An idea for Fox News

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by Le Chef, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Le Chef

Le Chef Banned at members request Donor

Here's an idea that may appeal to Fox Haters and Fox Watchers: Hannity & Maddow.

Roger Ailes of Fox is an admirer and, I think, a friend of Rachel Maddow. They seem to enjoy each other's company if not the other's politics, and Ailes even favorably commented on one of her books.

So why not put Rachel on Fox? He couldn't give her her own show, as too many conservative viewers who dislike her would switch over to OAN or Bloomberg for that hour. but putting her head to head with Hannity like the old Hannity and Colmes or CNN Crossfire shows could be good.

She'd make a lot more money, liberals would tune in, conservatives would remain tuned in, and Fox's claim of "Fair and Balanced" would gain some credibility.

Am I right as usual?

2. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

Opposites attract. Makes sense to me.

3. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah good idea. Fox already has Leslie Marshall, Alan Colmes, Kirsten Powers as Fox contributers....Rachel Maddow would be an excellent addition to Fox contributers IMO. She would be direct opposition to Hannity too. She could even keep her day job.

I'd like to see more liberals go on Fox where they will face less softball queries.

4. Sharpie

Sharpie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Rachel Madcow will not pair up with anyone. She's all pose and no logic. She'd be flattened and I'm sure she knows it.

Example: this week on her show she tried to prove that all Trump supporters were deplorable. She did it by bringing national focus on a schitzophrenic man who happens to be a Trump fan, and pointed out all his mentally unstable behaviors. Clearly this was a harmless but mentally unstable man, and there is Rachel holding him up for public ridicule! I found her to be completely cruel. TRULY deplorable.

Further, trying to make the case that one fan speaks for all Trump supporters is unintelligent. If she and this guy happened to be watching the same movie, does that mean she is just like him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Just_a_Citizen

Just_a_Citizen Well-Known Member Past Donor

While it surely would be a blast to watch, it woukdn't be informative as Hannity/Colmes was.

As Sharpie points out, Maddow is simply uninterested in expanding a conversation, or trying to educate through actual facts. It would amount to Hannity making points, and Maddow essentially saying "Whatever", then launching into what to a MediaSuckling viewer would find as stimulating to watch, but no more so than say a Celebrity Boxing match, where one opponent actually has some skill, & turns their challenger opponent's face into Jell-O.

You can decide which player would be advertised by Bill Cosby...

6. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

isn't Ailes banned from tv because of his sexual misconduct??

otherwise, if he is not, then have a show with them entitled "The Patriot & the Perve" - after all, as said above, opposites do attract