No indictment in the Tamir Rice case.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Moriah, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

When I read this on YouTube it made me sick to the stomach. Unlike the Sandra Bland case, there was video evidence of the policeman killing this 12 year old boy. There was no excuse not to indict this killer. The policeman said he told Tamir three times to put the gun down and he refused. LIE! He started shooting as soon as the car stopped; there was no way he gave that boy any kind of warning.
    I blame the prosecuter in Cleveland. He needs to be fired. Today. He is not doing his job. As for the cop who shot Tamir, I don't know how he can sleep at night.

2. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

These guys probably sleep like a baby. Honestly, I wouldn't settle for firing the prosecutor. Black people will forever be at the mercy of White people until they push them out of positions and replace them with Black people. And when I say Black people, I mean those who will work in the interest of Black people and not the ones that worship Europeans. Otherwise, the beat will go on and on and on.

3. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Thank you, DarkSkies. I agree.

4. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

What the hell?

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? This was as clear and cut case as there ever was. Unfortunate. But completely justified.

5. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Would you be saying that if Tamir was your son?

6. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

We live in the real world. And in the real world you MUST use logic and reason when it comes to things like this. You are trying to look at this with emotion instead of logic. You must NEVER do this. Emotion clouds the mind. Skews judgment. From an emotional standpoint of course this is a tragic story. Of course it (*)(*)(*)(*)ing sucks that a CHILD died. And of course any parent would be absolutely devastated. But if we followed our emotions like you so desperately want (in most cases because you are frightened of the real world) then we make bad decisions, like pursuing a witch hunt against a man who, if you look at this case with logic, was fully justified and did nothing wrong.

So basically what I am saying is, nice straw man.

7. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I hope and pray that I NEVER lose my "emotions". Logic only takes you so far. Human beings were not meant to live apart from their "emotions". I'll take my way of dealing with real world events any day over your way of dealing with them. Thank you.

8. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

I'm not saying lose your logic. See. You're doing the emotional thing again. Yeah. Logic alone will only take you so far. But emotions alone will take you far shorter.

And that is why your opinion, while appreciated, isn't taken seriously. Emotion has no place in circumstances like this. Doing so would result in innocent people's lives being ruined.

9. Sab

Sab Active Member

Tamir couldn't have been my son. there is no way any son of mine would have thought it was OK to run around pointing guns at people.

10. democrack

democrack Banned

Prove he lied . Did you witness it ?

11. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Yes, I did witness it. It was on video for all the world to see.

12. MrNick

MrNick Banned

What bugs me about all this nonsense is that people act like ANYTIME a black guy gets killed by cops the guy was targeted over his race and he/she did nothing wrong and was a total angel and it makes national news, when when a white guy is killed by cops it makes no news, no one cares...

If you ask me cops are trigger happy but at the same time, it's not like all these dudes getting killed by cops were killed because of race or because they did nothing threatening....

It seems anyone who is black and is killed by cops is automatically a martyr regardless of the circumstances of the shooting... People will riot and march down the street for a crazy ass gangbanger that had 10 lives on his pistol while screaming "no justice no peace".....

13. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Tamir Rice Family to Get $6M From Cleveland
    City agrees to settle federal lawsuit over boy's shooting

Naturally, the citizens pay for the crimes committed by police in their unrelenting holocaust against blacks:

http://www.newser.com/story/224115/...=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_home

The city of Cleveland will pay the family of Tamir Rice $6 million over the boy's fatal shooting in 2014, reports CNN. The payment settles a federal lawsuit filed by the family after a trainee police officer shot and killed Tamir at a city park. Under the settlement—Tamir's estate gets $5.5 million, and his mother and sister get $250,000 apiece—the city admits no wrongdoing. The payout is in line with similar cases, notes Cleveland.com, including the $5 million paid by Chicago over the Laquan McDonald shooting and the $6.4 million paid by Baltimore in the Freddie Gray shooting.

While the settlement is "historic in financial terms, no amount of money can adequately compensate for the loss of a life," say the Rice family attorneys in a statement. "In a situation such as this, there is no such thing as closure or justice. Nothing will bring Tamir back." The settlement doesn't resolve all the legal issues in the shooting. The Justice Department is investigating whether police violated Tamir's civil rights, though such cases are rarely brought because the threshold of proof is so high.

Meanwhile the genocide continues.

14. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this, Mr_Truth. I'm so happy to see the families of these poor souls receive some sort of compensation. Especially Tamir's family. He was just a kid. :frown: I wish the families would establish a scholarship in the names of each of the victims, to be given to a worthy high school graduate each year. That would be a way to keep their memory alive and help others at the same time. :smile:

15. Mr_Truth

I am glad for this small consolation that will be given to his family. Of course, the interests of justice could better be served by arresting and convicting the criminal cop(s) involved in his murder. Same with the other cops who continue to commit these genocidal atrocities against minorities in society.

16. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I agree that arresting and convicting the killer cops would be an even better outcome. But---for the time being it looks like they are still going scot-free.
    I think this is how Black Lives Matter got started. They are protesting how young Blacks are dying at the hands of law enforcement and nothing is being done about it. I applaud Black Lives Matter for their work.

17. Mr_Truth

Funny how right wingers claim they are all for limited government intrusionism upon citizen's lives but how they eagerly applaud the holocaust imposed upon minorities by the police government agents. This is the worse form of blatant hypocrisy committed by those unprincipled liars.

18. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

So your solution to race tensions is a race war?

19. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Dude, where have you been? They started this race war a couple years ago. BLM dude :roll:

20. DarkSkies

Removing certain people from power shouldn't equal race war. Making changes means political involvement.

21. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

somehow a small minority will supplement the majority in positions of power, and this will happen without violence? You are not a big historian , now are you.

22. DarkSkies

It happens already. Some ethnic groups lobby people to be favorable to them. After a while, they slowly enter positions of key influence. It's just a matter of getting the right person in those positions.

23. Mr_Truth

you mean KKK dude

24. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes, KKK, BLM, NAACP, all bigoted domestic terrorist groups. I certainly agree that these ignorant people should be jailed.

25. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I didn't know the NAACP was a violent, terrorist organization. I thought their main purpose was to ensure equal rights to all US citizens regardless of color, race or nationality. Even the BLM folks are not violent. They just do peaceful protests; they protest young Blacks being killed by cops for no reason than other being Black.
    Now the KKK on the other hand---we know what their history is. :frown: