Do you believe in the Paranormal?

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by Nightmare515, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

I'll share a story with you guys.

My ex girlfriend came to visit me a couple years ago. She stays for about a week or so then she has to go back to her home state. The next morning Im casually taking a shower and the bathroom fogs up like usual. I get out and dry off and start my normal routine, brushing my teeth, shaving, etc. As I'm standing there in the mirror shaving the mirror starts to fog up from my shower and I notice something slowly being formed on the top of the mirror. It looks like words or something. Then I realize that it is words slowly forming as the mirror steams up. Something is writing on this mirror right now. I see an "I" and a "hope" and a "you" form....Holy (*)(*)(*)(*).....Oh hell no!...I grab my clothes, forget shaving, half my face full of shaving cream, run downstairs, get in my car and drive to the Best Western hotel around the corner. I don't know what the hell that was but it was writing to me on the mirror, I'm (*)(*)(*)(*)ing out of here to hell with the furniture and clothes and all the other stuff in that house. Ill buy more stuff. The desk clerk looks like at funny because I still have shaving cream in spots even though I tried to wipe it off.

"I need a room please Sir"
    "Sure...you seem to be in a hurry"
    "Yeah my damn house is haunted"
    "Excuse me sir?"
    "My damn house is haunted it started writing to me on the *******n mirror just now"
    "Sir, are you alright? You seem very distraught"
    "I just told you my freaking house is talking to me man"
    "Sir would you like me to call a relative for you or perhaps the police, maybe someone can help you?"
    "No I just want a room because I'm not staying in that damn house anymore that's all, I'm not mental man I don't need help"
    "Very well Sir...here's your room"

Im pretty sure he called the cops...

I get in my room and call the landlord and tell him that I'm breaking the lease because screw him and his house with crap being written on the walls by ghosts and stuff. I call my girlfriend to let her know what was going on and she busts out laughing at me... What the hell is so funny my house is being overrun by the damn Exorcist....

"On my last night there I wrote you a message with my finger on the mirror so you would see it the next time you took a shower. I just wrote that "I will miss you and I love you and hope to see you again soon".

.......Oh LOL

From that day until the day I moved the landlord gave me a dirty look every time I went to pay the rent.... :(

perdidochas likes this.
  2. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

I like your story......so, altho there was an answer to the 'ghost' you tho't was there, you're saying you don't believe in the paranormal?

I do believe there's more to life than just what you see, touch, hear, feel..... and yes, I had had a couple of experiences myself.....it did happen.

3. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Don't believe in ghosts and demons but I believe there is some sort of psychic plane of some sorts people and animals can tap into at times.

4. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Ghosts? I think it's more likely than any of the major religions being right about the afterlife, but I haven't personally seen anything that makes me think they exist. I've just known very rational people who are sure they saw something that was paranormal, so I have a sliver of hope because of that. But really, they were probably just hallucinating in some way.

5. katzgar

katzgar Banned

I just believe in one normal

6. Hummingbird

I'd always had a tendency to believe it can exist and read many stories about people's experiences w/the paranormal. One time I watched a program about the hotels still standing from the Civil War, open to the public and the strange experiences they had - some insisting they saw a Confederate soldier walking down the hallway, other strange, unexplained incidents.

7. Nightmare515

No I don't believe in the paranormal. However...I won't exactly go out looking for ghosts either. It's one of those things that I know may or may not be real and I honestly have no desire to find out. I am perfectly content in my ignorance. No Ouija boards for me, no saying Hail Mary's in the mirror, no visiting Civil War battlefields at night etc. I know that if I ever saw a ghost or something it would screw me up forever and I'd probably revert back to my childhood years and be afraid to turn the lights off from then on out lol.

8. Hummingbird

Lol...funny! No, you wouldn't go looking for ghosts - they find you! lol. And no, it wouldn't screw you up forever - you'd just fully realize that there's more to life than just what you can see, hear, touch........

As I said I had 2 experiences and will explain them as briefly as I can. In the late 90's, in the middle of the night I was sound asleep and suddenly woke up, my head turned a little to the right and found myself looking straight up at an elderly gent standing there staring down at me. I can still see him clearly - bald w/a ring of hair around head, arms folded across chest, neatly dressed w/ pin-striped shirt on - we just stared at each other. I'm in total shock, but for some reason not scared and started slowly inching my way across bed to turn on lamp on left side, not taking my eyes off him. I finally got lamp on and of course, he was gone........and so was my cat who always slept by my feet. Didn't see Moxy again for quite awhile. As I understand it, animals are very in tune to the spirit world..........

I was up for the rest of the night, wondering about what I saw, who he was, why that happened.... and it did happen. I kept seeing him in my mind's eye and wondered why I wasn't scared. I went to work and wanted to talk about it, but figured I'd better not or my co-workers would have me committed. They already tho't I was crazy enuf.....

