Not About Abbott

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by DaS Energy, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

Tony Abbott said the by-election had nothing to do with his hold on the Prime Ministership.

“It’s not about me. “I stress that this is not about me, Mr Abbott said.

Mr Abbott said “I am certainly very hopeful of a Liberal victory.

2. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

'The Liberal candidate for Canning has jumped to the defence of his leader, responding sharply to suggestions a by-election loss could spell the end of Tony Abbott's time as prime minister.' Its not about Abbott its about me.

3. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

Never has a by-election been framed so unambiguously around a prime minister - lose Canning and you're gone. It will be a nervous time and there is no precedent for this.

Forget all this talk of precedents around the critical Canning by-election in Western Australia. There are none.

Never before has a single electorate held the fate of a serving prime minister in its hands.

4. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

"Mr Abbott was asked a number of questions about whether the poll would have a bearing on his future, (I am the leader of the Liberals you should vote for and I don't have the mental capacity to think for myself as I am brain dead and good only for deceit!) before Mr Hastie stepped in to respond on the Prime Minister's behalf"

"Mr Abbott thanked his candidate for speaking up" (Wonder if Hastie knows he's Abbotts candidate?)

"I am very happy to have this particular candidate chime in, I really am," Mr Abbott said.

5. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

Tony Abbott said "Who do you trust to fight for your interests and not to be the cat's paw ( 1.a person who is used by another, typically to carry out an unpleasant task.) of anyone else,. Mr Hastie is proving himself to be Abbotts cats paw and not anyone else!