Please help out a student! Analysis of Race and Gender

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by UofLStudent, Oct 11, 2015.

1. UofLStudent

UofLStudent Newly Registered

Hello everyone! I am currently working on a research project for my sociology class called Race in the US. For this assignment I am focusing on intersectionality and the relationship between race and gender privilege/oppression. If any of you would answer these questions it would help me out immensely. No name will be used in the paper and don’t feel pressured to answer the demographic questions if you feel uncomfortable Thank you!

Demographic Questions
    a. Age
    b. Racial Identity
    c. Gender
    d. Hometown
    e. Education Level
    f. Occupational Status

Interview questions

a. Think of and list some qualities that you see as masculine.

b. Think of and list some qualities that you see as feminine.

c. Now picture in your mind how you see a person displaying these feminine and masculine qualities? What race and socioeconomic background do to they have? Are the similar to you? In What ways? In what ways do they differ from you?

d. In what ways do you think these masculine and feminine identities are different across races? For example, do you think that an African American woman and a white woman have different identities as women? How does society expect them to act differently?

e. Now think more specifically. Do you see differences in expectations in the home for men and women of different races? What about in the career market?

f. How do you think these differences come into play in large societal movements? For example, how do you believe intersectionality (the mix of people from very different backgrounds) affects the feminist movement? How about race movements such as Black Lives Matter that stands for both men and women?