When the Islamic State Saved 150,000 Jews

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Goomba, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

This is yet another factoid that proves how Islam was way more tolerant than the Christian West at the time. It also dispels the lie that Jews and Christians are enemies to Islam/Muslims.

http://ilmfeed.com/when-the-islamic-state-saved-150000-jews/

2. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Wow.. I never heard of this before..........

3. stuntman

stuntman Well-Known Member

It does not stopped te Ottomans to treat the Jews in parts of the existance of the Ottoman Empire, bad.
    At the time of the Mehmed I (1389-1421) killed Samuel, a Jewish man from Izmir, and Sheikh Bdrtin, after Samuel colaborated with this Sheikh and started a revolt agains the Ottoman Empire because the Jewish community in Izmir suffered from bad conditions because of the heavy tax burden that was existed on the Jewish community. And it didnt stop there.

At the time of sultan Murad IV (1612-1640), that worsen the treatment to the Jewish communities by the empire, ordered to murder hundreds of thousands of Jews like the 20,000 Jews in Antalya.
    At the time of Mehmed IV there was the first Polish revolt which when were 150,000 Jews were killed and thousands were expelled.
    There was also the case when Shabtai Tzvi came to Istanbul in 1666 to rule instaed of Mehmed IV, and that's why the sultan wanted him dead, but beacuse the doctor of the palace, instead Shabtai was needed to convert to Islam, which led to houndreds of Jews converted to Islam, and until this day there are in Turkey alot of such crypto-Jews.
    Such bad conditions that the Jews suffered continued to exist. Like at the time of Mahmmud II the Greek Patriarch came to Istanbul and the sultan ordered to kill him, and after that, the sultan ordered a group of Jews to take his body to despose it into the sea. But when the rumors in Athens said that it was the Jews that killed the Patriarch, so the Greeks killed 5,000 Jews and throw them into the sea.
    Another case was when the Ianitzrim, One infantry in Ottoman Empire, enjoyed financial soppurt from a Jewish banker, but the soppurt was condemned by the Sultan, and for that three Jewish bankers were murdered.

Also lets not forget that at the time of Murad III (1574-1595), the sultan forbided the Jews to wear "silly hats" and silk clothing, which was the type of clothing that the Jews often wear in the Ottoman Empire.

4. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

Is that all you got? Muslim, Christians, and Jews wore distinct clothing. That's the way society was back then.

5. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

today's Islamic State would never help Jews. They would only kill Jews

6. stuntman

That's not "all I got", I have plenty more, and I wrote to you some of them. Please read them.

BTW- I already wrote to you that the distinct clothing that Jew wore in the Ottoman period was forbiden from them to wear, as I wrote to you Murad III did.

7. Il Ðoge

Il Ðoge Active Member

The Jews saved were probably killed or forcibly converted later on though.

8. DrewBedson

DrewBedson Active Member

Jews are alright. Those who wish to kill them or destroy their nation are satanic.

9. rkhames

rkhames Well-Known Member

Interesting point. Yet a mere 300 years before that, Jews fought with Saladin's forces against the Christian Crusaders. After Saladin had conquered Jerusalem, he called upon the Jews to resettle the city.

But this fact, as with yours, have absolutely no bearing on what is happening today. Why? Because Saladin was repelling invaders, and was not fighting for religious belief.

As for the tolerant statement, both Jews or Christians have outgrown the whole "convert or die" mantra. Yet, Muslims use that philosophy today.

10. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

i would say that "christians" do actually live by the mantra of convert or die. the mantra pertains to currency rather than religion though as most euro christians are not real christians so they cannot use the power of religion because nobody believes them. saddam, ghadaffi and a host of others have been bombed into oblivion for wanting to leave this "european religion" - money.

11. rkhames

WTFO?! Saddam was trying to leave money? The same Saddam that made a fortune by undercutting OPEC selling oil to the US? Then when Kuwait did the same to them, he invaded them. Then there was the whole UN Oil-For-Food Scam. Saddam made a fortune through that program.

Kaddafi had $200 Billion when he was assassinated.

I think you have things backwards. Saddam, and Kaddafi, both were stealing from the offering plates.

12. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

yes, then they planned on ditching the dollar when they were assassinated. euro/americans religion is money and they will go to war if you dont convert to their currency, its simple capitalism. never, ever underestimate their greed.

13. rkhames

Again more male bovine excrement. Saddam was executed by his own people for his brutality. He was overthrown because he plotted to have Former President Bush Sr. Kaddafi was assassinated because of H. Clinton's association to the Muslim Brotherhood. Neither of which wanted to move away from the US dollar or the Euro.

There is however, a coalition of nations that are pushing world markets to move away from trading in the dollar and Euro. Surprisingly, their leadership is alive and well. That coalition includes Russia, China, North Korea and Iran. You know, the whole Axis of Evil thing.

14. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Did America not invade countries and force their political philosophies on said nations?

15. Ronstar

just like what Muhammed and his army of extremists did

16. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

Well, the Ottoman Empire lasted for more than 600 years, so providing us with a few cases of spaoradic violence means nothing.

Also, why do some people seem to readily assume that a supposed Jewish empire would have had cases of violence and injustice against gentiles?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's very nice, Ron.

17. Ronstar

so its ok for Muslims to do it, but not the USA?

18. stuntman

Well I gave you examples of mistreatment regarding the Jewish communities from the 14th century, through te 17th century, and lasted at the end of the empire.

The Jewish kingdoms werent cases of violance against non-Jewish excapt wars and clashes between the Jewish kingdoms and other encient nations.

BTW- the Jewish kingdoms have archeaological evidences for it's existance, hence it cant be referred with the word "supposed".

19. rkhames

How does that discredit a single word that I posted?

You do know the difference between "political philosophies" and Religion? Has Americans ever invaded a country, and closed the Mosques? Have they ever silenced the calls to prayer? The answer is no. American was founded on the philosophy of freedom of religion, and it remains one of our core values.

The OP spoke of Islam being more tolerant then Judaism or Christianity. Yet in recent years, I have not heard of a Christian or Jew being stoned to death for turning from their religion. Can you say the same about Islam?

Additionally, if you want to talk about invasions and forced conversions then I suggest you check out the last 10 years of Muhammad's life, the Moorish Empire and the Ottoman Empire.

20. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

I see you are a patriot lol. Everybody else knows why euroamerica bombed Saddam and ghaddafi, maybe one day when the end nears you will accept that . The truth is hard to accept even for a fundamentalist

- - - Updated - - -

Just like what the crusades did

21. Ronstar

im not a Christian, so it ain't my problem, bro

22. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

Is it ok for Euro to do it but not Saladin?

23. Ronstar

we're not talking about 1,000 years ago, bro

24. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

You are a gentile as were they so it is ur problem in less if gonna say " I wasn't alive then " lol

- - - Updated - - -

I am, you can't draw the line in the sand here the world didn't begin then, are you a creationist

25. Ronstar

I am a Jew, not a Gentile.