Mitt Romney leads New Hampshire poll.... but still not running.

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by DennisTate, Nov 22, 2015.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Mr. Mitt Romney is certainly in an interesting position isn't he?

I cannot remember any other defeated Presidential candidates who became so popular afterwards.

I personally would love to see him enter the race.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...not-running/TeFU5B7itF5nqCyvGrf9HL/story.html

Mitt Romney leads New Hampshire poll—no, he’s still not running

2. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

The American people know they made a mistake with Obama. He hates the U.S. and is doing everything he can to knock it down, to make it just one nation among many ... no more significant than Peru, or the Czech Republic.

Mitt would have been a great president, and he actually loves this country (what a concept!). He believes in American exceptionalism.

DennisTate likes this.
  3. DennisTate

Yes....... I absolutely agree with you that Mitt would have made a fantastic President.

I am still hopeful that he will enter the race. He still has plenty of time to win the G. O. P. nomination.

4. DennisTate

I totally agree!

http://thehill.com/opinion/brent-budowsky/258448-brent-budowsky-mitt-romney-in-2016

5. DennisTate

6. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

If the establishment wants Romney to run, they had better get him in the race ASAP. The filing deadline has already passed in four states and eleven more filing deadlines will pass in December.

7. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

Perhaps Mitt should reconsider.

8. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

I listed to that video posted here of the Romney on Trump.

Where did Trump ever say that we should let ISIS take Syria (and then take them out) ?

9. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Trump has repeatedly said that we should let ISIS and the Russians fight and then pick up the pieces when it's all over. That could be interpreted as him saying that we should let ISIS take over Syria and then move in to take them out.

10. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Banned

I cannot believe that you guys even consider a serial loser like Romney to join the race. It's sheer desperation. Come on, Mitt Romney has lost every single presidential election in which he's ever competed. Do you honestly think that the guy who failed to win the nomination against McCain in 2008(the weakest Republican candidate ever) is the best what the Republicans can offer? Republicans are turning themselves into a laughing stock. Either you sort yourselves out, or Hillary will impose her terror on you for another 8 years.

11. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

Romney had his crack at it, twice. Now I do not know about New Hampshire, but he is a sure loser in Georgia. He made too many enemies down here with all his negative personal attacks against Gingrich which still has some Republicans peeved at him. Besides Romney only got 25% of the Republican primary vote in 2012.

He would have a hard time carrying any southern state against Trump, Carson, Rubio and Cruz.

12. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

No actually Romney believes in Hedge Fund exceptionalism, particularly in the area of favorable income tax treatment.

13. DennisTate

I personally rather like The Donald and am hoping that he will do what he needs to do to make this one an interesting race right up until the Republican Party finally chooses a leader.

One of the weaknesses in The Donald's platform is his lack of a real personal spirituality.

I do have a possible remedy in mind for that little glitch........ one option is to choose Mr. Dannion Brinkley to become V. P. candidate with him......… or at least make plans to use Dannion to assist with Veterans Affairs.

http://www.politicalforum.com/elect...on-brinkley-v-p-2016-presiden-usa-2024-a.html

Dannion Brinkley for V. P. in 2016 and President of the USA in 2024.

Two time near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley has no idea that I am doing this….. but I do believe that when he eventually reads this discussion he will at the minimum seriously consider my offer.

I believe that his Twilight Brigade is one of the most seriously cool charities that has recently been created in the United States.

http://www.dannion.com/the-twilight-brigade/

The Twilight Brigade
    A pretty major motion picture about his life was produced starring Eric Roberts.

14. DennisTate

I read one theory that has him agreeing to run beginning in February.

To my thinking that seems kind of late but............… it would sure give him something of a savior on a white horse aura?!

15. Pronin24

Pronin24 New Member

Donald Trump is better. Romney is a looser.

16. perotista

Right now Trump is making some of the same mistakes Romney made in the 2012 primaries. Personal negative attacks some of the other candidates. There will be some of the other candidates supporters who refuse to vote or support Trump because of those attacks come the general. Bruised feelings sometimes never heals and that can at times lead to downright hatred.

17. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Mornin Pero. [​IMG] Romney needs to stay out to pasture. His time has come and gone. [​IMG]

Moreover Bush will stay in the game just to make sure that Romney doesn't think about jumping back in.

18. DennisTate

Personally........ I like Mr. Jeb Bush and feel that he has great potential to improve relations between the USA and Mexico and all of South America.

