Favorite foods while under the influence

Discussion in 'Food and Wine' started by Junkieturtle, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

What are your favorite foods to eat while under the influence of the various substances that people like to be under the influence of?

For me, I've never really had much of a sweet tooth, except when it comes to a few combinations of chocolate and peanut butter(Reese's cups, I'm looking right at ya). So "munchies" for me has always been for real food, even if it's no better for ya than the sugary stuff.

Pizza, chicken wings, microwaved steak(I know I know, that sounds bad, but there's something about eating the leftover steak the day after when you microwave it that is so good. Maybe it's the way the microwave causes the juices to heat everything else up, I dunno).

A buddy and I in college used to end party nights by making a big pot of spaghetti that we'd load up with chedder and pepperjack cheeses.

But my all time favorite food under the influence of anything:

Steak and eggs, with rye toast and homefries, with ketchup and some hot sauce and steak sauce, and pepper sprinkled over everything.

Come to think of it, that's one of my favorite foods at any time, ever.

Also, as a result of my mother making steak and homemade macaroni and cheese as a combination, I now enjoy steak sauce on macaroni and cheese, even when there's no steak.

2. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

When drunk, I like a big plate of poutine.

At all other times and in most other conditions, I'll take a decent steak every time.

3. scarlet witch

scarlet witch Well-Known Member Past Donor

looooove red cherries and red wine...
    P1440164.jpg

4. michiganFats

michiganFats New Member

When I've been drinking nothing beats Jack in the Box tacos.

5. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    `

Suburpia or Cousins sub sandwiches.

6. mbk734

mbk734 Well-Known Member

Anything deep fried: pickles, chicken, chimichangas, calamari, fries, onion rings, cheese curds, jalapeños, etc.

7. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Well, if the rush is caused by some of that Jamaican stuff, I like potato crisps. But if we are talking about that liquid thingy, I guess anything with loads and loads of fat. Preferably a döner kebab, maybe. :p

8. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

There used to be this 24/7 dive dinner we would go to to eat fried mushrooms, especially when we were more than a little fried ourselves. You would get a ton of them so hot the greasy oil inside them would scald your tongue, but they were sooooo good. After the owners of that place retired early with the assistance of the health department, it became these insanely awesome chili dogs from a 24/7 convenience store in the absolute sketchiest part of the city, but they were oh so good...well until about two hours later when you were laying there face down praying to die if you couldn't manage to work up a poop capable of reaching the ceiling that would also free you up to go back for another one before your 8 am class. They closed the bridge across the river to that place so you had to go the long way through the for reals hood to get to it so that ended as well because instead of the quick in and out,you would then have to go down the road that had gunfire practically every night to get to the place. After that I quit smoking up and never had cravings related to booze consumption.