POLL: Best way to support the Syrians against Russia and Assad

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by rangecontraction, Sep 19, 2015.

1. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

Our enemies Russia and Iran are helping the genocidal maniac Assad to massacre the Syrians.

We need to up the ante and supply surface to air missiles to the Syrian freedom fighters, so that they can shoot down Russian and Syrian fighters planes. We should coordinate our efforts with Saudi Arabia and Turkey, both of whom are heroic Muslim nations and allies.

We also need to help the Ukrainians to kill the Russians occupying Ukraine, and should give Ukraine tanks, fighter planes.

On Iran, which is working with Russia to help Assad commit a genocide, we need to increase weapons supplies to both Israel and Saudi Arabia, which Iran wants to destroy.

2. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

The "Syrian Freedom Fighters" are ISIS, are they not?

Ukraine has been a part of Russia since longer than the US has existed. How would we feel if Putin was sending weaponry to our Montana Militias or Texas Secessionists? Nevertheless, if the vast majority there want to be free, they should. The problem as I understand it is that the vast majority don't care about either side and just want the killing to stop. We should not interfere in another nation's internal affairs, especially if most of the people there don't want us to.

Is there NO way you can figure for us to accomplish our foreign affairs goals but by constant, unending war? As powerful and rich as we may be no nation can sustain constant wars of even a small size for any length of time in the modern world, they are just too expensive and our resources are not infinite. Besides, they leave a legacy of hate that can come back to haunt us, and this is no matter whether we were in the "right" or not.

3. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nope....we "Need" to stay away from the nightmare rather than walk into it. Let Russia spend men and money to make enemies this time, If we want to hurt them.....let them be the idiots this time.

4. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

Who are the Syrian freedom fighters? ISIS, AQ, other terrorist groups. You sure you want to hand over those weapons to them? According to the NYT there is exactly 5 so called freedom fighters left that we trained. Then too which would be better or at least the least worst ruler of Syria, Assad or ISIS and their other terrorist allies? If one is a realist, that is our stark choice.

5. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am not worried about hate. But you are right about the Ukraine. We had the same problem in Vietnam, a people that didn't care who won as long as the war ended. And yes, the Syrian Freedom fighters are ISIS, AQ and other off shoot terrorist organizations. With the U.S. (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) footing around in both Syria and Iraq, not taking ISIS serious we are looking at an Islamic Caliphate that includes all of Syria and half of Iraq. I think you can bet if ISIS is able to defeat Assad, ISIS will turn their attention to Lebanon next to expand their territory and then what?

Russia seems willing to help Assad do something about ISIS, let the U.S. pull out and let the Russians handle it. We, the U.S. do not have the foggiest idea of what the heck we are doing.

6. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

the so-called "Syrian Freedom Fighters", are ISIS, Al Qaeda, and their allies

you want to support them???????????

7. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

Thank you for your reply. I empathise with your interpretation of the situation, even though I disagree. Nevertheless, I welcome all contributions on this thread, irrespective of the level of agreement.

Let me be clear: we need to support non-ISIS, non-Al-Quaedan rebels who are fighting for life, liberty and freedom.

Once we have removed Assad, the new leadership will come from liberty loving Syrians who we supported. Russia will be forced to leave the Syrian naval base it is currently occupying due to the tyrant Assad's compliance.

A Syria free of Assad and his Russian and Iranian puppet masters is what we need. The new leadership will be acceptable to the USA, Israel and the Sunni Arabs