Why we need Feminism?

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by Ritter, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

2. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Okay. So, first of all this is not even 33 reasons. As many of listed reasons are just the same ones mentioned over and over again the result of counting each reason only once, one would note that the name of the list should be "10 resons..." or at best "15 reasons..". The issue of rape, sexism and objectification in mass media together with how women are treated in the "Third World" are repeated at least 5 times each.

Anyhow, repetetive rhetorics and contradictions combined with a dose of bollox has come to be the epitome of Feminism, so cannot really say I am surprised this list was not an exception to that rule. Now let us dig deeper into each of the reasons, one by one.

1. This is primarily a result of Feminism itself, namely the sexual revolution. What was supposed to be the "sexual liberation" of woman got kidnapped by Capitalist intrests and today we have ads like the D&G one. In addition it is all a question of "supply and demand". The day these type of ads stop generating sells they will no longer be around.

2. Fine. It is not like this in any way is emblematic for Feminism or as they have monopoly on the issue of abortion. Important to add to this, though, is that there actually are many women who do not like killing their own kids but the most fun thing of all is that they actually manage to contradict themselves on this one further below.

3. Again, sexual revolution+capitalism. Beautiful and sexy women together with masculine men is apparently what we as customers want.

4. How the f- can this even be a serious queation for what is supposed to be a serious political movement? Facebook is a private company and instead of crying over what you can or cannot do on there, the best thing you could do would be to boycott the whole site. SImple.

5. Oh, what you can and cannot do on Facebook is brought up..Again! Is the rules of Facebook really ths important to the Feminist movemeny?

6. Finally a real problem.

7. Yet again; "supply+demand". Just get it already! Furthermore, these agencies are privately owned. Since Feminism is a Communist ideology I am not surprised they oppose a free market, but it is getting tiredsome already. Of course, you are allowed to think it is distasteful and immoral to hire anorectic models, but the current situation is clearly to prefer over everything being owned and ruled by the state.

8. Discrimination affects every group of society in any setting. In this very case I do not really get what they are trying to say. Becoming a mother is a bad thing?

9. Oh, there it was. The famous myth of the "pay gap" that soooo mysteriously dissappears when you actually compare apples with apples. Any minimum differences that still might occur is due to the fact that women are more likely to be home with a sick child or to take out a longer period of parental leave.

10. Critizing rape in the "Third World" that does not even have the same juridication as "we". Also, I wonder since when Feminism became this imperialistic?

11. And there are people who think it is rape even though she gave consent *cough* *cough*. Joke aside this is a problem, I'll give them that, but this whole issue of rape is repeated way to often throughout this list.

12. Though I question those numbers this too is a problem, since it is still about the very same issue as above- Rape.

13. What?

14. This is not entirely true and is even something that Feminist academians within the field of "gender studies" have problematized and debunked as not entirely true and as something that forces women to be victims. Great work Feminists, you just contradicted your own sisters. :thumbsup: In addition sexual vuolence has always and will always be part of war. Feminism cannot stop this.

15. Objectification in mass media AGAIN. Still a result of the "sexual revolution" and Capitalism.

16. What?

17. Rape, again. You've mentioned this already.

18. Rape in the Third World again.

19. Sexism again. Because anything that in any way can be connected to traditional gender roles is evil and nothing but evil for no real reason at all.

20. Rape-issue again.

21. And again.

22. Lmao. A page with less than 2000 likes at a community with several 100 million users is something to cry about? Give me a break. And again how can what is happening on Facebook be so damn important? Rather unserious to raise this "issue" in my opinion.

23. How women are treated in the "Third World" is once again brought up. In addition this is also an issue that many Feminist scholars have addressed and problematized as not really being an issue of misogyny or whatever at all. Once again we note this imperialistic nature that I did not know Feminism had before and once again it is clear they have not even read the literature of their co-sisters. :)

24. A real problem and the solution is legalizing prostitution, not Femnism and sex-ed in Kindergarden.

25. Yeah, such a great "raison d'ĂȘtre. We need Feminism to spread awareness about Feminism? In that case we need misogyny to spread awareness about that too, right?

26. Objectification in mass media AGAIN. JESUS! "Sexual reolution"+supply/demand. Get it already!

27. Although a real problem this has already been mentioned!

28. Sounds strange.

29. Sexism AGAIN. Yikes.

30. No, I have a better idea; 1. If you do not like the game, don't buy it or 2. Develop your own games. This is again a result of supply+demand. How damn hard can it be to grasp this fact?

31. Oh, so now a woman's choice to have an abortion is problem and stops being a right, huh? Hypocrite!

32. So the solution is to outlaw any criticism of Feminism? How democratic and insightful; We need Feminism because there are people who criticize it. Sh-t reason.

33. Because f-k the law! You are guilty even though proen not guilty! :D And once again they mention rape for the 10th time or so.

Ugh. Such a stupid list. :)

3. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Feminists speak for women the same way the KKK speaks for white people. They don't.

The KKK speaks for the KKK and feminists speak for feminists.

4. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

??????????????????????????????????????????????

5. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

Feminism is just special interest like BLM - it's outlived it's original purpose and is now just a caricature of itself.

The feminist websites I've seen do more to re-enforce the stereotypes about women being fragile, defenseless creatures than anything else. Apparently major "issues" of oppression on those lunatic fringe websites are such travesties as "youtube trolls", "women having to wear high heels at the Oscar's, etc" - yet at the same time they want us to believe that a woman who feels oppressed by high heels is strong enough to serve in military special forces. What a joke... :smile: