Why is black psuedoscience allowed to be preached in US colleges

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Sab, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Sab

Sab Active Member

Complete fabrications are preached by black academics in US colleges and all with the blessing of college authorities it seems. Whether in fabricated history (Cleopatra was black,black inventors etc) to genetic nonsense about 'sun people' to Derek Bells 'fiction as fact'.

how do you put up with such trash?

2. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Where is your evidence that these claims are common? First of all your examples are suspect. There were Black inventors and Cleopatra's family may have mixed with Egyptians/Africans according to British anthropologists.

http://blackinventor.com/

[video=youtube;iCTzfb5tWDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCTzfb5tWDg[/video]

I've never heard the sun people claim but I have heard of melanin theory which is a pseudoscience. But I'm not aware of Afrocentric pseudoscience having wide currency in academia.

3. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

Cleopatra was black and there are many black inventors. If you wanna know trash, you should listen to a lot of the white-washed history. Most of it is duck-tales.

A good

4. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

She was Greek and her direct line can be traced to Ptolemy, one of Alexander the Great's generals. The family was so Greek, that she may have the first and only of the Ptolemy family line to have spoken Egyptian. Koine Greek was the common language of education and trade in the Med basin and even the Romans used it through the imperial period.

BTW name a Black invention.

5. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Her family lineage was indeed Macedonian Greek however her family had lived in Egypt for over 300 years by the time of Cleopatra's birth. That doesn't make her Black but it's not out of the question that there was at least some intermarriage between native Egyptians and the Ptolemies. Arsinoe's skull structure is at least some evidence of mixed ancestry.

I linked to a whole website full of Black inventions. Can you debunk them all?

6. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Probably not much, considering how the nobility carried on its blood line. There would have been many children and wives, but there would have been a preferred category. Remember that incestual marriages would have been common and that the Greeks ran the show anyway.

I will review them if you provide the link and get back to you. There certainly aren't many and frankly the same ones are shown over and over again, the so called "real McCoy" and the accomplishments of Dr. Drew as well as open heart surgery are classically false.

7. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

Oh stop it. Both sides! History is neither white nor black. It's HUMAN! There were some great achievements in many cultures across time. What is troubling here is the lack of rationality and objectivity. Apparently those things are no longer virtues to the right/left politically correct propagandists.

8. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Nice try, but not true. Just like the pseudoscience that is preached is not true. Western civilization drove us to a modern world with satellites, airplanes and computers, not a civilization that had difficulty moving out the early iron ages.

9. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

This is the link.

http://blackinventor.com/

10. Object227

Nice try what? I didn't say a bad word about Western civilization or white people. I am merely pointing out that this contest people are having about who's race/culture is better historically is accomplishing nothing. If it's true that Thomas Edison is white, for example, that's merely an accident of birth and says NOTHING about my intelligence or rationality because that's entirely on me. The problem here is that individuals are being taught that their virtues and their self esteem is a product of their race and culture and the achievements of those of their race that came before them. That's what I'm challenging. Take pride in your own virtues first and learn from history but do NOT pretend that your own life is a product of your cultural/racial history. Recognize and give thanks to the benefits you enjoy. Do not attribute those benefits to anyone's accidental biology or genes.

11. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

It's called a track record. Some horses run and some don't.

12. Object227

And this means what?? What's the point? Am I supposed to be a bigot now? Oh those (fill in the blank with whatever attribute you wish - age/color/race/sex/culture) people, they just aren't up to the task!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That could very well be propaganda in it's own right. What I say here applies to everyone involved in this pissing contest. Be a human being.

13. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

A bigot or a realist? Occum's Razor is amazingly accurate.

14. Object227

More excuses to be a bigot. I'm not falling for this.

15. DarkSkies

Her family was in Egypt for 300 years. Here is a depiction of what they believe she looked like. She is what we in America consider "Black" or mixed race with Black (i.e. Black).

[​IMG]

[HR][/HR]Black inventions:

Laserphaco Probe by Patricia Bath
    Gastroscope by Leonidas Berry
    CardioPad by Arthur Zang
    World's Fastest Computer by Dr. Philip Emeagwali

16. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

I'd really start looking into that reason thing if I were you.

17. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

And this cartoon proves exactly what?
    BTW the first usable gastroscope was invented by two guys Wolf and Scheuler in the 1930's with modern flexible instrument invented by Larry Curtis and Basil Hirshowitz in 1958. I'm sure the other Black inventions are just as bogus.

18. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe they should go down to Africa and help them invent clean water and roads.

19. DarkSkies

This "cartoon" is a 3d depiction of what Cleopatra most likely looks like. It is input gathered from anthropologist and other scientific findings, which is far superior than the Hollywood fairy tales of the Elizabeth Taylor depiction.

Sticking a straw in someone's body is not my idea of a gastroscope, but nice try with the dismissal.

Leonidas Berry invented the Eder-Berry gastroscope, the first direct vision suction instrument for removing diseased tissue from the stomach for microscopic examination.

20. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Cleopatra was Greek.

21. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Cleopatra was Greek... and they married their siblings.

There were a half dozen Black Pharaohs from Nubia.

22. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The world's three great religions began in the Fertile Crescent.. The Chinese had a pretty advanced civilization as did the Romans, Egyptians and Greeks... Then there medicine, algebra, philosophy, geometry and navigation.. Much of which came from the Middle East.

23. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Wrong again. Berry invented an instrument but it was not the first. He was the first Black to USE the instruments. The facts don't back it up and the first instrument invention is clearly to Wolf et al.

The pad thing is not really an invention but software designed to record, store and transmit EKG's from remote African locales. Boston Scientific and others were using much more complicated remote data systems for decades. This thing was only utilizing a tablet. Not even an impact in the modern world.
    The laser probe wasn't an invention at all, only an improvement on an existing device that was awarded a patent in a world of which there are and were many competitors.
    BTW available Cleapatra images from coins and not from the imagination show European/Greek features.

24. DarkSkies

Clean water, roads...??? :roll:
    City in Nigeria (Abuja)
    [​IMG]

25. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I can link you some pretty pictures of North Korean cities too.