Russian jets in Syrian skies

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Destroyer of illusions, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Destroyer of illusions

Destroyer of illusions Banned

[​IMG]

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4696268,00.html

If this is true, then the situation in the region could change. However, I would not be surprised to it. The last time all monarchies in the region very often was a guest in Moscow. Gulf countries have a lot of money, but they are weak to confront large countries. Therefore, they need have a patron. And I think - they have made their choice.

What do you think about it?

[​IMG]

2. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

3. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

looks like 20mm and 40mm guns? [video=youtube;ucQ32INMT14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQ32INMT14[/video]

4. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Russians denied they have jets in Syria... but then again they always deny things. A few weeks ago the Russian Secret Service entered Latakia, which is Assad's home base. It was probably after Erdogan announced his plans on making it a no fly zone. A top ISIS leaders was killed there...probably by the Russians.

Russia doesn't fool around when its security is at stake...and ISIS is a real threat to them not only in Syria, but in the Caucasus as well as in Central Asia. They are also a major threat to Europe now since counterfeiters in Turkey are forging Syrian passports so they can enter as refugees.

5. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

If we the U.S. do not take ISIS seriously, it seems the Russians will. More power to them.

If Obama and company had done their job, there would have been no need for this. Assad is not what I would call a real good guy, but he is 100 times better than a Syria ruled by ISIS.

6. Jeannette

There is no way Russia is going to get embroiled in a war, something Washington has been craving for. The article seems like a demonize Russia spin to me, together with a lot of wishful thinking on the part of Washington. Neither the troops nor the equipment look like the latest Russian equipment...maybe some older ones. They are probably Syrian troops or Al Qud Iranian ones. Anyway their physical proportions and faces do not look Russian.

From what I've noticed, Putin prefers clandestine acts rather than killing a lot of innocent people, so the Russian secret service will find and kill as many ISIS leaders as they can...and probably the Turks working with them as well.

7. Destroyer of illusions

Destroyer of illusions Banned

Thank you for your feedback.

8. Jeannette

What Washington says about ISIS is for domestic consumption. They are only concerned about Assad because of his affiliation with Russia. He dared to refuse a gas pipeline to pass through Syria to hurt Russia.

9. Jeannette

Everything one reads has to be taken in the context of who is writing it, and what they want. Israel's plan, and the plan that was given to Washington by the Brookings Institute is to break Syria into small pieces consisting of different faiths and ethnicities which will be antagonistic to one another...forever.

Russia believes everyone can live together peacefully the way they did before the US began supporting the terrorists in Syria, and is combatting this by holding meetings with the Syrian opposition together with Iran, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Russia insists on holding Syria together undr Assad at least until a new constitution can be formed where the rights of everyone will be respected so that all the Syrians can go back to their own homes.

In order for the Russian peace plan to succeed, Assad must be kept in a position of strength...and yet Russia must do it without alienating the opposition.

10. notme

notme Well-Known Member

It doesn't say, but lets assume that the Russians have been invited by the government of Syria to fly there.
    Other jet fighters of say the US have, as far as I know, no permission to fly there by the Syrian government.

And what would the US do when some foreign jet fighter enters it's airspace without permission?
    It will be shot down out of self defense and nobody can go complain about it.

So I'm guessing when the Russians feel like it,... I doubt they go shoot down airplanes of the US over Syria.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberate fly extreme close to American planes and drive them off for the heck of it.
    And there is nothing the US can do about it, since they are there illegally.

11. Ivan88

Ivan88 Well-Known Member

"... President Putin has “modified” his order yesterday permitting the Federation to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/ISIS) forces in the Levant War Zone (Eastern Mediterranean) after the Obama regime late last night ordered an “unexpected and highly provocative” massive nuclear war drill all along the eastern coastal areas of the United States to last until 1 October.

According to this report, and as we had, likewise, reported on yesterday, President Putin had authorized the targeting of “American Interests” in this war zone after newly released secret documents in the US proved that ISIL/ISIS forces were created by the Obama regime in order to topple the current Syrian government.

In today’s order however, this report continues, President Putin has put these war actions on hold and further authorized Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov to state publically that as of now no Federation combat aircraft will be conducting missions in this region.

Prompting this “turn-around” of orders, this report explains, was the sudden, and without notice, activation of the United States Prompt Global Strike (PGS) programme that is believed can deliver a precision-guided conventional weapon airstrike anywhere in the world within one hour and is said could also be useful during a nuclear conflict.
    http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1909.htm

12. perotista

You're welcome. I never understood if ISIS is such a threat as we are being lead to believe, why we are just playing footsie with them?

13. perotista

I never understood the reasons for taking Khadafy and trying to take out Assad. Both countries, Libya was fairly stable under Khadafy and so too was Syria. Now Washington has opened up a can of worms that Washington doesn't have an idea of how to handle. Washington doesn't even know which side to take.

14. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Certainly the US takes a disliking to certain national leaders based more on American economic interests abroad than on how they actually govern. That much is painfully obvious, and many Americans will actually support that sort of thing if you ask them about it. That's got to be tough for the more moral Americans, and I think they just tend to wave their flags and either ignore what's happening or buy into a narrative that these targeted national leaders really deserve hatred and military aggression on our part. Press them about our wonderful Saudi allies and they will admit that they are no better, at least, than those being targeted, but again they'll support allying with them for economic reasons. I guess they're willing to place economic interests before morality, same as our leaders.

