Race relations the leftist media won't tell you about.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Texas Republican, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

I recently went to our local high school's football pre-season pep rally. The team is probably 50% white, 40% black, and 10% Hispanic. In many situations, the white kids hang out with the white kids, the black kids hang out with the black kids, etc. But:

1) There is absolutely zero "racial tension".
    2) All of the kids interact with each other and they get along very well; they consider the other players to be their brothers.
    3) There are a few interracial couples at the school among the students, and also among the parents.
    4) If there was any racism expressed by a team member, that person would instantly be a persona non grata.

This is America in 2015. You wouldn't know it if you only listened to that loon Sharpton or his network.

2. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

This is the first time I'm trying out this argument, so please keep that in mind.

Your pep rally, disproves your assertion. Why? Because they had something to bond over, something that united that transcended race. Sports. You go to a pep rally, you're going for the sports. It doesn't really matter your race when you're there to cheer on the football team, and everyone there too is part of the sports community. So wouldn't it make more sense then for the racial groups to be intermingled more? If they're clearly definable groups based upon race, then what does that say about how members of the same community interact with each other outside of the pep rally? The answer is simple, there is subtle racism going on.

3. Texas Republican

Good points. And if anyone acted in a racist manner, they'd be off the team in a NY minute.

I remember back in 1993 the day after the Dallas Cowboys won their first Super Bowl in a long time. They beat the Buffalo Bills. I think the score was 52-17. I was in a black neighborhood in Dallas at a Burger King. There was only one other customer, a black guy about my age. I was there in a business suit; he was not. We didn't have much in common, but we talked for several minutes about the game. There was a real bond. Sports does that.

Back to my point ... race relations are not ideal. Maybe we're only halfway to where we need to go. But things aren't as bad as the media portrays.

4. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

You know that's ..different from my experience.
    At my High School,Blacks/Whites/Hispanics/Asians/other hung out together all the time,sports or not.

5. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

As a liberal I base my view of race relations upon what I observe and what I observe is that race relations are relative to the place where it is observed... meaning that race relations in Fergison are not the same as race relations in Seattle, or Miami, or Boise, or Denver, or Dallas... etc.

6. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

What do you mean?

7. Texas Republican

I don't know how to put it any simpler: race relations in the U.S. are better than what the media and Obama portray.

8. Texas Republican

And that may happen at my local high school as well. I don't know for sure because I'm not there during school hours. I only go to sports events. At sports events, I see absolutely no racism or racial tension at all. To the players, there are no "white players" or "black players", there are just "players".

9. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

That is very true.They were even better for many years before he took office. :eyepopping:
    He may have denigrated race relations by a very small amount...some..not much.. but it will pass after he leaves.

10. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

funny, most Conservatives argue that race relations have gotten much WORSE under Obama.

11. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

It IS anecdotal evidence Ron.

12. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Give me an example where it has been exagerated.

13. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

14. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

True, but doesn't it equally challenge the opposite end of the spectrum suggesting all blacks are gangster thugs and all Hispanics are violent illegals? You example should be held against extremist idiots on all sides and only when more of you drop the political partisanship will you have a chance of solving the very real problems that do exist.

15. Texas Republican

All you have to do is turn on the TV. The president, former AG Eric Holder, MSNBC ... They talk about white-on-black violence being routine, something that happens every day in every city ... an "epidemic".

16. Texas Republican

Very, very few blacks are gangsta thugs. In fact, I've never seen one except on TV.

17. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

Well...your high school doesn't respresent the entire nation.

Consider this... During the Dylan Roof investigation the FBI stated that Dylan Roof's name did not appear among any of the 19 KKK groups in SC that they were aware of. If you caught that, there are 19 KKK groups...in South Carolina...and those are just the ones they know of. These people have friends...and families. In Ferguson, the FBI gave clear indication of racist policies of the towns administration and law enforcement institutions against the Blacks in the area. The town was also clearly divided on their stance of the whole Ferguson issue.

Racism isn't everywhere in the country, but it's definitely in the country and in some parts, it's concentrated along traditional and structural lines.

18. Independant thinker

Independant thinker Banned

Wait, is the media right or left wing?

I really can't tell who benefits more from racial issues.

19. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

It's not white on black so much as it is police on black violence.

20. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

The media is simply reporting on current events some of which show race-related conflicts. They aren't insinuating that race-relations in America are generally poor.

I don't know what your basis is for saying Obama suggests race-relations aren't good. He seems to be quite the optimist about almost everything.

21. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

And you get this from where? Meanwhile Blacks dominate interracial crime. Go figure.

22. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

The general impressions I get from politicians, leading public figures on the topic etc.

23. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

And those would be like Mrs. Klinton, who wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in head. Here's a huge hint for you. Learn to think for yourself instead of having idiots and liars think for you.