what is you fav weapon?

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by hkisdog, Sep 23, 2015.

1. hkisdog

hkisdog Banned

what is you fav weapon?

for me, armed helicopter.

2. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Guns. I own one.

Tanks are a anthor favorite of mine but they cost too much, get terrible gas mileage and won't fit in my garage.

3. Korozif

Korozif Banned

A pen and a phone :roflol:

4. CRUE CAB

CRUE CAB New Member

If I had to live in any other time. Broad sword.
    Current times.
    Glock 19.

5. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

12 gauge shotgun

6. RedDirtWalker

RedDirtWalker Well-Known Member

Easy.....A-10 Warthog

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE[/video]

7. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

[​IMG]
    Powerpoint, defending democracy one slide at a time.

"You can't speak with the U.S. military without knowing PowerPoint."

8. egotripp

egotripp Banned

My mind, and after that my hands and feet. Everything else is simply and extension of those.

9. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hey, my tank fits in my garage.

- - - Updated - - -

The multi purpose weapon that does it all.

10. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

My M-4gery. I was opposed to AR's for most of my life, because of the gas system. I didn't think I'd like a 16" barrel, because I felt that my 16" T/C Contender gave up too much performance to the 26" barrel on my varmint rifle of the time.
    These days though, the little carbine is handy, accurate and has good range.
    Note to Apacherat: Sorry, but no shotgun "does it all".

11. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Agree. And true shotguns are only a short range weapon. That said there is a lot to be said for a good sharp blade.

12. Independant thinker

Independant thinker Banned

[​IMG]

13. Regular Joe

There's a place where I go on BLM land that I picked out several years ago. It has good ranges at 50, 100 and 200 yards. I've taken every gun I own to that place, over the years. For some time, I was trying hard to like a Rem. 870 black shotgun, with the big magazine. No matter what I did, it was just aggravating! It had a recoil absorbing stock, so I was keeping this crazy hot Winchester load in it, with 18 balls of 00 buck and a 4 dram equiv. About the same recoil as the .460 Weatherby. Really; around 80 ft./lbs.
    A very good load is supposedly a 3" Mag. dose of #4 buck, with 41 pellets. Those are .22 cal. Out to maybe 30 yards, the #4 or the 00 would be great, but beyond that, I could dump more "pellets" more accurately with any of my Ruger 10/.22's, out to more like 80 yards. I mean actually hitting the target with the bullets.
    Behind the M-4gery, this has come to be my next favorite:
    [​IMG]
    For walking around, this little guy is not to be trifled with. As for a knife, maybe for you.

14. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

Any good well balanced Throwing Knife.

I travel often and the various USAF Aircraft that get's me where I need to go has no issue with my carrying various knives.

But when I fly Commercial I used to always have a small folding knife on me as I even have a small folding knife that is attached to my key chain.....but nowadays a person is not allowed to bring such a thing on board a Commercial Aircraft.

I understand why of course but a small knife comes in handy and I tend to use one almost every day for one purpose or another.

And when it hit's the fan I can easily have a knife in my hand faster than anyone can turn a rifle barrel near to me.

AboveAlpha

15. Regular Joe

Someone must be using AA's computer. There are no excessive uses of caps here. It can't be him.
    How far can you throw a knife? I've read discussions about close quarters fighting, and they seem to agree that within the range of most conflicts, a guy with a knife can be more effective than a guy with a gun, if the knife guy is aggressive and determined. Get away from me with that thing!

16. Strasser

Strasser Banned

I never get in fights, so I don't know if I have a favorite. I own an old .38 revolver and a shotgun, but have never needed them around here. I take them out and clean them, replace the old shells and bullets with new ones and go out back and shoot them every few years or so. The .38 and its holster occasionally make a good paperweight in the summer when I have to use the fan over my desk, though, so I guess that's my favorite. Outside the States I just hired guides. wouldn't have done me any good to carry anything anyway; it just draws a lot of unwanted attention, and most such encounters would have been at short ranges, 10-15 feet or less, running at them would be the best option anyway. Like Jimmy Hoffa once said, you ain't going to outrun bullets, so your best chance is charging them.

17. AboveAlpha

LOL!!!

It's true.

If a person is good...and by good I mean that they have been working and training with many types of knives just about their whole life....such a person can react quicker than a man can turn their rifle barrel at them.

I started throwing a set of my Dad's throwing knives when I was about 3. My Mom was into it as well and my Dad set up a few targets some on a few very thick Oak Trees....about 300 years old....and he set up some smaller targets on a few thin Yellow Pines when I got a little older in my back yard.

As a kid I could do all sorts of tricks with knives and I learned...much to my dismay....that some of my friends parents were not so cool about a kid being able to throw a knife accurately and at a distance of 15 feet through a beer can that I set up on a screw that was sticking out half way up one metal pole of a neighbors laundry hanging and drying lines.

After that I was persona non-grata!