15. Durandal

Are they even interested in taking a side? Maybe our wonderful leaders just wanted to create chaos in order to avoid foreign alliances interfering with their interests. Whether things are going according to plan now in the aftermath may be another matter, however.

16. DonRumataEstorsky

DonRumataEstorsky Banned

US created the chaos to attack Iran, and then destabilize the Caucasus. American terrorists created Taliban, al Qaeda and the Islamic State. Russia came to Syria to protect. USA comes to rob and kill.

In Libya and Syria has been a fairly high standard of living. Libya was a colony. NATO robbers decided to rob this country again. The Oil! Terrorists of US started the war in Syria because it allows lay a gas pipeline or a oil pipeline from Iraq. US motives are always the same. To rob and to kill the weak.

17. notme

notme Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like thing are going to their plans at all. Millions of people are fleeing towards Europe, while the getting cheap Iraqi resources is just totally off the table due to ISIS and the chaos there.

18. perotista

What foreign alliances? Trying to keep Iraq from becoming closer to Iran, that has failed big time. Assad becoming closer to Russia and Iran, another failure. Khadafy was actually trying to come closer to the U.S. when we decided to help France take him out. Khadafy hadn't taken part in a single terrorist act since Reagan bombed him. Nothing going on over there makes any sense to me.

19. perotista

Sorry, I can't buy the U.S. creating the Taliban, AQ and ISIS. The Taliban had given safe Haven to UBL and Chief Omar refused to had him over. Now the U.S. fought a very intelligent war at the beginning over there. Our air power and the 14 tribe Northern alliance doing the fighting on the ground with just a few of our SF and Paramilitary. Very successful in driving out the Taliban.

Then we had to go into this stupid nation building thing, Nation Building is just another word of forcing democracy upon a people that really didn't want it. All the Afghan's want was tribal rule and for the tribes to go back to their own homelands and be ruled over by their tribal elders and shaman's or whatever. The Taliban was trying to force the other tribes to accept their rule, 18 tribes being ruled by one. We basically did the same thing as it is now one tribal leader ruling over the other 18 tribes.

There are tons of propaganda on both sides. Plenty of dirty hands on both sides. I know I seen it and took part in it a very long time ago in another part of the world. Back then the USSR and the U.S. used proxies. Perhaps both still do so and both still having their secret wars.

20. Jeannette

Ivan, the site you are quoting from is not accurate, nor has ever been accurate...so I would pay no attention to anything they write. Putin only has advisers and secret service men in Syria to help them out. When Strelkov was begging for help from Russia, he received nothing and was forced to leave Slaviansk...but surprisingly, they managed to knock out an army unit and ended up with all the tanks and arms they needed. Russia helps in mysterious ways.

21. Durandal

We failed to take out Assad as desired.. I think Putin absolutely fouled up US plans in Syria and we've been struggling to keep up with events there ever since. Syria is still a mess now, and the US is still contributing to that, but we weren't able to eliminate Assad the way Gaddafi and Hussein were eliminated.

I don't understand our policies in Libya either, though, to be honest. I'm only offering some conjecture. Probably it was meant to turn out better than it did, with a relatively stable, pro-western government like in Afghanistan. Perhaps it's still on the way to that end, too. Long-term, this looks like an effort to more or less westernise the Middle East and disrupt any other alliances that might have formed, say with Russia and China. Again, just speculating.

22. Durandal

It is interesting, this drive to centralise power in Afghanistan into a national government like our own. It's a bit ironic, if I'm not misusing the term, given how our own nation started out with a great deal of state autonomy and very little federal control. We have since evolved into the sort of nation we try to force others to become.

23. Ivan88

Ivan88 Well-Known Member

Well, at least you admit that the US is trying to destroy Syria. But, I can't imagine how confused one can be to even suspect that the US had good intentions in destroying Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine, Yugoslavia, Somalia, Sudan, Rhwanda, and other African nations.

Furthermore, the US had absolutely no intention to "Westernize" Afghanistan, (turned the place into an opium plantation), turned Libya over to a pack of Talmudic Muslim crazies that are ravaging Africa, or that handing over pro-Western Syria to a pack of crazed Talmudized Islamic killers is enhancing so called Western Values, which appear, more and more, every day, to be non-values such as lies, high taxes, oppression, wars, prisons, terrorism, treachery, and human sacrifice.

24. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

If Russia is attacking ISIS, I'm all for it. There is no doubt they (ISIS) are the most immediate threat to civilized society. I'll be the first to shake their hand for a successful shack on the target.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"....oddly enough an Arab proverb, but applicable in this case.

25. perotista

In Syria I think we are left with a choice, either ISIS or Assad will end up ruling that country. So we, the U.S. need to make a choice which one we want. I know my choice and it is not ISIS.

I personally do not think Afghanistan is very stable. You still have different tribes that want to rule their own tribe in their own section of Afghanistan. Not by a single person sitting in Kabul.