1/2 of the Navy's aircraft carriers aren't available

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by APACHERAT, Nov 7, 2015.

1. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Half the Carrier Fleet Tied Up In Maintenance, Other 5 Strained To Meet Demands, the incompetent Commander in Chief (Obama or is it Valerie Jarrett, enquiring minds want to know.) seem not to be too concerned. As the Obama administration had made clear, the U.S. Navy is no longer in the war business but the political correctness social engineering business. Obama's PC Navy where buggery is now accepted as being the norm and desertion on the battlefield is now considered to be serving the United States with honor and distinction. No really, the Obama administration said that.

2. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Obama plans the Navy's maintenance cycles?

3. APACHERAT

No, Obama, actually it's Valeria Jarrett who plans all of the mandatory PC sensitivity classes that the sailors have to attend instead of training for war and maintaining it's ships.

4. Questerr

Questerr Banned

So you have evidence that "sensitivity classes" are to blame for this?

5. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Congress should outlaw all modernization, repairs and maintenance on any Naval vessel. They should be kept at sea as long as functional in any way. If any no longer functional in any way, then it is must be scraped. Think of the hundreds of millions spent on maintainance and modernization of the Iowa battleship. It should have been kept at sea until no longer functional and then scaped. It is time to stop ships being sitting at docks.

6. APACHERAT

But 50% of the navy's ships aren't capable of casting off it's lines, weighing anchor and getting out of port. Remember we are dealing with Obama's PC navy.

You know what I have noticed lately ? Today's sailors in Obama's PC navy no longer talk like sailors or do they walk like sailors. You no loner see that sailor swagger any more.

7. Questerr

Questerr Banned

You mean they are professionals instead of glorified frat boys?

8. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Meh. I'd say this goes back to the Bush1 and Clinton era. At the end of Bush1, the military began these "stress" experiments on basic training units across all branches. Some battalions created perfect soldiers. Some battalions offered "stress cards" to recruits if they thought the drill sergeants were too mean. It's ongoing testing that the mommies and daddies and lawyers insisted on because they think the military is mean to their child.

I witnessed myself the company next to me when they had their next cycle, actually get stress cards. They never even had a shark attack!

Is this Obama's fault though? Gotta go with no this time.
    [MENTION=870]Questerr[/MENTION] see, I told you I don't always hate on the dude.

9. APACHERAT

Professionals who no longer hold on too the navy's traditions and customs and who rarely go to sea.

There was a time when you joined the navy you actually got to see the world and had a girl in every port. Buggery was a crime and women didn't serve aboard warships.

A sailor who enlisted for six years would likely go on five six month cruises. Not today.

I was a Marine, never part of a ships company but I have been on more ships in three years than today's sailors have in six years. Essex class USS Valley Forge, USS Princeton the LPH USS Iwo Jima. Gearing class USS Mansfield and even a County class LSD.

10. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Do you have anything besides anecdotes to back you up? Isn't the amount of sea time highly dependent upon an individual's rating?

As for your bigoted statements about "buggery" and women not being allowed on ships, times have changed. Women are just as capable of pushing a button as a man is and who gives a (*)(*)(*)(*) what a sailor decides to do with their genitals with another consenting adult off duty?

11. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

If WWIII was to break out, I don't believe any of our carriers would make it 300 miles out to sea before they would be on the bottom of the ocean. Those already out to sea would be sunk in place. But they are kind of nice to have around against Bumfukistan.

12. APACHERAT

Bush 1 ? I suppose so. Back then you had some pretty anti military liberals in Congress like Ron Dellum's and Patricia Schroeder. Those two really despised the U.S. military and were always pushing for a PC military and social engineering of the military. Rep. Schroeder led the Tailhook Witch Hunt. The Navy lost some of it's best fighter jocks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Dellums
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Schroeder

Remember Zumwalts Navy ? When Admiral Zumwalt became CONO in 1970 he went PC liberal. Beards, sideburns, beer machines in the barracks, sissy non sailor uniforms, civilian clothing allowed aboard ships, etc. All of the "locker clubs" disappeared from every navy town.

