Right Wing GOP Has Been Promoting Abortions for 35 yrs

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by merrill, Jul 22, 2015.

1. merrill

merrill New Member

Right wing politicians promote abortions through ignorance by standing in the way of sex education and birth control.

Planned Parenthood has likely prevented millions of abortions over time. Where's this conversation?

Birth Control is abortion prevention absolutely.

Sex Education is abortion prevention.

Supporting No Birth Control and No Sex Education = more abortions.

How many know that Planned Parenthood is wayyyyy more pro-active about abortion prevention than the right wing politicians have ever been?

Planned Parenthood locations are more like medical clinics which offer a variety of services for both male and female. A great source for low income human beings.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info

2. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

now that we have obamacare, there is no reason for planned parenthood to exist.

We need to cut the cost of government to balance the budget.

3. merrill

merrill New Member

Planned Parenthood does reduce the cost of government by providing a variety of medical care to low income
    people in the communities. Homework is also valuable.

Want to truly reduce the cost of government and cost of living across the board?
    http://www.healthcare-now.org/docs/spreport.pdf ( very interesting findings)

This fact holds true: Supporting No Birth Control and No Sex Education = more abortions. Yes even for "pro life" families.

Personally I consider myself pro choice/pro life.

4. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the availability of abortions, the number has exploded versus a time when it was less available and less women needed it? I guess what I want to say is that I believe a strong sense of social/moral values should curb abortion rates.

5. Jack Links

Jack Links Well-Known Member

Contraception should be encouraged. It reduces needless suffering of children. Clinics should be built in 3rd world countries esp. Think how many millions of children that could be spared a life of misery and death. The population will adjust to available conditions. Disease used to balance it out by killing off millions. Is this what we really want? I think we can do better. Because these third worlders are bringing diseases with them into other countries. If their population were reduced in their home countries there could be a smaller healthier condition for them.

6. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

if planned parenthood is so good at preventing abortions, why do they kill hundreds of thousands of babies annually... maybe they aren't that effective... I mean when was the last time planned parenthood taught the school programs? they don't last I checked, because unions wouldn't allow them to replace a union teacher with any message unless they paid the union dues... lol that makes me giggle to see two democratic organizations battle over not helping the kids, but the dues owed...

I just am fascinated, an organization called "planned parenthood" does anything but help kids plan for being parents... they abort more babies than birth babies now... you would think an organization who's very name suggests they help you plan for being a parent, would work with conservatives the most and help these people find a way to keep their children... but they have few services to do that... in fact they balk at the education of teens coming to them about choices they have to keep their babies!!! states passed laws saying planned parenthood HAD to inform them its possible to keep the baby, and connect them to organizations that would assist them, but planned parenthood objected saying they shouldn't be forced to do that! wtf wtf wtf!

7. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

are these the same kind of "facts" used to suggest obamacare would save us billions of dollars? and we have yet to see the actual savings promised? much like all the other broken promises based upon the "facts" presented to us about that?

I'm not saying healthcare isn't important, or that we could do a better job of it, but come on, even you have to say democrats screwed up big time with their facts... and now all you're doing is resorting to their literature to prove we should do it a different way now... well if we have to do it a different way now, doesn't that mean the way they proposed and passed, would be wrong? so democrats passed a bill that was wrong for america?

you see where I struggle to acknowledge or accept the "facts" when they had a chance to pass any bill they wanted (they controlled the senate, house, and presidency) yet all we got was this broken bill of "facts" and now we should change to this completely different way of healthcare because you have new "facts"?

we could have expanded medicare/caid for tens of billions, instead of wasting hundreds of billions we are now, and increasing costs by trillions overall... and we'd have helped more people than screwing with the system just to lead down the path to single payer... now single payer will look like the only option because once we go forward in america, for some reason we're always too afraid to take a step back and say hey we screwed this one up lets stop that... instead we just charge forward to the next dumb option that screws it up even more...

so lets not kid ourselves with your new "fact sheet" pdf... its just more biased propaganda...

the ONLY thing good to come from obamacare, was preexisting conditions... and thats literally it... sadly thats it... that could have been tackled with a simple bill to expand medicare/caid... with little impact on all americans... for pennies on the dollar what we're paying now as a collective whole... screwed the pooch...

