Austrian Citizens Rush to Purchase Firearms Amid Influx of Migrants.....

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by MMC, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Well who would have thought this would be taking place in Europe? Buying up firearms.....Women leading the charge. Imagine that. What say ye?

Austrian citizens are rushing to purchase firearms out of fear and self-defense amid an influx of migrants coming into their country.

Nearly all shotguns are sold out because there is no permit required to purchase them, according to arms dealer in Upper Austria. For all other firearms, however, a license is required, which in turn means courses to become licensed are now taking place weekly, instead of every five weeks.

Local media say it’s the sheer number of refugees, plus the fear of break-ins, that’s driving the huge increase in demand. And leading the surge, much like in the U.S., is women, gun dealers report.....snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...ase-firearms-amid-influx-of-migrants-n2072087

2. unbiased institute

unbiased institute Member

Dubious very dubious.

3. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they are all out of shotguns. Didn't need any license for them either.

4. unbiased institute

Certainly need to be registered.

Anyway I meant was that the article seems quite dubious because looking on the internet for this story it all seems to go back to the Daily Mail as well as a sentence said on a Czech Tv broadcast.
    It doesn't seem substantial enough

5. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

It appears the Daily Paper, the Heute out of Vienna also ran the story, huh? So much for dubious sources. Sometimes one needs to realize what sources are really being referenced, and by whom.

Myself, I tend to find that leftists are always looking for some out thru the excuse about sources.

Czech Independent TV also reported on the arms upsurge. As of Monday most rifles in the country are out of stock.

The daily paper Heute reported recently: 'The cash registers are currently ringing loud at local gun dealers.

'Figures of the Ministry of the Interior prove it: more and more people are buying guns and rifles.' A Central weapon register was introduced in June 2014 to record all legal firearm sales. This year over 14,000 new weapons have been purchased......snip~

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-massive-influx-migrants-dealers-claim.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lux-migrants-dealers-claim.html#ixzz3ptxDjW9J
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

6. unbiased institute

Ok find the article from the Heute

7. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Here you go.....this link will take you to the story about the Increased firearms sales. You can look around for it. For me when 3 - 4 different sources are reporting on it, and all say Firearms sales are increasing in Austria. While correlating it to the migration they are experiencing. It's good enough to run with.

Working for the Newspaper Industry. If its my call......the story runs. Whether the MS Media likes it or not!

http://www.thepaperboy.com/newspaper.cfm?PaperID=2146118526

8. unbiased institute

I'm not seeing an article here. And even when viewing the main page of Heute I'm still not seeing an article on shotgun sales. Maybe my German is a bit off.

9. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I would look back a couple of days. As I doubt it was something today or yesterday. Did your German pick up any other Austrian Papers saying anything about increased gun sales?

As Fox News is also reporting it.

10. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

11. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Heya AH. [​IMG] Tighter restrictions on the Czech border, and now Slovenia is calling for the same too.

I would think all those European countries will have a host of issues to deal with. Each significantly with their own problems.

12. unbiased institute

Actually I used the search function on the website and there is no mention of shotgun sales or even of Thomas Ortner

13. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

That's funny. It appears Fox news brings out a bit more to the story. While you complain about sources? Oh and who is Germany's top security dog?

Germany's top security official has sharply criticized Austria for dumping refugees at the border between the two countries Tuesday night. Austrian authorities failed to warn Germany about the impending arrivals, many of whom are fleeing conflict and violence in the Middle East, Africa and Asia, Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere claimed Wednesday.

"Austria's behavior in recent days was out of line," de Maiziere told the Associated Press. He said the two countries have since agreed to cooperate better.

According to the broadcaster OE24, approximately 70,000 more firearms have been sold in Austria so far this year compared to the same period last year. The report says that an estimated 900,000 firearms are in Austrian homes.

"Nearly all shotguns are sold out because you don't need to have a firearms permit to buy them," Thomas Ortner, spokesman for gun retailers in the state of Upper Austria, told the paper. "Registration courses for pistols are usually held only every five weeks but are now held weekly.".....snip~

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/28/gun-sales-surge-in-austria-amid-refugee-crisis/

Sidney Herald Fairfax media.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/migrant...d-fears-of-refugee-crime-20151027-gkkdus.html

Daily News 24

http://www.dailynews724.com/world/g...e-in-austria-amid-refugee-crisis-h599020.html

Looks like even our States' Local news has carried the story.

What happened with the Sources? Have you figured out yet why those around the planet are rolling with the story............yet?

14. unbiased institute

You know what. You can believe whatever you want to believe.

15. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Did you need to see S Carolina and NY local news carrying the story? Next time, don't try to deflect about sources. Especially not to those that work in the Industry.

As it never turns out well for any of this Illiberal tactic. Just sayin!

16. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

Your claimed original source has been shown to be fake, and YOU are claiming the high ground? LOL.

17. unbiased institute

Why would I need to see papers from those states or from any in the US?
    I didn't. I asked you to show me the source from Heute. You couldn't and when I looked it didn't exist.
    Why is your grammar so poor when you apparently work in this industry?
    It never turns out well for the tactless. Just sayin!

18. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Why couldn't you figure out the rest of the planet going with the story?

That's Right.....Why should I do your homework. I had the other links, remember.

My Grammar isn't poor. I just don't talk in Bookform. That's a weakness from the left as well as one of their limitations. Which I don't mind highlighting.

It certainly didn't turn out well for any of the Illiberals and their deflection tactics. That I can agree on.

19. unbiased institute

As I said you can believe whatever you want to believe. I just choose not believe in a story which has no credibility.

20. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Evidently it had enough credibility to go around the planet. With most local news picking it up. So really I don't mind any that misses out, with reality.

21. unbiased institute

So what? And I find your last sentence hypocritical when it has been proven that the story does not exist.

22. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Then why did those in Australia, the AP, The US News media, and a host of others roll with the story? They were out to try and trick just you, huh? [​IMG]

23. unbiased institute

What a bizarre thing to say.

24. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Not really. The reality is what it is. Only the few, a small percentage were questioning what was reported. So you weren't alone.

Which doesn't change the report accepted by the Media worldwide.

25. unbiased institute

It is not an unusual phenomenon for news agencies around the world to unintentionally report false stories. Its what we call Chinese whispers.
    As far as I'm concerned the story is non-existent as had been proven earlier and that is the end of the matter.
    Goodbye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.