The State Loves You...

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Natty Bumpo, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

... like your surrogate mother______.

[​IMG]

It has happened before. People ravaged by fear have turned to big, intrusive government, submitting to the almighty State to defend them against whatever "others" - within as well as without - occasion their chickenhearted panic - expense to freedom and to the general coffers be damned.

These snivelers cower behind their Big Bully as they stridently point out the various folks they crave to see cudgeled by the almighty and intrusive hammer-wielding arm of an all-powerful political authority, their supreme babysitter and protector of their wetted beds.

[​IMG]
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

Gaius_Marius likes this.
  2. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't trust big government. That's why I'm a conservative Republican.

Liberal Democrats work tirelessly to increase the size and scope of the federal government.

3. Gaius_Marius

Gaius_Marius Well-Known Member Past Donor

Big government is not the problem. A big social government that lifts everyone into a worthy living is not the same as a big government based on law enforcement, military and surveillance.
    I don't trust those that want to expand the security state at the cost of social programs and education. That is the lesson you should take from Orwell.

Now... Compare your two parties and tell me where they fall.

PeppermintTwist likes this.
  4. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

What you fail to understand is a government cannot lift everyone up without pushing others down. Think.

5. Gaius_Marius

If you think the super wealthy and corporations will feel any difference you are wrong. They have too much already. The laissez faire attitude we have allowed for the accumulation of personal wealth is coming to an end.

6. EggKiller

You seriously think only the super wealthy and corporations will be taxed for all your pet projects. Reality check required.
    If that were at all feasible there would be no taxes for the middle class already and no govt debt. Think.
    The super wealthy and corporations will just move out of the country. Why be punished for producing value for the unappreciative?
    You may also want to look up the definition of laissez faire. Whoever gave you the notion these practices are in effect is woefully mistaken.

7. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

I dont trust a government that does either.

8. Gaius_Marius

It works fine where I am. Let them move (they wont). The power lies with the state. Not the wealthy and corporations.

9. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

Dr. Ben Carson and Donald Trump are Penny Dreadfuls.

10. Gaius_Marius

Much bad can be said about nationalism and indoctrination by schools in national curriculum's but it is still better than the fragmented states of old. Italian cities killed each other for millennia until national education eradicated the most extreme local patriotism.

The better educated the citizens are the less violent and criminal they are.
    I don't trust home schooling. We have national school systems that still teach a lot of nationalism and very little European identity. Part of the reason why you still have major distrust towards the European project.
    I am not sure how much power the federal government has over education in the USA. But more than the EU for sure.

11. EggKiller

My apologies but an iPad does not allow me to decode the flags you have posted. Ariel waste I see is a fictional place. Therefor I have no idea where you are.
    Here in the US we have or shall I say had a natural aversion to the federal govt having too much power over the people.
    A government strong enough to give you everything you want is also strong enough to take everything you have. Personally I consider dignity to be at the top of that list. I realize fewer and fewer people are concerned with dignity and self respect these days. That may be fine for people's of other countries but here in the US lack of self respect has caused much deteoriation of society. All our inner city crime is directly related to lack of respect and it's spreading.

12. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

While the OP does make some good points, the fact that a liberal suddenly thinks that the State DOESN'T love you is pretty ironic. Is Natty coming around? Or will he continue to believe that Big Government is only bad when the "other party" does it? My money is on the latter.

13. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Replace "illegal aliens" with "guns" and you'd have a leftist wet dream.

14. Longshot

Longshot Well-Known Member

The state is a product of the symbiotic relationship between authoritarians and authoritarian followers. Both condone the initiation of aggression against the person and property of people who have harmed no one. Statists and their apologists are nothing more than schoolyard bullies writ large.

15. Natty Bumpo

Those ubiquitous "Leftists" seem to inspire many a wacko bird's wet bed.

16. Natty Bumpo

Ideally, the state is the mechanism of the self-governed self-governing.

The endorsement and support of neo-nazis and white supremacists for the Trump suggest a radical shift to authoritarianism.

17. Longshot

I have no issue at all with someone self-governing. It's their desire to engage in other-governing with which I have a problem. Statists condone the initiation of aggression against others. To me, that's unjustified.

Absolutely. He's an authoritarian through and throught. But so are all the other candidates.

18. Natty Bumpo

As a practical, pragmatic matter, where in the world is your personal utopia to be found?

19. Longshot

Utopia doesn't exist. That what "utopia"means.

20. Natty Bumpo

So, your alternative to governance is fantasy?

21. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

And yet when it comes to guns, you'd be just fine with the stormtroopers going in wouldn't you?

22. Longshot

Not sure what you mean by "your alternative to governance". I hope I didn't give any impression that there is any alternative to governance.

I was just agreeing with your OP: "These snivelers cower behind their Big Bully as they stridently point out the various folks they crave to see cudgeled by the almighty and intrusive hammer-wielding arm of an all-powerful political authority, their supreme babysitter and protector of their wetted beds."

I assumed that by "Big Bully" you meant the state and its initiation of aggression against people who have harmed nobody. I'm not one of those lying in a wetted bed seeking for the big bully to cudgel my fellow man who has harmed nobody.

23. vnct

vnct New Member

if trump is successful in deporting only a fraction of illegal immigrants, it will be an accomplishment.

24. Natty Bumpo

Why would you imagine such a thing? I have said nothing about your "stormtroopers" going in anywhere?

25. Natty Bumpo

Obviously, since all human societies form governments, it would be both gratuitously petulant and downright silly for me to issue a meaningless blanket indictment of all human societies, merely the irration-fear-crazed within a society that would cling to a tyrant who would direct the State's intrusive potential against their boogie man "others.