Was Moses - Moshe a brilliant economist?

Discussion in 'Economics & Trade' started by DennisTate, Oct 14, 2015.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is the following statement one of the most accurate ideas regarding what we human beings are actually capable of IF..............we can actually agree on the need for a particular project?

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/gen/11/1/s_11001

2. DennisTate

Here is a suggestion that I believe we could come to basic agreement on........

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...saving-new-orleans-florida-rising-oceans.html

The Sahara Forest Project...and saving New Orleans and Florida from rising oceans!

Did you know that there is an Islamic prophecy that the Islamic desert regions would be turned green in the latter days?????

This topic is of special interest to me because I live about a hundred miles from the Bay of Fundy. I live five kms from the ocean on the eastern part of Nova Scotia. In my area the difference between low tide to high tide is about one meter! The land form of the Bay of Fundy has a funnelling effect on tidal waters and so parts of the Fundy have a difference of fifteen to seventeen meters between low to high tide!

The question on my mind would be if ocean levels were to rise about thirty centimeters in my part of Nova Scotia, would they rise by four or five meters along parts of the Fundy????

There are 143,000 acres of farmland taken back from the Fundy by dikes that are probably in the position of the proverbial canary in a coal mine in relation to rising ocean levels!

Every cubic meter of H2O added to the water table of nations in the Middle EAst will NOT be on top of New Orleans, Florida, Holland, Bangladesh or those 143,000 acres along the Fundy!!!!!

I felt a huge sense of relief when I first heard about The Sahara Forest Project!

https://www.facebook.com/SaharaForestProject
    Sahara Forest Project
    April 19

3. DennisTate

IF...… it is indeed true that human productive capability and ingenuity is pretty much beyond what any economist has been telling us........(assuming that we are basically united in agreement that a certain thing must be done)........... then...… could a better money supply system play a significant role in ushering in a much better world?

Ecclesiastes 10:19

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

Could it be possible for money to answer.......ALL modern world problems???????????!

http://thesanhedrin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1139

Post subject: Unified Theory of Modern World Problems centered on food!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will now try my best to list ten of the most serious problems facing the nations of Israel and my nation Canada. Then I wish to try my best to explain how the production of food in the world's deserts has the potential to address all of these problems simultaneously!!

1. Nuclear WWIII begins, probably in the Middle East!
    2. Large scale acts of terrorism involving nuclear or biological agents.
    3. Ocean level rise of merely one meter can put one hundred million people worldwide out of their homes which....increases the probability of large scale acts of terrorism.
    4. One billion people are hungry and malnourished.
    5. The common people in wealthy nations eat food that does not tend to increase our levels of health and longevity.

4. DennisTate

Now that America has elected Mr. Donald Trump as President.....
    this topic deserves to be looked at again.

The Jerusalem Sanhedrin have done a good job of psychologically profiling both
    President Elect Donald Trump as well as President Putin.......

http://zionistreport.com/2016/11/sa...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
    Sanhedrin Asks Putin And Trump To Build Third Temple In Jerusalem

The literal fulfillment of Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 can cause the entire world economy to
    BOOM....... President Obama had people in a rather pessimistic mood.......
    by attempting to pressure Americans to go closer and closer to Islam........
    while the majority of Americans feel a deeper connection to Judaism.

I am reading "The Mystery of the Shemitah" by Rabbi Jonathan Cahn right now and
    many questions are coming to mind on exactly how the economy would change during the
    seventh year land sabbath..... and for the Jubilee year?

5. DennisTate

A few weeks ago I hear that the real Jubilee year was from Yom Kippur 2016
    and goes to the day before Yom Kippur in 2017.

I am expecting a surge in understanding of this topic and how debt and money can be
    looked at very differently than we have been doing in the past.

6. DennisTate

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
    And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)

Ecclesiastes 10:19

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

A crisis can bring us together!

If we can agree on what needs to be done...... what we can actually accomplish is astounding.

http://www.politicalforum.com/index...e-nova-scotia-israel-and-jordan.506627/page-3
    Jamie Baillie, Nova Scotia, Israel and Jordan.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. DennisTate

8. DennisTate

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  9. Reiver

Reiver Well-Known Member

I think Noah was the economist. That fellow knew economies of scale and also didn't give a rat's arse about diminishing returns.

DennisTate likes this.
  10. DennisTate

Lol! Good point!
    I just got back such an insightful comment regarding those three numbers, 4.3 trillion, 35 trillion and 117 trillion that I just had to copy and paste it here:
    My answer to Joe's question would be that only nations with their own proposed competitive currency would want the USA petrodollar devalued.

The possibility of some Chinese leaders, some Iranian leaders, some leaders from Europe and perhaps even Russia getting together to discuss the devaluation of the USA petrodollar, in order for each of them to grab a share of the "World Reserve Currency" market....... is indeed a possibility.