The enlisted sailors and CPO's revolted and rejected most of Zumwalt's changes. They wanted to hold on too the old Navy's traditions and customs. Those sailors back then wouldn't be caught dead wearing overalls or camouflage uniforms. Why do sailors need cammies while aboard a ship ? A sailors work uniform use to be blue denim bell bottom trousers and a light blue denim shirt. And if it was cold, the navy blue wool pea coat. It's all about traditions and customs.

13. ArmySoldier

Oh it's no question that it's the liberals who are softening the military. No question. That's why you will never meet one liberal Drill Sergeant.

14. APACHERAT

Enlighten me with the PC word for buggery.

If every Marine is a rifleman first, what is every sailor ? Fireman maybe ?

Women fail when it comes to damage control on ships.

Results of a test the Navy did to see how well women could perform in damage control -- i.e., tasks necessary to save a ship that had been hit.

Test % Women Failing % Men Failing
    Before Training After Training Before Training After Training
    Stretcher carry, level 63 38 0 0
    Stretcher carry/up, down ladder 94 88 0 0
    Fire hose 19 6 0 0
    P250 pump, carry down 99 99 9 4
    P250 pump, carry up 73 52 0 0
    P250, start pump 90 75 0 0
    Remove SSTO pump 99 99 0 0
    Torque engine bolt 78 47 0 0

It's easier to read if you go here. -> http://www.fredoneverything.net/MilMed.shtml

15. ArmySoldier

Liberals throw around the word "bigot" more than Blake Lively plays with her hair.

16. Questerr

Questerr Banned

So after being trained how to do it, women are just as effective as men? Thanks for providing evidence that your own bigotry has no merit.

17. ArmySoldier

Depends on the job. If you had my job, 11B, and you got 100 men, and 100 women to do 12 mile rucks with 70lbs ruck sacks- keeping in mind the female lighter bone structure...statistics would show that most of the women couldn't do it. It's why the medical professionals kept saying women shouldn't be in the Infantry.

It's not bigotry (lol) it's the fact that most women have lighter and smaller bone structures than men. This makes it more difficult for them to carry the same weight as men.

Now if you're talking about MPs or Civil Affairs...then I'm sure they're just as effective.

18. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Or any of the dozens of positions on board a ship.

19. ArmySoldier

I'm sure. But you can't throw around bigot. It's so extremist left wing to do. It's a fact that women's bodies cannot handle the stress and weight of some military jobs. That's it. Doctors constantly intervened when the Army said they would allow women in the infantry.

http://www.businessinsider.com/doctor-serious-doubts-female-infantry-2013-4

Her story isn't just about the Infantry

20. APACHERAT

Do you know what a P-250 is ? It's a 66 pound fire pump. http://www.tpub.com/dc32/54.htm

99% of the females can't carry a P-250 down a ships ladder.

88% of the female sailors can't carry a body stretcher up and down a ships ladder. It takes four females to carry a body stretcher that only takes two male sailors to carry. But there's a problem, many ladders aren't wide enough for two people to go up or down the ladder. Hatches on ships are only wide enough for one person to enter or exit through.

FYI: Ladder is a sailors name for stairs. Hatches are what landlubbers refer to as doors.

Do you know why the U.S. Navy won the war in the Pacific during WW ll ? Because the U.S. Navy had perfected battle control procedures. They were able to keep their ships afloat and kept fighting after getting hit by enemy bombs, gunfire or torpedoes.

21. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Apacherat objected to the idea of any women serving on board ships regardless of their position. That is a pretty misogynist position to take. And all "misogynist" is is a more specific form of bigotry.

I could have also thrown out "homophobic" for his comment about "buggery".

22. Questerr

Questerr Banned

When was the last time a US Navy ship got hit by a torpedo?

23. APACHERAT

And most liberals are clueless what a bigot is. They like to change the definition of words to further their political agenda.

Governor "Moonbeam" Jerry Brown is a climate change bigot. :roflol:

- - - Updated - - -

To the best of my knowledge, July 16th, 2008.

24. Questerr

Questerr Banned

When you show clear hate and disdain in line with misogyny and homophobia, I call a duck a duck.

25. Questerr

Questerr Banned

That was a test. That ship had no crew on board and the US Navy purposefully torpedoed that ship.

But then again, you knew what I meant and purposefully (dishonestly) avoided the question.