George HW Bush is wrong to blame Cheney and Rumsfeld for Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Margot2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I doubt this will help Jeb in this election cycle.. Papa Bush should have used his influence over Dubya to try and prevent the US adventure in Iraq.

George HW Bush is wrong to blame Cheney and Rumsfeld for Iraq

http://theindianrepublic.com/george-hw-bush-is-wrong-to-blame-cheney-and-rumsfeld-for-1577.html

The controversy over revelations made by President George H.W. Bush in a new biography could spell trouble for the struggling presidential campaign of his son, Jeb Bush.

The forum Sunday in Dallas comes two days before biographer Jon Meacham's "Destiny and Power" becomes publicly available.

Bush wrote his diary at the time that the proposal was "strange and unbelievable", a new biography about the 41st president revealed.

In a Sunday interview on CNN, Trump said Atwater asked him about the running mate post, and claimed that the Bush adviser told him he would "be great" in the job.

"This is a man who turned on the tape recorder and told the truth".

"Dad, Gampy, he was overshadowed by a very transformative president, in that he is a one-term president as well", George W. Bush said earlier this year.

Bush and George H.W. Bush walk the sidelines before the game between the San Francisco 49ers and Houston Texans at Reliant Stadium on October 25, 2009 in Houston, Texas.

In 1965, after losing an election to the US Senate, Mr Bush, at 41, declared his intention to become president.

The younger Bush said he did not realize his father kept such meticulous diaries throughout much of his political life.

Former USA president George Bush says he may have downplayed how much he sought advice from his father during his presidency.

"When you write the book on me, you're not going to find anyone predicting I'm going to be president", George W Bush quipped. The book included reference to a fax the elder Bush sent to his son after the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

According to The NY Times, Bush's evolution on marriage equality is described in the book.