Why Mitt Romney lost in 2012. Hard to oust an incumbent President.

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by DennisTate, Dec 19, 2015.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I just got back the most succinct and logical explanations for why Mr. Mitt Romney lost the election back in 2012, that I have ever seen.

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=436586&page=5&p=1065664682#post1065664682

Senator John McCain wants Mitt Romney to run!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uses-talk-convention-floor-comeback/77238504/

2. MauriceLawrence96

MauriceLawrence96 New Member

I'm sure that's part of it, but had it been 2008, Obama would still win against Mitt.

3. DennisTate

Frankly...… President Obama probably would have won back in 2008.

Just last week I read an article with several quotations from the President that made me realize that he is a man both of courage as well as conviction. He is not your typical politician willing to say just about anything to get votes.

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...things-can-you-say-about-president-obama.html

What positive things can you say about President Obama?

For one thing....... the situation could be much much worse and President Obama has performed much better than many of my conservative friends felt that he might do.

I haven't read articles yet about thousand of Christian leaders being rounded up and put in concentration camps....... as many people expected to occur?!

I got an interesting analysis of President Obama a few moments ago.

https://www.facebook.com/DannionBrinkley4President2016/posts/10208493744205269?notif_t=page_wall

Mel Minitor:
    · Warrenville, SC, United States ·

................ Although I vehemently disagree with the content and the flavor of his words...… President Obama deserves credit for speaking the truth as he personally saw it at that time!

He is an astonishingly powerful public speaker and obviously his courage......… and willingness to have people angry with him..... are two of the reasons why he does such moving speeches and lectures.

4. DennisTate

But I don't think that Hillary can beat Mitt!

Here is an exceptionally insightful comment on Mr. Romney that I just read on Facebook.

5. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

The best minds in the GOP proclaimed that Landslide Willard was a shoe-in in '12.

I see no reason why he can't he repeat in '16.

[​IMG]

6. Natty Bumpo

Seriously, the current GOP nominative process is a sordid game of whack-a-mole. Whichever politician has the temerity to rise and challenge The Great Flatu gets smacked down by the media celebrity.

If Willard could keep low until convention time, he will have not only escaped a mugging by the Big Bopper, he will have avoided being lured further and further toward the lunatic right as happened last time when he had to try to scramble back to the centre, a bridge too far.

His brief stint in political office was as a Republican governor of the bluest of states where his signal achievement - individually-mandated health insurance coverage - became the model for the nation. Because of RomneyCare, that he championed and signed into law in 2006, Massachusetts has achieved the nation’s lowest uninsured rate.

He deserves to take back the credit for his accomplishment and run on it.

7. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

It seems to me that John McCain still has sour grapes from his loss back in 2008.

8. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

In Romney, we picked a squish. Let's not do that again.

McConnell: Hey. Let’s not nominate a bunch of crazy Tea Party people, folks!

Never trust a guy without a chin.

[​IMG]

McConnell took time out from his busy schedule of cutting budget deals with the Democrats selling out the GOP Base to caution everyone against going crazy next year and nominating a bunch of wacko birds who can’t possibly win. His sage counsel:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/263742-mcconnell-warns-gop-voters-we-need-candidates-who-can-win

McConnell wasn’t limiting his comments to Senate races though he did attempt some coyness:
    Every since he lied to Cruz' face, and Cruz publically called him a liar on the floor of the Senate, Mr. "No-Jaw" seems to have his nose a bit out of joint.

And let's see, what else is the Vice President? Oh year, PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE! :banana: That's too good to pass up!

[​IMG]

9. BPman

BPman Banned

10. Statistikhengst

Statistikhengst Well-Known Member

This is patently untrue and has been debunked many, many times over. The childish argument that Dems stole 10,000,000 votes in 2008 and 5,000,000 votes in 2012 is just absolutely ridiculous. It has already been statistically proven that true voter fraud in Ohio. for example, was 135 out of well more than 5,000,000 votes cast, or 0.0024% (twenty-four ten-thousandths of one percent).

11. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

12. DennisTate

Thank you for these encouraging statistics!

I had kind of suspected that the numbers were probably exaggerated.

One of the reasons why President Obama won again in 2012 is because voting for him was the politically correct thing to do....... and many seniors who wanted to vote for Mitt knew that their younger and cooler family members would practically ostracize them if they voted for Mitt and admitted to it!

13. clovisIII

clovisIII Well-Known Member

I can't even tell what your intentions are w this post, but you do realize that that interview w Obama is completely fabricated right? Since you post a link to another thread in which you make that observation I am not sure. PLease reassure me and let me know that you know that that is a complete fabrication. cheers

14. BPman

BPman Banned

By a Democrat regime? Are you drinking today? :roll:

15. Independent Thinker

Independent Thinker Active Member

That's true, but that's because the incumbent party in 2008 was Republican. The incumbent party can't a big recession.

16. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Ya know...after Romney got his ass handed to him...the GOP did a post mortem...and they found that Romney's dismissal of the economic lower HALF of the nations electorate and failure to capture anything like a significant number of Latino votes doomed him.

And that has changed how?

17. DennisTate

Actually, The Donald is in a perfect position to do something about this...…

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...donald-trump-can-great-president-because.html

Donald Trump can be a GREAT President because.......

… of his deep level of empathy with the greatest forces that are keeping the average American down!

I saw two documentaries about The Donald yesterday evening. When I saw the part about how he purchased the Taj Mahal through financing arranged by about twenty different banks. When I heard that he had agreed to pay them a high rate of interest. I knew that The Donald had been guided by G-d to have a deep empathy for the situation faced by President Abraham Lincoln.

...…

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm
    Melvin Sickler:

The Fed.......... is set up in such a way that it is extremely useful in causing significant boom and bust cycles..... which tend to break unions. To a segment of the population strong unions are one of the greatest evils in America and the whole world.

18. DennisTate

All I know is that the person who sent that to me has a pretty good track record so I assumed that the source was probably good.

If that article was actually fabricated, that is good, but if President Obama actually made those statements then that would indicate that he has considerable political courage?????!

19. Reality

Reality Well-Known Member

No one wants mitt romney to run. Mitt ROMNEY doesn't want mitt romney to run. His wife openly stated she'd divorce his ass if he ran. Let it go.

20. Lesh

Lesh Banned

If not Romney then WHO?

Christie?

21. Reality

Reality Well-Known Member

Christie is an idiot. No thanks. Rubio is damn near Clinton. Jeb is near Rubio and a bush so he shouldn't and cannot win respectively. I'd be OK with Paul but he'll never get the votes really unless this new bill he's put forward on the 2a gives him serious momentum. It's looking like trump Cruz. Which is still better than Clinton.

22. BPman

BPman Banned

I agree with this, although I don't believe Christie is an idiot per se. He's just a typical NJ politician and happens to be pro-amnesty & pro gun-control which negated him before he even got out of the chute. :wink:

23. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

Romney would have been a great president, much better than the clown we have now. But the takers outnumber the makers in the U.S. and his odds of winning were never very good.

24. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

It is of course not that simple. There were 135 cases recommended for voter fraud investigation in Ohio - that doesn't mean that's the max number of occurrences. That's like saying that the maximum number of times drugs were sold last year is the number of people prosecuted by the DoJ for illicit drug sales - it's just blatantly obvious that there more to it than that.

25. Natty Bumpo

The folks who are so peeved about the President, twice elected with popular majorities, like to imagine that his opponents whom they supported might have been better, so they disparage the American electorate for its preference. Sour grapes disposes them to malign the majority, not a strategy that is likely to expand their 90% White party.

Pretending that he was elected because of his father's race - after his ancestry would not have offered the remotest of chances against the racial pedigree of every one of his 42 predecessors - is a particularly silly rationale. Being a White male is an overwhelming advantage for a presidential candidate, and sporting such a typically presidential name as "Barack Obama" is hardly an asset.

As a POTUS consistently assessed as mediocre by most Americans, railing about foreign birth, madrasa indoctrination, communist agendas, and mincing around with images depicting him as an African witch doctor (for having nationalized RomneyCare) are self-indulgences that merely embarrass the GOP at this stage, and serve no useful purpose.

Those who are hellbent on returning a White Guy to the White House would do better to stop their incessant kvetching, find one, and support him.