The European / Syrian Refugee crisis

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Molly David, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Molly David

Molly David New Member

Since we in the US, under the Bush regime, are responsible for the cration of ISIS and consequentially this Refugee crisis. Why isn' USA taking a leading role to help solve this problem, rather than leaving it up to others?

2. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

But Europeans love Islamic immigrants from the Middle East. They've been allowing them to flood in for decades. We wouldn't want to deprive them of all that wonderful diversity.

3. Molly David

Molly David New Member

I think the issue is not about Religion but resources. Europe doesn't have the resources to take on all these people. Why isN't US taking some of this load, after creating the mess in the first place.

4. Brewskier

We have a lot of Hispanic anchor babies to pay for. Priorities, Molly!

5. Molly David

Molly David New Member

I agree, but that misses the point. US is not taking any responsibility for having created the mess that the people of the Middle East are left with.

6. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Last thing the US needs is more imported mouths to feed.

7. Brewskier

What if they vote Democrat, though? That's gotta be worth a few more hundred billion in debt.

8. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

Liberalism is a failure, lack of sovereign borders will destroy Europe from within. Europe is a failed concept.

9. RichT2705

Scary that that IS the mindset of some.

10. cupid dave

cupid dave Well-Known Member

Immigration is one of the last signs before a collapse of an empire or dominant government:

The seven stages of the rise and fall of great nations seem to be:

1) The Age of Pioneers (outburst)
    2) The Age of Conquests
    3) The Age of Commerce
    4) The Age of Affluence
    5) The Age of Intellect
    6) The Age of Decadence.
    7) The Age of Revolts or invasion.

Decadence is marked by: I] Defensiveness, II] Pessimism, III] Materialism, IV] Frivolity, V] An influx of foreigners, VI] The Welfare State, VII] A weakening of religion.

http://www.newworldeconomics.com/archives/2014/092814_files/TheFateofEmpiresbySirJohnGlubb.pdf

11. Right is the way

Right is the way Well-Known Member

It seems to me Bush had a multi nation caolition who all agreed with him using their own intel. Nice try but that does not fly. Dems just can not get over blame Bush.

12. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

The US didn't invade Syria. We didn't start this fire.

13. Molly David

Molly David New Member

The
    Am I supposed to read something into this. It coud easily apply to US
    particularly with the last two.

14. cupid dave

According to the study this guy did, it does apply to every empire or dominant government, and to us, too.
    He claims that every power has suddenly awoken to a great leap forward, then collapsed/destroyed in about 10 generation, or 250 years on average.
    The Revelation seems to be saying the same thing as it speaks about a seven headed beast which has ten horns of the last head, each a kingdom that follows one after the next.

I see this as comparing to the sociology reported and as if Revelation was trying to say the same thing to each of the last fallen powers since Rome fell.

15. Molly David

Molly David New Member

Isnt that like saying, i didn't knock the first domino down, when everyone knows you did, then they all fell down. It just avoids taking any blame. US started the Iraq War which began all this turmoil.

16. cupid dave

Why would America want a million more Muslims right now, when the FBI says they are having difficulty watching the growing number of bad apples here already??

17. Molly David

Molly David New Member

Very interesting, i have regrettably thought that about the US system for some time now. It does seem to be following a pattren developed by previous Empires.

18. cupid dave

The Plan seems to be that Shiite will kill Sunni and visa versa, while they both say Death to America and Israel.

While these muslims struggle in competition with eachother, trying hard to replace the fallen Ottoman Empire, they tells us when they win we're next.

19. cupid dave

The link I gave you is six page report which is very interesting.
    It sounds so much like America its hard to believe this author was born in 1890.

His report on muslims of Bagdad and of the Ottoman Empire was really informative.
    We hear so much about how repressive they are supposed to be, but he tells us that the last generation before the Islamic Caliphate fell down was just like America today.

The historians commented bitterly on the extraordinary influence acquired by popular singers over young people, resulting in a decline in sexual morality.
    The ‘pop’ singers of Baghdad accompanied their erotic songs on the lute, an instrument resembling the modern guitar. In the second half of the tenth century, as a result, much obscene sexual language came increasingly into use, such as would not have been tolerated in an earlier age. Several khalifs issued orders banning ‘pop’ singers from the capital, but within a few years they always returned. An increase in the influence of women in public life has often been associated with national decline.

The later Romans complained that, although Rome ruled the world, women ruled Rome.

20. RichT2705

America doesn't , its the few in power you have to worry about. I think America at large is fed up with the way things are including watering us down with the worlds downtrodden. just look at how popular a guy like Trump is right now as a rebuke of the status quo.

21. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Well I believe that the US has some obligation to Iraq, although not just to take endless refugees. Syria is a different matter. Their uprising began with the Arab Spring, which the US didn't start. So no, the US has no obligation to Syrian refugees. I would think the first line of responsibility is the 70 plus Muslim countries. Why ship Syrians to the other side of the globe to a totally alien culture? Saudi Arabia has the money and room to set up refugee camps. That makes more sense both logistically and culturally than sending them to the US.

22. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Bush created ISIS, but the Obama administration helped them destabilize Syria, so there is little chance that the US government will help the very people whose lives they destroyed.

23. Ethereal

No, they only funneled arms, money, and personnel into Syria in order to overthrow the secular government that protected Christians and women.

The US government is absolutely responsible. They did this purposely.

24. Ethereal

So the US government hasn't been providing aid to so-called "moderate" rebels in Syria for years? They haven't been demonizing the Assad government? Their Saudi and Qatari allies haven't been funneling arms, money, training, and personnel into Syria? I guess I must have imagined all those things.

25. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

UN experts deplore Syrian killing fields...
    :steamed:
    Rights Experts Call for End to Syrian Killing Fields
    September 03, 2015 — U.N. experts warn that Syria’s four-year-old war has spilled far beyond its borders and the world cannot ignore the plight of millions of refugees seeking asylum from the conflict.