Acceptable Racism

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Gizmo, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

There are a handful of forms of racism that are still acceptable in our modern PC society. In the UK racism against Scottish people is rampant, ingrained in the psyche of the establishment, positively encouraged and a daily occurence in mainstream media and everyday life.

The most obvious examples are found in print media, all London based, almost all owned by non-dom billlionaire Tories with strong British nationalist leanings, therefore Scottish nationalism is the obvious enemy and is treated, and often referred to, as a threat akin to Hitler. Our leaders are compared to Hitler, Stalin, Mao et al and our very ethnicity is seemingly a legitimate target of abuse.

Our own government openly admits to being biased against us, does not act in our interests and routinely shamelessly lies to the people of Scotland to thwart their self-determination. They are currently trying to dismantle our economy to weaken the case for independence and drain as much of our natural resources as they can in the meantime, whilst also conducting an all-out assault through every means available political, diplomatic and most of all media to attempt to halt the independence movement.

Don't doubt that British security services (partially paid for by Scottish taxpayers) have long been engaged in this fight and will most likely stage some false-flag violence to blame on the yes camp in future (all violence to date has come from supporters of the UK - though you obviously won't read that in the MSM), and that the anti-Scottish racism will continue unabated from all corners of the UK establishment and even be ramped up.

Scotland is at war with Westminster right now in all but name, a battle is going on for control of Scotland, its resources, taxes, people and land, which will be decided in the next 5-20 years and establish Scotland and the UK's position for perhaps the next hundred, with knock-on effects in many different areas geopolitically. People outside Scotland only need to know one thing, we are the good guys, we really are. Anyone who looks into it for a fraction of a second with an objective mind can see that straight away. But taking on the full might of the British establishment is quite a task

2. henacynflin

henacynflin New Member

Really you seem to have the wrong end of the stick. There seems, if anything, to have been a growth in anti-English sentiment pari-passu with the growth of feeling for independence. The extremely nasty treatment of JK Rowling and Muriel Gray this week seem good recent examples. I was born and bred in Scotland and it has really saddened me to see this ugly strand of nationalism rear its head. Whether Scotland becomes independent or not will be decided by the Scottish people but I hope if it does it does not start off with the nasty urges it has started to foster.

3. vonDöbeln

vonDöbeln New Member

I'm wondering about the racist part. I met an Irishman one time while he and his workers crew was denied entry on a camp site due to earlier misconduct. Of course the Irishman would not have any of the kind and yelled "Are you being a racist because I am Irish!". The story goes on a bit, but I will stop here.
    Does nationality really fall under the definition of race in the UK and Ireland? Isn't race about white, black, hispanic, asian?
    How can England treat Scotland in a racist manor? I don't get it. Or is it just polemics?

4. unbiased institute

unbiased institute Member

They don't. Irish and Scots have a chip on their shoulder for some strange reason.

As for the balance of power between Holyrood and Westminster; Holyrood keeps getting more power and money and has consistently misused it but still its what they wanted.

5. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense, parrotting the narrative the London based media has been desperately trying to create for years. The racism comes from those opposed to independence and the London media against Scottish people, you simply don't know what you're talking about. All studies and criminal proceedings prove this, the racism almost all comes from the other side, there is nothing remotely anti-English about the independence movement.

Every day for years I've been reading blatant, overt, rampant anti-Scottish racism in the English press, a few twitter comments to a troll like JK Rowling, none racist in tone, are laughable in comparison, but the unionist media has been building the cybernat narrative desperately for years and you're sucking it up like a good little parrot. I assume you're not in Scotland anymore so are seeing events through the prism of the London based unionist media, therefore you can't help but have such a distorted view, but believe me you couldn't possibly be any more wrong.

I will reply to the first post soon it just requires quite a long answer.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Yeah and Westminster has never misused money, what a typically arrogant, colonial English attitude you display. Holyrood actually keeps delivering huge projects on time and on budget, something Westminster NEVER does, we have the best performing public services in the UK too. As ever with those from the outside looking in, you have literally no clue what you're talking about.

As for the chip on our shoulder it amazes me that people don't understand, but okay how's about we elect your government for the next 300 years then? You be okay with that? You can have whatever government the people of Scotland choose, we will decide when you go to war, who with and for what reasons, we will collect all your taxes and give you pocket money back, then lets see if you have a chip about us. So arrogant it defies belief, Scotland has been subsidising England for decades, you'd think you'd at least be grateful.

7. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

If anybody wants to understand what's actually going on, you should read stuff like this. Also you need to understand 100% of the print and broadcast media are London based and virulently opposed to Scottish independence with every fibre of their being. Therefore you need to be aware of that before you consume what they produce, they are not journalists they are propagandists every one of them.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/an-outbreak-of-coyness/#more-76076

8. unbiased institute

What a bizarre statement.
    Holyrood itself cost well £600 M and was completed three years late and is really ugly. And no the Scottish govt has been wasteful and has neglected infrastructure.
    That's a bit of an assumption
    None of that even remotely makes sense
    How exactly?

9. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Big deal, the millenium dome cost £850m and is a big empty dome of no use, and Trident replacement is going to cost £167b. All governments waste money, but the Scottish govt wastes rather less than the London one. The Scottish govt has invested enormously in infrastructure, again you shouldn't be discussing Scotland you are not informed enough to contribute.

With money, how else would you subsidise another country?

10. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Published just today, Scotland has subsidised England to the tune of at least £222 billion since 1980, are you grateful? For anyone wondering this is why England is so utterly desperate to keep Scotland in the UK.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-wishful-believers/#more-77409

Argue with the figures at your leisure, they're all referenced from independent UK sources

11. henacynflin

henacynflin New Member

Certainly it looks as if there is more heat on one side than the other. I am reminded that Willie Rennie was quoted in the Daily Record (12/12/12) as saying "We cannot allow anti-English rhetoric to creep into society and the SNP Government must do all it can to combat this. While racism against some ethnic groups is falling, it is still far too prevalent in Scottish society.This includes racist abuse directed towards the English, which cannot be tolerated.” when he was concerned about the increased rates of racial abuse. The Scottish Police force are also, more recently, on record as having been concerned about the increased rates of abuse.

While I have no doubt that anti-Scottish feeling has been engendered by the referendum debate you are wrong that it is all one sided. While the SNP may work hard at trying to curb some of its more vociferous members other groups such as Siol nan Gaidhea have no such concerns and parade their hatred with pride. You might recall that this was so distasteful that Gordon Wilson (then leader of the SNP) called then "proto-fascist" on the basis of their racist views.

Nationalism is always dangerous, it can be short step from loving your own culture to hating other people's culture. It is often a step that taken in anger - you have already decided that "all" the problems come from "the other side", you are "at war with them" and you are "the good guys" - it won't be long till you take that short step.

12. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

You seem like a reasonable person, though I don't think quoting the SNP hating British nationalist, bitter, angry little man Rennie is evidence of anything. There have been academic studies done of this, its just not true to say there is more abuse coming from the yes side, all evidence points to the contrary, the problem is the unionist media only report about 'cybernats'.

And also its just rubbish to start saying oh nationalism is dangerous yadda yadda, thats rubbish, as you are not choosing between nationalism and non-nationalism, its two different competing nationalisms, British and Scottish. That is the choice, not one side nationalist the other not, both are nationalist, and the British side is the one based on identity and superiority, thats the dangerous type, Scottish nationalism is civic and inextricably linked to the simple desire for self-determination for Scotland, its nothing to do with race or ethnicity.

13. unbiased institute

Then you've just admitted that the Scottish govt wastes money and the dome was sold off.
    Then why are the roads so crap then
    Actually there are several ways and I asked you to be more specific

14. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

All governments waste money, Holyrood actually cost £440m not £600m, again you just don't know anything about any of this and are simply involving yourself as your nationality means you feel affronted. Westminster is about to waste £167 BILLION on nucluear weapons, so I guess they win.

I gave you an article to read with all the relevant figures, I suggest you persue it and if you wish to thank me for the subsidy I have personally given you over the last couple of decades I will gracefully accept.

And perhaps the roads are so crap cause we've been spending the money we should be spending on roads subsidising England, things like HS1, HS2, Crossrail, London sewers, London Olympics, we paid for all of them, none of them are even in our country. I assume you are also grateful for these, England won't be contributing a penny to the new Forth Road Bridge btw (which, as with everything built under the SNP so far, is coming in on time and under budget) as the UK govt doesn't deem it in the 'national interest', though it does deem Crossrail, HS1 and 2 etc as such.

15. unbiased institute

Well obviously I do because you keep agreeing with me and you don't even know what my nationality is.
    No what you gave me was a biased and unreferenced source. And please try to spell properly.
    That's not even fiscally possible.

16. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Argue with the figures, all referenced from independent UK sources. If you can't its tacit admission they are correct.

Its fiscally factual, Scotland pays a proportional share of all these things, even though none are in Scotland or of any benefit to Scotland. That's a simple fact.

Its also a simple fact the UK govt deliberately distorts the GDP of Scotland downwards and England upwards to weaken the argument for independence, any Scottish product exported from an English port is included in England's GDP, for example.

The internal UK subdivision of the North Sea, drawn up by Labour the night before the Scottish parliament opened in 1999, deliberately for the reason I explained, moved the sea border between England and Scotland 200 miles into Scotland to claim 5000 square miles of Scottish sea for England. When GDP is calculated revenue derived from this area is counted as English. These are simple facts, you don't know enough to discuss this.