AboveAlpha

18. AboveAlpha

Joe....you reminded me about something I have not thought about in a very long time. I don't know if you used to do this but as I grew up in a rural town where everyone would hunt and fish as a kid I and some of the other guy's in the neighborhood used to play....Chicken....using knives.

Two guy's would stand about 4 to 5 feet away from each other and each guy would stand there with his legs far apart and we would take turns throwing a knife as close to the center point between a guy's feet.

Wherever the knife stuck in the ground a guy would have to move his closest foot to the knife and then it was his turn to throw.

Eventually a guy's feet would only be inches apart so as we would throw hard a guy would either allow the other guy to throw or have to say....Chicken and opt out.

The thing was as I was so good at this I usually ended up saying Chicken first because I couldn't trust my buddies to throw as accurately as I did!

AboveAlpha

19. AboveAlpha

Well a person who does not practice shooting moving targets with a handgun very well could miss a person attempting to evade being shot even at 15 feet.

It really depends upon how much force a person has use to pull a trigger as I have shot some revolvers that if the shooter has not already cocked the hammer back....it takes a good amount of finger pulling force to pull a trigger on some handguns as your finger is not only pulling back the hammer but as well is also using his finger pulling force to turn the revolving carriage that moves to place the next round in position to be fired.

Semi-Automatic handguns can have their trigger tension set to make a shooter pull the trigger with close to revolver trigger pulling force...or they could be set to be a Hair Trigger.

Personally I prefer a handgun to have medium trigger tension as too little trigger tension can result in mistakes.

So a person without practice could easily miss a moving human target especially firing a revolver with a high tension trigger.

AboveAlpha

20. Strasser

Strasser Banned

A friend had a set of throwing knives. They were fun. We liked throwing hand axes and hatchets better though; if the blade missed they would still stun a target. Throwing ball peen hammers well is a good skill too, and they're legal everywhere, even bars.

21. AboveAlpha

I am well trained with throwing knives and just about anything as well I used to Fence and a few years back I got sucked into going to one of those Renascence Fairs with a girlfriend.

They had all sorts of knife throwing and hatchet throwing and bow and arrow games so I enjoyed doing that as I am not really big on people talking to me in 1159 AD speech! LOL!!

But they had this one game where they gave you a rubbery plastic almost Broad Sword and you payed $5 to go up against one of two guy's dressed up as Knights although their armor was plastic and they were not wearing their head gear.

The game was the first one to achieve 5 blows upon the other person from anywhere from the shoulders down...wins a prize....the prize was of course this Dungeon's and Dragonesque looking thing that had fake Rubies and Diamonds and Sapphires with a castle and a dragon around it and some other things....and they were selling smaller versions of the thing for $50 to $150 and this one was about the size of a bowling ball except with a flat bottom.

So the wait to do this was about 15 minutes so I studied each guy and they would quickly earn points by hitting a person on their leg as those who are not experienced and watch Movies never see two guy's going at it and aiming at each other's legs but hey....if it was real...a blow to the leg could kill you so...that's what they were doing.

I got up there and won 5-1....and here I am thinking I won this stupid thing which I could care less about but my Girlfriend wants the thing and I find out that I have to pay $10 instead of $5 if I wanted to win this thing and I have to go against a guy who was not even there at the time but they said he would be back in 45 minutes.

So I tell them to keep this stupid little stuffed Elf or whatever it was and I go and we get 2 of those big turkey legs...we eat them and we come back and ask if the guy is back.

This time they tell me he just left to change and will be back in another 20 minutes...so we go do something else...come back....and now I get another story!!!

So it's obvious now they just don't want to lose the stupid Castle/Dragon/Rubies thingy so we go on and try to enjoy ourselves watching these guy's Joust on horses.

As we are leaving....we are about to walk out the gate where they sell tickets to get in and I hear this really big guy yell at another saying that he is the boss and for this guy to do what he is telling him.

I ask the guy if he is the boss....he say's yes....I tell him the story....he say's...."OK...come on over I will get you squared away."

I fight against this other guy and win 5-0....I get the stupid Castle/Dragon thingy....my girlfriend is all happy....and as I am walking out the big guy apologizes to me and explains to me that it should never have happened and that the guy's who sword fight have a deal where they can keep 30% of the money they take in to sword fight but they have to cover the cost of the PRIZES that are given to those who beat them!!!

So I asked the guy if I really had to pay $10 to win the Castle/Dragon thingy and he said yes but they were supposed to have a sign set up that states that...which they put up while I fought the 2nd time but did not notice until the boss had just told me at the gate and pointed to it as we left.

F@#%!NG RENAISSANCE FAIRS!!!

AboveAlpha

22. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wish I had one - I'd use it to blow away all the irresponsible dog owners around here! [​IMG]

23. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

The brain. The creator of all weapons listed.

24. CRUE CAB

CRUE CAB New Member

And beyond 5 feet, all of those are useless.

25. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Got guns. They are all the same. No personality.

I'll take my compound bow. Rangy. Quiet (no click click boom). Lethal. Doesn't wake up the neighbors.