8. merrill

merrill New Member

Planned Parenthood does not kill hundreds of thousands of babies annually.

Preventing pregnancies does not kill babies.

Why is it the right wing does not want to prevent pregnancies?

Planned Parenthood does provide medical assistance to all genders = a very good practice.

toddwv and (deleted member) like this.
  9. merrill

merrill New Member

Are you saying people should not have sex? A perfectly normal activity which is also healthy. Reaching climax is healthy for the immune system.

10. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Make up your mind, merrill. First you say that the GOP is preventing pregnancies and now you're saying that it doesn't.

BTW, the one thing that has been noticeably absent from your comments about pregnancy is personal responsibility.

So, what do you think about the lurid videos coming out of the fetus farm at Planned Parenthood? I'm pro-choice and I find them appalling.

11. DarkSkies

Not saying that at all. People can have sex responsibly. Several failures have occurred if a woman finds herself on an operating table after sex.

12. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

Did you keep a straight face while typing that ?

Bet not.

13. Talon

Indeed, it would. It would also help if people rediscovered the virtues of personal responsibility, too.

14. merrill

merrill New Member

My my so many moral giants of our time .......... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Personal responsibility such as sex education for the younger crowd and contraception for all women .... now we are on to something.

No personal responsibility for the men that which produce the semen that which induces pregnancy then leave the women behind. Now I
    say the men should should doing contraception considering without men there is no pregnancy.

Why do the women need to take all of the crap?

15. merrill

merrill New Member

Absolutely........

Politicians have babies outside of marriage and/or do abortions.

16. merrill

merrill New Member

Planned Parenthood is there for the women that want to participate in responsible sex.......

17. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

What time is this you're talking about? There's no way to know if you're right or wrong in your supposition unless we know what time you're referring to.

And that sense of values you wish people to have is best supported by harsh punishment of women who dare to have sex and get pregnant, right?

18. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Personal Responsibility: The responsible thing to do when an unplanned or accidental pregnancy happens is to terminate the pregnancy.

Planned Parenthood thus helps women to act responsibly.

19. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Because they're the "weaker vessel", they're Jezebels who tempt innocent men to SIN. They should be put in the stocks and forced to wear the Scarlet Letter but we have to settle for just condemning them to raise a child they don't want. It's the Christian thing to do. [/satire]

20. DarkSkies

I'm talking about abortions. The amount of abortions PP alone performs suggest major failures in social and moral values (irresponsibility).

I suppose the time frame to compare is pre Roe v. Wade.

The sense of values I'm referring to is not harsh punishment for sex and pregnancy. Pre RvW families bared the responsibility of teaching the facts of life to their sons and daughters. The potential stress on the family was enough to suppress irresponsibility. After abortions were legalized, all sorts of freedoms came with it, but so did recklessness. Having sex and then having to visit the abortion doctor should be seen as a health issue/crisis.

21. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

or irresponsible.

22. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

Now you're changing what you said.
    Go figure.

23. Talon

Nice strawman. Who said anything about their being a moral giant?

So, let me get this straight - you think people should just be screwing around willy-nilly without any consideration for the consequences? Moral giant, indeed. :roll:

Last I checked, we already have sex ed in our schools and contraception is available to men and women. I get the impression you grasp the concept and role of personal responsibility here.

Oh, boy - another strawman. :roll:

Where did I say that women are solely responsible for contraception? Ever heard of condoms and vasectomies?

I also noticed how you avoided my question about the remarks of the fetus farmers at Planned Parenthood. Now, there's a bunch of moral giants for ya.

"I want a Lamborghini!"

24. Talon

LOL - Really? Do you have any idea how many parents can laugh at that remark?

A couple's options don't end at abortion following an unplanned pregnancy. For example, one option is adoption.

Planned Parenthood helps women get abortions, and being pro-choice I don't have a a problem with that, per se. But let's be honest about it.

25. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

Both sides of politics in America have invested millions in abstinence only sex education instead of pushing the safe sex message.