Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke Endorses Trump for President

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Shiva_TD, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

http://www.theroot.com/articles/new..._david_duke_endorses_trump_for_president.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-gop-really-is-becoming-the-racist-party.html

These racists, Neo-Nazis, and White Supremacists are supporting Donald Trump for one reason and one reason alone. Donald Trump is advocating Racists, Neo-Nazi, and White Supremacist policies that they endorse.

While I know that many Republicans that support Donald Trump don't believe in racism or white supremacy but my dad had an old saying.

"You can judge a person by the company they keep."

>>>RULE 3<<<

2. OSO

OSO New Member

Ok... That's low... I don't support Trump, though I find it highly suspect of an article that puts his name together with racists. Also, the company you keep remark is intended for someone's friends not some idiot next to them. Trump is a business man not a politician, there is no room for PC in business. The KKK should keep their opinions to themselves.

3. kreo

kreo Well-Known Member

People of European descent are oppressed since they have less rights than African Americans and Latinos.
    Also black people advocate to kill people that has nothing to do with racism or supremacy policies.
    We have to organize and protect ourselves, there is no other way out of it.

>>>RULE 2<<<

4. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

Turmp is not a racist. He is an avid opponent of immigration by Mexicans and has made American jingoism his primary campaign strategy. It is no surprise that racists, who share the same goal with respect to Mexicans, and like his fear-mongering tactics, will endorse him.

Two one- way streets of traffic merging onto the same bridge. Hard to tell which cars came from which street by the time they all get across.

5. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

no candidate decides who supports them.... if republicans elected a black President the racists would become democrats and visa vera

6. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

That is true because Donald Trump is a White Supremacist and White Supremacy is racism!!! Whenever someone opposes someone else based upon "race, religion, ethnic heritage or other invidious criteria" it all falls under the general category of RACISM and that person is a RACIST.

7. Independant thinker

Independant thinker Banned

He really hasn't said anything racist. Immigration is a serious issue. I'm torn because I don't like to see any group vilified but also I'm concerned about free speech. People should be able to discuss immigration without being labeled, racist.

8. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

David Duke is an interesting character. He ran for president in the Democratic primaries of 1988 and in the Republican primaries of 1992. Duke ran as a Democrat for the Louisiana state senate in 1975 and again in 1979. For the Louisiana state house as a Republican in 1989 and in 1990 for the U.S. Senate. Duke was also a Populist Party candidate for president. Seems Duke was just out for Duke much like Trump is out for Trump.

9. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

The Communist Party has endorsed every Democratic presidential nominee since Michael Dukakis.

10. supaskip

supaskip Well-Known Member

In politics, the company you keep can be a whole range of things. A percentage of any republican support will be racists, but I highly doubt it would be a high percentage, nor the majority.
    Your dad's phrase doesn't apply to supporters at a rally, but might be more apt to Trumps' presidential team.

11. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

And people should be able to discuss racism without being vilified as delusional or disingenous. America's immigration policies, adopted in 1924 and still in force today with modifications, were lauded as a fine example of exactly what all nations should do, by Adolf Hitler in Mein Kampf. Racism/Ethnicism remains very much a reality in America and Trump should own it if he agrees with it.

12. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you have any evidence that Trump has ever met or spoken to Duke? Has Trump said anything to accept or positively acknowledge Duke's endorsement? Don't get me wrong, I'm no Trump supporter. I just think this OP is a bit of a partisan stretch.

13. Independant thinker

Yes, but is racism synonymous with anti immigration?

14. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Source.

15. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

based on that point of view, how should we view our current president who was endorsed by former terrorist, and a racist preacher?

16. Lee S

Lee S Moderator Staff Member Past Donor

Known racists, the Reverend Jerimiah Wright, Al Sharpton, and the Reverend (but lets not get that in the way of fathering out-of-wedlock children) Jesse Jackson all supported Barack Obama. Am I to surmise, based upon the OPs logical construction that the Democratic Party is a party of racists? Not all of them, but as the OP points out, You are known by who you choose to associate with.

17. Aleksander Ulyanov

Not necessarily no, not unless the bases is racist. (And it's anti-ILLEGAL immigration in your case, yes?) All I'm saying is that racism is real. I've seen people on this board saying that others have accused them of racism when they hadn't, just so they could be accused of "playing the race card"

18. Independant thinker

True. I remember in mien kamph he says America is half Judaised and half Negrofied.

Of course he meant this as a negative thing. I can sympathize with him about the Judaised bit...

19. Independant thinker

My case?

20. Aleksander Ulyanov

Don't really like guilt by association when it's pulled on you, do ya?

21. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Since the Democrat's have endorsed the "Black Lives Matter" movement that has advocated killing police officers and whites, the next time anyone goes to a Democrat rally, they might be standing shoulder to shoulder next to a cop killer or a black racist who is just waiting to cold (*)(*)(*)(*) a white or executing a cop from behind.

22. Aleksander Ulyanov

In the case of your last posting here.

23. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have, in the past, given you reputation points, and clicked 'like' on your posts. I was, until now, unaware that my doing so has caused you to be in full agreement with everything I have ever posted. Great to know, and thanks!

24. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

You are not going to be here long if you cannot comply with the TOS.

25. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Who cares ? I'm a brown guy leaning towards Trump. Idiotic thread is idiotic.