I am truly concerned about this possibility and consider that the possible threat could theoretically be addressed through "art" in films supposedly set in 2012, 2013- 2015.... in an Alternate Universe / possible example of applied Multiverse Theory (applied by G-d)... in which Mitt is elected President in 2012.... and of course takes office in January of 2013.

http://www.politicalforum.com/index...paign-writings-as-art.534297/#post-1070026504

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  11. DennisTate

I wonder if Moses would like this idea????

The Tate Plan for a Basic Minimum Income for all Canadians.

12. DennisTate

JUBILEE........... is a topic that must be again considered considering the extreme set of circumstances that we are facing economically!

13. kazenatsu

kazenatsu Well-Known Member Past Donor

Under the Old Law which Moses handed down, interest could not be charged on loans, and indentured servitude was limited to a period of 7 years at a time. (That is, people were not permitted to sell themselves into slavery for money for more than 7 years, without willingly selling themselves into slavery again after those 7 years were over).
    These would prevent creditors from taking advantage of people.

It was a little like the "minimum wage law" of the time, in some ways. Or at least I think you could draw that comparison.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    DennisTate likes this.
  14. DennisTate

That is a good analogy.

Some variation of a minimum wage was certainly backed up by this idea as well.

Leviticus 19:18
    Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD."

Exo 22:25
    If thou lend money to any of my people that is poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury.

15. DennisTate

Feel free to delete this concept if it is too controversial but....... in my opinion... now that the Latter day Saints community have reached a population of sixteen million people and you have fifty thousand missionaries in the field even in a time of a global pandemic..... Genesis chapter eleven verse six kicks into gear for you. For the record I am merely an investigator of your church and I have not yet been baptized LDS but I do find that I feel more of the fire of the Holy Spirit now that I am attending the local ward when I can and I am also in contact regularly with your missionaries.

"Was Moses - Moshe a brilliant economist? "

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
    And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)

To put this in very practical terms..... some sort of LDS volunteerism Hour, an alternative currency unit... could theoretically be used to pay off the national debt of the USA in less than a decade! No kidding... .but a lot of numbers need to be crunched because alternative currency units are taxable at the same rate as the USA dollar. I would love to be in contact with some BYU economics students and faculty regarding how this could be accomplished?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  16. DennisTate

My suggestion for the next campus of Brigham Young University would be near Calgary, Alberta, Canada for a number of reasons.
    1. The Canadian province of Alberta has a population that is about two percent Latter day Saints.
    2. Calgary Dollars is the largest alternative currency in Canada and in theory....... Calgary Dollars could be used to begin the process to link both the Canadian and USA dollars in a plan to cooperate in paying off of both of our national debts at the same time......... as we cooperate on some win - win - win - win projects............... I believe with the nation of Israel?

Can the national debt of the USA be paid off in one year?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  17. DennisTate

NOW this is interesting to me!!!!

http://bibocurrency.com/index.php/p...DZXYwtsvmuPQu3mO_K1-uuZqyCkOIG1bssAQrYMggYal4

18. DennisTate

YES... .MOSES WAS A BRILLIANT ECONOMIST..... AND YES..... PRIME MINISTER PIERRE E. TRUDEAU MAY WELL HAVE SAVED THE CANADIAN ENVIRONMENT......
    AND EVEN THE ENVIRONMENT OF THE UNITED STATES FROM OVERLY PRODUCTIVE RED NECKS LIKE ME.......
    WHO MUST BE KEPT IN LINE OR WE WOULD TURN ALL THE FARMLAND OF ONTARIO INTO A CONCRETE JUNGLE!!!!!!!!

NOW THAT I AM LIVING IN MISSISSAUGA THIS TRUTH IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE OBVIOUS AND CLEAR!!!!!!

ROBERT THOMAS MALTHUS WAS ALSO A BRILLIANT THEOLOGIAN WHO CAUGHT ONTO BOTH THE POSIVE AS WELL AS THE NEGATIVE MEANING IN THAT VERSE IN GENESIS!!!!!!

Now can all of this perhaps be used to topple the Trudeau regime here in Canada in our next federal election!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  19. DennisTate

For several years now I have had the theory bouncing around in my mind that former Covering Cherub Hillel, who is now known to Christians as Lucifer - Satan....... could, to at least some degree, be acting in the mind set of Stanley Milgram Ph. D. and could therefore not be ABSOLUTELY EVIL................. as we humans think in terms of absolute evil????????

The Malthusian Catastrophe Theory is not founded on a total lack of understanding of either spirituality or even economics.

We human beings are off the scale productive...... and / or destructive........ depending on the degree to which our actions are motivated by things like love and / or wisdom and / or true understanding of the big picture....... as well as the smaller picture!

Malthusian Catastrophe Theory is based on a PESSIMISTIC understanding of a brilliant statement quoted by Moses!