17. unbiased institute

Independent doesn't mean accurate or unbiased
    That's really illogical
    As you see it
    If you say so. But then again these are British ports and not just English.
    The British oil and gas industry is becoming worthless and which bits of the sea are you talking about?
    Actually I think you'd like me not to discuss this issue. I think you'd like people to agree with you.
    And considering you quite often mention a specific issue for the first time and then promptly say I don't know enough about that issue then I would have to say that you're quite arrogant and pretty unreasonable.

I think its best that you're left to your own devices. For your own sake.

18. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Probably a good idea, you're out of your depth here.

And oil is worthless? Is that why even with prices so low the UK economy would have shrunk last quarter without it when it infact grew over half a percent? And it provides 17% of the entire UK corporation tax, the UK has been telling us its been running out for 40 years. Their slogan in 1979 to oppose devolution to Scotland was the oil would be gone by 1990. Farcically stupid, the figure the media quote is the tax on the profit of oil companies, there are a whole multitude of other revenues derived from oil and gas.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/10/manufacturing-production-drops-between-march-april

Oh look, those notorious raging Scottish nationalists the BBC (otherwise known as the British Pravda) seem to think oil is worth £35 billion annually to the UK economy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-30831718

"What is the oil industry worth to the UK economy?

A report for the industry body Oil and Gas UK last year estimated the sector is worth about £35bn to the UK economy"

So is that your definition of worthless? There are dozens of revenues including income tax, national insurance, corporation tax, petroleum tax etc, the figure you keep seeing just now £500m for this year is simply one tax directly apportioned to the profit of oil companies for that year.

I think realistically the only worthless thing here is your contributions to this thread.

19. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

20. Sab

Sab Active Member

21. henacynflin

henacynflin New Member

These changes in the map of seaborders are the modern conventions that all nations use this was not s trick by the Labour Government to undermine the case for Scottish Independance. However, as Professor Kemp has said if you consider the old line ""You might say we should use that line. The interesting thing is, from the economic point of view, it does not make much difference because there are just a handful of fields, and not very important ones now, between the median line and the line north of Berwick. .. ..
    Although lawyers could have a long debate about it, in terms of economics, it does not make all that much difference."

Similarly the ideas and worries about the decline returns from oil are not part of some English conspiracy. There has been talk about Oil Depletion and Peak Oil for many years, predating the arguments over Scotland's Independance and often these arguments originated in, and were focussed on, America and the Middle East.

Many people think that, as a consequences of the fixed nature of oil as a resource and the implications of climate change and fossil fuel usage, we migth have to consider a future that is "Post Oil". As in this TED talk ( Planning for the end of oil ) by Richard Sears most of this discussion has nothing whatsoever to do with hostility to ideas of Scottish Independance. However, those fighting for Independance would do well to heed these warnings as they will be especially important when planning Scotland's future.

22. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Are you blind? That was the case before Labour changed the border to steal wealth from Scotland for England, they did this deliberately to artificially inflate your GDP and decrease ours, to weaken the case for independence. The sea border is now 200 miles inside Scotland, there's nothing correct about that at all, on that map you can see the correct and original one.

You English people really will argue black is white to deny the colonial actions of your government, we have been subsidising you for decades and it will not be going on for much longer.

23. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Utter nonsense, you have no idea what modern conventions are and are simply lying to defend the actions of the English government. This is why people like you shouldn't discuss this, you don't know anything about it and your nationality prevents you from thinking objectively about it. It is not just oil, English fishermen fish those seas now and Scottish ones aren't allowed to, as they are defined as English even though they reach 200 miles into Scotland.

It is not some English conspiracy that oil is declining, but it is an ongoing 40 year English conspiracy to lie to Scotland about the amount and value of oil, thats a simple fact too, google McRone Report and educate yourself a bit before you attempt to discuss things you don't know anything about.

24. unbiased institute

I know people who run rigs in the north sea, most of which aren't making a profit and this year has been abysmal.
    Unlike you I haven't been abusive or rude and I haven't made presumptions you either.

I said that its best to leave to your own devices because you obviously don't like being challenged.

25. henacynflin

henacynflin New Member

Oh the irony !
    This post started about "Acceptable Racism", it has now descended into name calling and deriding peoples' nationality ("Utter nonsense", "you are simply lying", "your nationality prevents you from thinking objectively", "the only worthless thing here is your contributions to this thread", "You English people really will argue black is white").

Gizmo, this show of anger and hostility to people based on their nationality does really show the problem in its true colours and, the longer it goes on, the more you make my point for me. Many thanks.