Should people on the no-fly list be able to buy guns?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by MMC, Dec 8, 2015.

?

Should people on the no-fly list be able to buy guns?

1. Yes

26.9%
  2. No

61.5%
  3. Not sure

11.5%
  4. "What" theres a list?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

This is what BO and the Democrats wanted passed but was shot down. BO wanted one reason why the Repubs would say no. It's called the Constitution. What say ye.

Should people on the No Fly List be able to buy guns?

2. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

For as long as there is no due process, no notification, no way to challenge, no process to be removed, and secrecy involved in being included on the no-fly-list, we cannot constitutionally use it to arbitrarily infringe a Citizen's 2A rights.

Interestingly, I voted YES, but was registered as a NO. Clearly some sort of left-wing gun-grabber conspiracy! (or possibly a poorly aimed mouseclick)

3. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Exactly, and if people are not charged with any crime. Then there is no reason to infringe on their liberty. Yet this is what BO peep was up in front of cameras and stating.

4. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

They shouldn't be banned from buying guns based on the No Fly list, which does not have the protections that the U.S. Constitution grants for rights. According to the 5th and 14th amendments, rights (including the right to bear arms) can only be taken away by due process. Due process involves some sort of hearing which the accused is allowed to defend themselves. Every other reason we ban gun ownership involves due process--felony conviction, domestic violence misdemeanor conviction, dishonorable discharge from the military, and mental illness which causes one to be involuntarily committed to a mental hospital.

That said, the FBI is already informed of anytime someone on the Terrorist Watch list tries to buy a gun via NICS. They should investigate ASAP.

Also, most people on the Terrorist Watch list aren't even residents of America, so it's kind of a moot point.

5. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Not to mention some people don't even know if they have been put on the list. Don't forget they had like 70 some of our TSA people on the list.

Still Feinstein pushed it, and BO tried to double down on it.

6. RedDirtWalker

RedDirtWalker Well-Known Member

I put "not sure" based upon the fact that the list is currently unknowable for the general masses. If they wanted to make the list available for review by people and put in a method for a person to be removed from the list within a very short time period I would be open to discuss.

Have to remember they are portraying the people the value our constitution as unreasonable. So you don't say no you give a "reasonable" counteroffer and see what they do. Then we can claim they are being unreasonable.

7. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

all depends on why they are on the list and if they can easily contest it in court

8. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Exactly ted kennedy was on the no fly list these last group of terrorists were not. According to Obamas rules...ted kennedy would be denied access but the terrorists would still have gone on as they did. The no fly list is nothing more than another attempt by the left to backdoor gun grab. Its why they wont tell you how exactly it will work. Basically lefties like Obamas ilk will put you on there at a feverish pace and if you think clearing up identity fraud is bad...you will bead long before your name is ever removed from that list. Gun grabbing plan b in effect. It isnt going to work either. If you dont like guns your optiom is to move to another country.

9. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Here my Italian background comes out ... despite I'm conservative, I tend to imagine that if an authority has got some suspicion on an individual and it puts it on a no-fly list, there is a valid reason not to allow that subject to buy a weapon.

10. Hotdogr

If they would sell this HONESTLY to the American People, it would sound something like this:

For immediate release:
    "Excellent news! We are compiling a secret list of bad guys that we don't think should be able to legally buy a gun. This should hopefully keep some bad guys from buying guns at a Cabela's. We, alone, will decide who goes on that list, but we can't tell you what the criteria behind our decision was (sorry). We won't notify you that you've been added to the list, nor will we tell you WHY you were added (sorry). So, we aren't going to give you any hearing to be able to dispute your inclusion, AND we aren't going to give you any way to request a review or to reverse our decision. Once you have been added to the list, we aren't going to give you any way to get off of it. (sorry)".

Somehow, I don't think this level of truth would gain the traction that the official position did.

- - - Updated - - -

You have WAY more trust in the integrity of your government than I have in mine.

11. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

The problem is that there are no checks and balances as to how the list is produced. A man was put on the list for being on a "preppers" mailing list.

12. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

We need to prevent terrorists like US Senator Ted Kennedy was and was on the no-fly-list from being able to buy a gun, definitely and particularly since 100% of mass shooters were on the no-fly list, right?

YOU might be on the no-fly list. It is not advertised. To be on the safeside regardless, you shouldn't be able to buy a gun. I should, but not you.

Congress should pass a resolution condemning the past service in the US Senate. It is outrageous that he was ever allowed to serve and its time to recognize the terrorist that he was.

13. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

The contempt Obama has for the Bill Of Rights is unlimited.

Since Obama is acting as an agent for ISIS - giving them advance warnings of air attacks, advising them to use civilians as human shields because our policy is then not to attack and giving advance notice of troop counts, rules of engagement and tactics to ISIS, Obama should be at the TOP of the no-fly-list.

14. AlpinLuke

No, in Italy it's not the government to put you on a no-fly zone, but a magistrate ... Italians don't trust at all the government at Rome. We like to say that Italians carry on DESPITE the government at Rome.

15. AlpinLuke

This is a problem ... are there no laws about the composition of this list?

16. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

They should not be allowed to buy guns.

17. BleedingHeadKen

BleedingHeadKen Well-Known Member Past Donor

They shouldn't even be banned from flying.

18. MiddleGround

MiddleGround New Member

No, they should not. Seems pretty obvious to me. I'm not even a liberal.

19. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

People have been put on the list all due to one of their friends or family member knowing someone. Like an acquaintance of someone else.

Sounds like that would be unreasonable to me.

20. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Why should those on the list not be allowed to buy guns? Did they commit a crime or something. Or do you always stand for taking away someone's civil liberty. For being on a list.

- - - Updated - - -

That is true.....even those with criminal records in their past can fly, huh?

21. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Banning gun ownership because you are on the no fly list is a typical DNC bumper sticker slogan. It sounds reasonable at first glance and is readily accepted by those who do not care or dare to look deeper

22. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Mornin Sawyer. [​IMG] Which Obama aka BO the Peep. Was able to utter that BS out of his mouth. While not having to answer for what came out of his mouth.

Same with Feinstein who Intro-d' the Bill.

Why wasn't she called out on it? Why was she allowed to waste the American Peoples time and money with her.....emotional touchy little feelings.

Why wasn't she mocked publicly? Why is she allowed to Walk around in public without taking heat for what She Uttered out of her big mouth.

People should be talking about her mental capacity and how much it lacks.

These Libs need to feel their shame and the disgrace they are to all around them.

23. Ockham

Ockham New Member

I had to say "not sure" - the no fly list is not very accurate so first thing is to make that no fly list accurate for multiple other reasons. Second, I agree that Constitutional rights cannot be revoked without due process ... now I could possibly agree to a temporary delay of 2A rights but there has to be a ceiling on that - so if Muhammad Tasique who is a US born Muslim, has no ties to terrorism, is 62 years old, was last in the ME in 1991, and wants to buy a new Beretta over under for duck hunting .... we should be able to quickly and accurately differentiate him from a 21 year old radicalized Muhammad Tassique from Syria, who's been tracked by the NSA and has ties to radical mosques and has been questioned by the FBI three times who wants to buy 500 gallons of liquid fertilizer and 150 gallons of hydrogen peroxide.

I know that's asking a lot - but we as a country, should be able to do that.

24. Hotdogr

I have a couple of basic questions for the proponents of banning no-fly-list gun purchases:

- If suspected terrorists on the no-fly-list are too dangerous to be allowed to buy a gun, why do we allow them to roam freely in our society?
    - If they are too dangerous to be allowed to board an aircraft, why are they not too dangerous to enter a shopping mall?

25. JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack New Member

Considering the fact that Obama doesn't use the constitution, unless it can be distorted into pushing a particular agenda, he won't accept the premise that the constitution is reason their request is total BS.

First and foremost the list is wrong and cannot be trusted.

Secondly, if these are people who indeed are a threat, because they are associated with terrorists, and participating in terrorism, they need to be arrested, prosecuted, and properly placed in front of a firing squad, not placed on some nansy pansy list.