Race-mixing not your thing?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by E_Pluribus_Venom, Dec 16, 2015.

?

Would you move to a town because of it's prohibitive stance on race-mixing?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  3. Not sure

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. E_Pluribus_Venom

E_Pluribus_Venom Well-Known Member

Would you move to a town where it's residents have subscribed to a philosophy that says "only our race can/should live here"? This isn't a question that should draw a "well, if I really like the home, school district, property taxes, etc." response. I'm asking if you'd move to such a town specifically due to it's residential exclusivity.

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErjPmFulQ0

If you would, why? If not, why not?

2. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

In short, no.

It seems to me that the mean and median intelligence in such a town would be substantially lower than what I would like to be surrounded by.

I don't think that (*)(*)(*)(*)ty people are (*)(*)(*)(*)ty because of the color of their skin, because of their religion, any other factor that can be negatively stereotyped. I think they are (*)(*)(*)(*)ty because they are ignorant.

btthegreat likes this.
  3. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I agree with Think for Myself.:smile:

4. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do not choose my place of residence based on the racial makeup of the neighborhood. I choose it based on my own best interest. "My best interest" is served by relevant factors like economic, security, education, entertainment, convenience, freedom, liberty, government. It may well be that those factors happen to serve "my best interest" when the racial makeup of the neighborhood happens to match my own race. But it does not play a factor in the decision until it places me at a significant enough disadvantage to offset the other factors.

5. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought this thread was about swirling.

Still no though.

6. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Native Americans are genetically half white and half Asian. For example, 46% of the Cherokees belong to the Indo-European haplogroup R1 and 50% of them are classified as the Asian haplogroup Q. Native Americans are originally from Siberia, which has been a racial melting pot for the past 30,000 years. Many native Siberians are also half white and half Asian (e.g. the Khanty, living in Khanty–Mansi Autonomous Okrug) as a result of racial mixing, which has been the norm in Siberia, and it's also part of my genetic makeup as well as many other Russians.

[​IMG]

7. DarkDaimon

DarkDaimon Well-Known Member

No, because people who want to segregate due to race also tend segregate due to other things like religion, sexual-preference, income, political affiliation, nationality, hair color, what brands you wear etc... These type of people have an over-inflated view of their self worth and a low opinion of opposing viewpoints. Plus who wants to live in a neighborhood that is all the same? I've seen those neighborhoods and it is like the freakin' stepford wives.

I live in a fairly diverse neighborhood. At dinner, I can step outside my house and expect to smell fajitas, BBQ ribs, spaghetti, and curry. What would I gain by moving to an all white neighborhood.

8. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

You mean like gene frequencies and brain volume?

I'm sure blacks and whites have, on average, equally large brains and gene frequencies...

9. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

Obviously yes, it is a much better place to live when there is social cohesion.

10. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

I don't like diversity of culture....but I certainly believe in the value of racial diversity. I'm thinking....there might be some kids in Vermont who have never seen a black person close up. This is a sad state of affairs.

11. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have no desire to live under Klan Overlords, and my cat wouldn't allow me to move, and he pretty much makes all the rules.....

12. Oxymoron

Why is it sad?What benefit is there in seeing a black person?

13. pwillie

pwillie Active Member Past Donor

....I like your photo shop....

14. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

No. If the town had that our race only policy, they wouldn't let me live there anyway regardless of the race of the town.

15. pwillie

you have fallen off the shelf.....

16. pwillie

If I was black(negroe) I wouldn't want to marry a white person,because look what happened to the Kenyon...(mixed marriage):roll::eyepopping:

17. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Oh there is a benefit to learning to see people instead of color. It's harder if a different color of skin is foreign to you.

18. Oxymoron

You did not answer the question, but rather went on a politically correct tangent.

19. ARDY

ARDY Well-Known Member Past Donor

There has been multi culturalism extending back to the romans and alexander the great

20. Oxymoron

My point still remains, I do not see how your post is relevant to mine.

21. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

I'm not politically correct. And I did answer your question. Try reading slower.

22. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

Why is that sad? Why not mention black African children who have never seen a white?

BTW, what is the benefit to having blacks in society (beyond rappers and basketball players)?

23. TBryant

TBryant Well-Known Member Past Donor

Unfortunately a cities (or neighborhoods) "stance" on racial issues is never published. At least not overtly.

I would not want to live where the race of the people moving in was a factor in how welcome they were. In any case.

24. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

I know many blacks who are an asset to our society. You don't know any? Evidently you only know blacks through other eyes...whether it be through the news or other people. Honestly....you have not had black friends, black neighbors? I'm just asking...Because a white person in a diverse environment such as myself...knows the difference between a black person who shares my like values and gives a lot to society and a black person caught up in black ghetto culture. That is the education racial diversity brings.

25. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

I wouldn't move to a place with an actually policy like this, because I know that the people running such a town would be authoritarian and so far right that they are falling of the scale. But if a place just happened to be all white (my race), I certainly wouldn't leave there out of some feeling that I "need more diversity". There is nothing inherently wrong with being surrounded by your own race, but if your town is full of rednecks who "don't take kindly", then you live in a town of ********s.