New York cops brutalize and falsely arrest tennis player James Blake

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Denizen, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Denizen

Denizen Well-Known Member

This is a disgrace and exemplifies the racist state of mind of New York police. Five police descended on Blake and threw him to the ground causing injury.

Police refused to listen to Blake's protestation of innocence.

New crime has been created. Black in proximity of police who have nothing better to do than brutalize the public.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/tennis/...york-city-police-commissioner-william-bratton

2. straight ahead

straight ahead Well-Known Member

So commie de Blasio resigns, right?

3. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

They tried to recall Ferguson's mayor.

4. Irishman

Irishman Well-Known Member Past Donor

If he was pointed out then the arrest was made in good faith. I don't think he would have any chance in court. If he had never been pointed out and was just grabbed than it would be a different story.

5. Denizen

Thanks for confirming the dumb cops made a false arrest. Couriers involved in crimes have an interest in just pointing anybody out as a suspect, especially a black guy knowing that police will go hyper brutal on a black.

I was in Canada in 1990 when an innocent black motorist was shot dead by Canadian police on the grounds that he looked like a wanted criminal. The pictures in the newspaper demonstrated there was no similarity of appearance other than the dead guy was black, like the wanted criminal.

New York police are racist, brutal and abusive toward black people.

6. Irishman

Well, because he was pointed out that means the arrest or detention was in good faith. Usually an arrest made in good faith means no lawsuit.

7. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Really? You think police not in uniform and not wearing badge can just surprise body slam someone down to pavement with no warrant claiming someone said the person was part of a theft ring? Under your theory police can surprise thrown anyone to the ground - and the beat or shoot the person to death if they resist too, right?

Do you think he or a bystander - if licensed to carry a weapon - could have gunned down those officers believing they were assailants having no badges, no uniforms on and not announcing they were police?

8. Denizen

Not an arrest with brutality and without consideration of the victim's identity and protests of innocence. New York cops are racist and brutal towards black people.

9. Le Chef

Le Chef Banned at members request Donor

You're generalizing about "New York cops" and it's far more unfair than what appears to have been an honest mistake by a handful of cops investigating an ongoing felony.

10. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

And yet de blasio allows it to happen. Your beef is with him.

11. Irishman

Plain clothes officers do wear shields. Usually around the neck or on their vests if they are wearing an exterior vest. I hate to break it to you but this happens often. If you get waved down by someone who claims they were just robbed and points to someone running down the street police have every right to detain him until a thorough investigation is conducted. If said person decides they do not want to be taken in then they are resisting arrest.

I can assure you, they are not, that is ridiculous.

12. straight ahead

straight ahead Well-Known Member

Blacks and hispanics commit virtually all of the street crime in New York.

But you of course have no problem with that.

13. Arleigh

Arleigh Well-Known Member

Blake retired a few years ago from the pro-tour. He is not playing in the US Open.

14. Denizen

That doesn't justify wrongful arrest and brutality towards James Blake, or to any other black person.

- - - Updated - - -

Your assurance is not credible in the face of evidence contrary to your assurance.

- - - Updated - - -

The blame lies with the managers of the police force. If you put racist rednecks in charge of police, brutality towards blacks will be the consequence.

15. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I guess the motto is just say you are innocent and the cops should let you go ( if you are black). If they dont they are racist.. Did i get that right OP?

16. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

Good God Almighty, that is one dumb-ass cop.

17. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Well-Known Member Past Donor

They're democrats like the mayor and police commissioner.

18. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

Brutalized?

19. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

So that gives police a right to attack and arrest innocent people? Really?

20. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

We need the Federal Government to take over policing. We need to fire all the NYPD officers.

Centralized Government Authoritarianism... it's what's for breakfast! In Liberal land.

21. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

Oh I don't know. They could try just a bit harder to make sure they got the right person. Just a suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

MOD EDIT - Rule 3

22. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

the motto is, don't escalate a situation that doesn't need to be escalated..... this cop escalated a situation that did not need to be escalated

- - - Updated - - -

excessive force is the issue here, not the wrongful arrest itself

- - - Updated - - -

excessive force is the issue here, not the wrongful arrest itself

23. smallblue

smallblue Well-Known Member

I think it has more to do with how the arrest went down. This was for CC fraud, yet 5 officers tackled a person standing still from behind. . .and the wrong person at that.

There was no "Sir step over here". It was an immediate highly physical take down. The had RS to detain him certainly. But the initial encounter is what is really being question and why it was done the way it was done.

24. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

arrests over mis-identification happens... I understand, if my dopple-ganger has a wanted poster up at the local walmart for shoplifting, and I walk in there, and cops are called to pick me up.... I don't flip my shi'ite and start resisting arrest..... It will eventually come out that I'm not the person they want....

arresting the wrong person is not illegal.... and I can't complain I get choke slammed to the ground or worse, if I'm fighting the cops. The moment I start fighting the cops, I have now escalated the situation from a misunderstanding, to a potential deadly situation. And my innocence from the initial crowd does not affect anything.

25. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

NYPD cop who tackled James Blake covered up arrest

Source: NY Daily News

The unapologetic cop who body-slammed tennis great James Blake outside a Midtown hotel without identifying himself as an officer allegedly tried to cover up the bogus arrest.

Officer James Frascatore failed to inform his superiors that he threw Blake to the sidewalk and cuffed him in the mistaken belief that he was a wanted credit card thief, police said Thursday.

It took Blake coming forward to the Daily News with accusations of being manhandled by a plainclothes cop outside the Grand Hyatt Hotel to put the incident on the NYPD’s radar.

Frascatore, a four-year NYPD veteran who in the past has been accused of using excessive force and failing to identify himself as a cop, was placed on desk duty and had his gun and badge yanked after detectives viewed the surveillance video from the hotel.

Read more: http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...led-tennis-star-james-blake-article-1.2354973

Where are the forum right wingers to demand that EVERYONE exercise their 2d Amendment rights against this type of government abuse???