disqualified himself.

Top military brass and many big corporations have refused to interact with Trump, and the list is growing.

20. pol meister

pol meister Well-Known Member

It is sad to see Rubio taking this bait, because I think there is a lot of promise to his political future. But it goes to show his youthful naivety, and that he hasn't learned yet from his immigration debacle from a couple of years past.

21. Daniel Light

So you couldn't support your views on Trump - I can see why you would want to change the subject.
    I'm not really an Obama supporter - nor Am I an Obama hater - he is what he is.
    Trump is what he is. I've seen him work up close and personal, and it's not pretty.

22. AlphaOmega

sure I am just not to you

23. AlphaOmega

sure I can. He is for enforcing our laws. Obama and the herd of rinos are not. Trump is going to force that issue as well as others that our elected officials have vecome stagnant on. Are you for sanctuary cities or do you agree with trump?

24. Dollface

Dollface New Member

I hate to break the news to you but Trump would kiss those countries ass before he would ever stand up to them. Funny how republicans want someone who filed for bankrupt times and never served running the country. However, the would love to have a birther racist in office.

25. Capitalism

Capitalism Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Top Military Brass" , you mean what's left after the upper echelons were gutted?

"Big Corporations" , which is it you either are for big corp or you're not. You're like a damn pancake, flippity flop. Since they don't support him why dont you?