The fact that he has a degree in Latin American Affairs and is married to a woman from Mexico make him extremely useful, perhaps even as V. P???

But........ Mr. Mitt Romney is not scared of Mr. Jeb Bush................ and Jeb still being in the race will not intimidate him....... actually....... a prediction I made a few months ago is now becoming more relevant:

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...mney-vs-mitt-plus-jeb-vs-hillary-clinton.html

Jeb Bush vs Mitt Romney vs Mitt plus Jeb…. vs Hillary Clinton?

I have to admit that a four way poll would tend to give more accurate results.

1. Jeb Bush
    2. Mitt Romney
    3 Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush for V. P.
    4 Hillary Clinton

19. DennisTate

True........ I personally believe that serious candidates for President could effectively use the principles elaborated on in the film "The Secret."

Each of the major leaders in the G. O. P. race have potential to accomplish a great deal in the next administration.

http://www.thesecret.tv/stories/thank-you-ryback/

20. DennisTate

The Donald has some advantages even over Mr. Mitt Romney.

I feel that one of them is that The Donald is more likely to tell the American people about the real causes behind the stock market fall of 2008.

http://www.politicalforum.com/econo...our-billion-dollars-how-can-we-do-2013-a.html

President Lincoln saved taxpayers four billion dollars...how can we do this in 2013?

I was given a copy of this article in 1994.

After reading this article those lectures from Economics 101, 212 and Economic History sure took on a whole new level of importance.

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm
    Melvin Sickler:

OK, so how do we apply this information in 2013 without scaring the guys on Wallstreet, who have a tendency to go out on their balconies and jump, if investors get scared....which actually could happen even if government did something intelligent!!!!!???????

21. DennisTate

I could be wrong....... but I believe that ideas like this........ are a bit like us squabbling over peanuts laying in the dirt.......... at the same time that a massive banquet is sitting there in front of us but obscured from obvious view by a curtain that needs to be flipped back????!

I personally see The Donald as somebody with the courage to tackle this confusing subject!

To my thinking......… that is one of the major services that he can do for America and the whole world over the coming 11 plus months!

http://www.politicalforum.com/economics-trade/428423-moses-moshe-brilliant-economist.html

Was Moses - Moshe a brilliant economist?

Is the following statement one of the most accurate ideas regarding what we human beings are actually capable of IF..............we can actually agree on the need for a particular project?

.........…

Ecclesiastes 10:19

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

Could it be possible for money to answer.......ALL modern world problems???????????!

22. perotista

Bush will stay in the game, he has the endorsement lead and a huge money advantage. But so far he is going nowhere which at this point in the game isn't a hindrance considering money and endorsements. He'll probably stay in until Florida banking on a win there. Then it will probably be bye, bye.

23. DennisTate

Another exceptionally well informed poster on this forum felt that Mr. Jeb Bush would probably accept a V. P. nomination from the leader that he likes the most.........… or at least from the one who he feels he can assist to beat Hillary!

Notice post #18 on page 2 in this discussion where I quoted them.

24. perotista

That all depends on the numbers after the next election although Obama did set the precedence of the phone and pen to bypass congress. Choosing which laws to enforce and which one not to and changing written law via executive order. So whomever is the next president will have more power utilizing what the present president has done.

But in reality there are some things that can be done with only congressional approval or passed legislation. The way it looks today, the GOP will retain the House losing around 15 seats but lose control of the senate with a 5 seat loss. So whoever wins the presidency next year will be looking at one chamber of congress in the opposite party's hand.

I usually weigh what any candidate says, promises with the numbers. As is usually all candidates are promising things they can't deliver. But that is what we, the voters want to hear and we fall for it every time.

25. DennisTate

If....... one of the theoretical physicists who post to this forum is correct in his take on Multiverse Theory........ then it is possible for different time lines to be created in which all of the major leaders eventually serve as President of the United States???????

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...osophical-implications-multiverse-theory.html

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

I have suspected for about fifteen years that that time is not limited to being one straight line but instead branches.

Over in another thread I just received a very specific and pretty amazing explanation for this that is in the language spoken by high level theoretical physicists.

If........ you and I have been thinking seriously about changing our diet, becoming more physically active, well now we have another possible motivator?!

The new and improved version of you and I may well get to live out life over and over and over again many times over nearly infinite time in the future, for each time that a moment within our lifetime is recreated and time is spun off in a new possible direction based on different choices that we are all free to make?!

http://www.politicalforum.com/science/400055-off-chart-universal-multiversal-models-33.html