I couldn't stand it any longer and asked the receptionist if she believed in ghost, apparitions, spirits and CJ said a loud "YES!" Then she told me that one night she woke up & saw her grandpa smiling at her. She went back to sleep. In the am she got a call that he died during the nite. That started the conversation around the office and many of the women talked about strange incidents they had had. We came to the conclusion that he was someone who lived there and passed on and returned..... wondering who I was sleeping in his bedroom?

Some months later, it happened again. Suddenly woke up, sat up and saw this man walking out of my bedroom and into the hallway, wearing only khaki shorts and I recognized his body. When he got to the doorway leading into the LV, he turned and looked at me w/a gentle smile on his face and it was my guy who died several yrs b/f.....

I just sat there staring at the hallway which was an ecru color, but when Tom was in it, it had turned a very soft, hazy reddish color and when he was gone, it slowly turned back to the normal color. I was more surprised at the change of color of hallway than I was seeing Tom.

After that I went on a survey, asking everyone if they believed in spirits, ghosts, angels and heard more 'yes's' than 'no's' and the majority of 'yes's' was from women. I think it's a man thingy to not want to admit they do believe or had an experience..........

And I'll never forget that gentle smile on Tom's face, telling me he was ok and still hanging around........

NO, I'm not certifiably nuts...........lol. It happened.

9. Nightmare515

Yeah I'm pretty sure I would have literally had a heart attack and died if that happened to me LOL

I do remember one time about a decade and a half ago at my house in Colorado. I was going downstairs in the middle of the night to do laundry, I was a night owl back then. I get in the laundry room with my clothes basket in my hand and right as I walk by the dryer the door swings open and smacks me in the leg right on the knee. I paused for a moment and look around wondering what the heck happened. What made it weird was the fact that the dryer door is spring loaded and even when you pop the door open it doesn't swing out that far. It swung open like half way to hit me in the leg. I put my clothes in the washer and went back upstairs confused.

I still remember that moment clear as day and to this day I still can't figure out what exactly made that door swing open and hit me. It never happened again and I kept explaining it to myself that maybe the pressure changed rapidly in the room or something and popped the door open. But even so it wouldn't pop open and swing that far....

I dunno...I made an effort to convince myself it was a faulty latch or something. Like I said I'm deathly afraid of ever seeing a ghost or something so I made it a point to convince myself that it wasn't anything supernatural. It may have been...that house was old but I have no desire to ever find out lol.

10. Hummingbird

Who knows about the dryer door..... it could have a logical answer, then m/b something out of the ordinary. Hard to know........

Speaking about old houses..... about 15 or so yrs ago my son & his g/f, their kids rented a really nice very old house in the next town. I love old houses and that one was nice. My son found out the history of it - built way back in the 20's, IIRC, and way back then was a brothel for quite awhile. My son & SIL would joke about 'm/b the women will come back and haunt us'.......

Anyway, they started experiencing strange things. He said several times he'd be alone, in the basement working and he'd hear footsteps upstairs. Thinking Sara and kids were back, he'd go upstairs and no one was there. Sara told me one time she went upstairs and laid down. She felt a hand lightly brushing her hair off her forehead and she opened her eyes and no one was there. She panicked, ran downstairs and asked my son, the boys if they did that. No one knew what she was talking about and she didn't hear any footsteps running down the stairs......strange things kept happening.

One day my son went to the Radio Shack, bought something, showed his ID to clerk. The clerk stared at his ID, said 'You live in that house? My kid said 'yeah, why?' The clerk said 'I lived in that house and I swear that place is HAUNTED!'....they knew they weren't imagining things and then coming from a stranger, they moved.........

No, if you encountered a ghost, apparition, spirit - you wouldn't have a heart attack - but you'll never forget it and fully realize there's more to life than what we know of it.....

When I had the 1st experience and told my co-workers, one of them said her grandson, 6-7 yr old Jesse, kept telling her about a strange man who'd go into his BR at night - a gentle faced old gent. Kathy and Rhonda, the mom just brushed it off as a child's imagination. One day Kathy had old family pix out and Jesse was looking at them. Got excited and shouted 'there's the man who visits me at nighttime!' Kathy said it was a pix of her grandfather..... Jesse insisted that was the man. Kids don't make that stuff up.......

11. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

* Skeptical Wolverine arrives on scene

Did you or someone else use your finger to draw words on the mirror? If you touch a mirror, write "I hope you have a good day", the water vapor will form around the oils left by your skin on the glass. So the room fills with steam, water adheres to the glass, and it will appears as if it is being written in real time.

12. Nightmare515

Yeah that is literally exactly what happened lol

13. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Meh... IDK. On one hand, I have never seen anything remotely paranormal. On the other, Energy is only transferred never dies...... SO maybe we do exist on some plane or level.

14. Wolverine

Yeeeaaahhhhhh.... all of the paranormal stuff I have run into have rational explanations.

15. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

What a great story! I was thinking as I read it that your girl friend most likely wrote something on the mirror...

16. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

I've seen a "shadow person"..a black human like shape that sorta floated past me and into another room....which turned out to be empty. I'm sure there is a rational explanation but, never did come up with one that worked well.

17. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL, I kind of expected that. Do I believe in Ghosts, the paranormal? I do believe in the unexplained and the unknown. Not in ghosts as in the Ghostbusters or Casper the Friendly Ghost type though. I think there are good and bad spirits around if they classify as ghosts, I wouldn't put them into that category though. Then perhaps some inter-dimensional traveler coming into our dimension could leave one seeing the ghostly figures and feel the creepiness sensation to include temperatures rising and falling.

I think a whole lot of things are possible, it is just the degree of probability I would place on them.

18. Hummingbird

Ok, that's good for you, but there are some of us who have had unexplained experiences - myself, my son, others I've talked to......

19. Wolverine

... everything has a rational explanation.

20. wgabrie

wgabrie Well-Known Member Donor

Well, this is one of those things where it might be fun to watch a movie about it, but it's not any fun when it happens to you in real life.

Thank goodness when things are boring, right? :pumpkin:

21. Hummingbird

You think. There was a time when I tho't the same thing, but now I do believe there's more to life out there than what you see, hear, taste, touch.......

22. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

Do I believe in the paranormal? To an extent, yes.

From a scientific perspective, certain things make sense. When we die, we most likely leave energy behind, like an echo in a canyon. That to me, explains ghosts.

For example, I recently got to play a hockey tournament at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. The Maple Leafs hockey team left the building behind years ago and moved to Air Canada Centre. Maple Leaf Gardens sat empty for over ten years.

In the last few years, Ryerson University and Loblaws grocery stores bought the building and renovated it.

The first floor is Loblaws Grocery store. The second is a gym and full basketball court. The top floor is an ice rink, which is home ice to the Ryerson Rams hockey team. I got to play there this past fall.

I could literally feel the ghosts in that place. But not apparitions or anything. It was just this incredible energy. Me and my teammates kept saying the same things to each other, "Do you feel that? This place is haunted."

It was not a bad feeling, it was actually really good. I got Player of the Game in the first game of the tournament. It was like the ghosts of people who played there before were lifting me up, even though I know that was not the case. They are long gone. But the energy was still there. You could feel it.

I have lots of friends in Toronto and visit frequently. I always take at least one hour to go sit in Maple Leaf Gardens on each visit, even if I'm not playing. I just like to soak up the energy of that place.

So, I guess that is what I would consider paranormal.

23. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

As far as what is Paranormal.

I would not place the existence of E.T. into the Paranormal category as this I know exists thus it is part of Normal Reality.

But then again as far as a Ghost....I have had an experience and before this I never believed Ghosts existed but what I and several others who were part of a work crew ripping down a wall in my home to make a larger downstairs bathroom saw was undeniable.

The guy's FREAKED OUT but as I told them..."It is not the Ghosts you have to worry about....it is the LIVING!!!"

We saw a female from about her knees up in early 1900's dress and this lasted perhaps 6 to 10 seconds as she moved a distance and looked right at us and then just faded away.

I am the biggest skeptic a person could ever meet and I thought long and hard as far as what this was we had all seen.

Perhaps a Universal Bleedover?

But as I said....I cannot deny what I and the others saw....very real....and she seemed aware of us.

I have not seen anything since but I think about it often.

As far as E.T.....well if a person actually believes that in a Universe that has anywhere between 100 to 200 Billion Galaxies and each one having anywhere on average from 150 Billion to 175 Billion Stars and a lot more planets than that...multiplied times 100 to 200 Billion Galaxies.....well the NORMAL thing to think is Human Beings are NOT the only space faring intelligent race in the Universe.

Life exists on Earth and because of NASA, Soviet and Russian and European Landers.....there is now Life on the Moon, Mars, Asteroids and Comet's as we are not capable of getting a Probe or Lander 100% Sterile....so we have deposited Microbial Life on other Planets and Celestial Bodies.

Since Mars at one time had vast Oceans of Water....it is highly likely in the extreme that Mar's had life and perhaps still has indigenous life on it or under the soil.

Those Martian Meteorites found in Antarctica seem to have fossilized microbial life within them as a large asteroid or comet blasted away a huge amount of Martian Rock on impact and some of this rock eventually reached Earth.

The Moon's of Jupiter such as Europa could very well have life as well as other Jupiter moon's.

But NASA has known for quite some time about the reality of E.T.

AboveAlpha

24. Ryriena

Ryriena New Member Past Donor

I do believe in some of the parnormal aspect, I don't believe they are ghost or demons. Do I think a few of us can close portals to another dimension, yes I do think their are people that can close interdimensional portals that can pop up in places like homes. Yes quantum physics...

25. Hummingbird

Interesting what you and the other guys saw. After I had my 2nd experience, who was my deceased b/f, I did a survey, asking dozens of people if they believed in the paranormal. 99% of the women said yes and told me about their experience......very few men admitted to it. I think it's a man thingy..... but my son and his gf knew something was weird about the house they were living in and the clerk at the Radio Shack confirmed it.

I agree about ET. I've asked people if they believe there's life on other planets and many said 'no'..... my reply was 'it would be very arrogant of us to think that in the whole universe that stretches into infinity that we are the only planet that has life on it'.........