Trump Issues Twitter Warning Shot to Cruz After Reported Critique

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

In many regards, I think Trump is pathological.

I don't think he can stop himself from responding to every stupid critique out there. In this case, using the ever awesome social media, where he can simply ignore rebuttals or even block them if he chooses.

Again, bloviation and bluster seem to be part of Trump's campaign, if not it's very core. In this case challenging Cruz to what appears to be a flamefest, along with a self congratulatory bit of nonsense.

Note to Trump. Bachmann when the Iowa straw poll 4 years ago and considered herself the frontrunner too. How did that work out for her?

I digress.

At what point do Trump's supporters consider the possibility that a man who goes to war on literally every slight, no matter how small or what the circumstances, may not be a good leader?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...ing-shot-cruz-after-reported-critique-n478311

fter reports that Ted Cruz raised questions about Donald Trump's judgment this week at a closed-door fundraiser, it was only a matter of time before the real estate mogul went on the offensive.

On Friday morning, Trump tweeted that Cruz "is getting ready to attack" and painted the Texas senator as beholden to donor "bosses."

Cruz has studiously avoided publicly criticizing the Republican frontrunner, and Trump had previously spared Cruz from his trademark attacks. But the newest exchange comes after a New York Times report that Cruz suggested to donors in a private meeting that he doubted Trump's "judgment" to be commander in chief.

ruz's campaign called that report "misleading" on Thursday, but did not dispute the nature of Cruz's emphasis on "judgment."

"In the course of a Presidential election, the voters are going to make a decision about every candidate," the campaign said in a statement. "And ultimately the decision is, who has the right judgment and the right experience to serve as Commander in Chief?"

While Trump continues to lead in national and most early state polls, Cruz has recently gained significant ground in the key first caucus state of Iow

2. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

"Although she won the Ames Straw Poll hosted by the Iowa GOP on August 13, 2011, becoming the first woman ever to win the poll,[230] when the actual caucuses were held on January 3, 2012, she finished sixth with 4.98% of the vote. Bachmann announced on January 4 that she would be cancelling her scheduled campaign trips to South Carolina,[231] as she was suspending her presidential campaign.[232]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann#2012_presidential_campaign

That's very different, in my opinion, from Trump's position, who has had a double digit lead on all of his other competitors since the beginning of his campaign. Bachmann never had that, so I find the comparison to be spurious.

I don't see how Trump's mild response to criticism from Ted Cruz is evidence of anything more than there's a political battle going on for the GOP nomination. There will be more of this political back and forth for much of the next year.

3. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

Trump has to verbally attack Cruz in order that Cruz stays low in the polls.

4. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

You are correct, trump has lead every national poll for months. If he doesn't win the nomination it will be the first time anyone lead in every early primary state poll and didn't get the nomination.

5. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I think Cruz is playing this very wisely. Although it has not happened yet, and at this point it seems very unlikely, there is the possibility of Trump going too far and losing support from the base. Cruz would likely take the lead at that point, since he is positioned to take any voters who might drop Trump.

I'm good with either choice at this point.

6. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

"At what point do Trump's supporters consider the possibility that a man who goes to war on literally every slight, no matter how small or what the circumstances, may not be a good leader?"

Trump supports will never see that the truth as Jeb Bush said Trump is "unhinged". Trump supporters believe because they want to believe. It is a emotional and maybe even a sexual attraction - even a subliminal homosexual one. they love their Trump and they want to believe that he will deliver all them to the promised land. As I said before Trump could droop his drawers fart in their faces and they would think that they are smelling a fine French perfume.

7. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Agreed..dead on analysis.

8. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

Surprised you're ok with a third world minority...is the half white side good enough?

9. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

I think that Cruz will not take the bait and will fight Trump in the open if at all. Cruz is trying to inherited Trumps voters if Trump ever collapses, which is not very likely and/or Cruz is keeping the door open to be named Trump's Palin. Trump is just playing with and testing the little weasel faced lab rat. You know Veep would be pretty good for a blow hard l who was not even born in the US.

10. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Watching Trump and Cruz go at it would be like watching two greased pigs wallowing in the mud.

11. BPman

BPman Banned

Either way it's a win/win for Conservatives. :wink: