Not a Rap fan, but Ja Rule has earned my respect

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by jmblt2000, Dec 30, 2015.

1. jmblt2000

jmblt2000 Well-Known Member

I have never understood the hypocracy of a black person being able to use the word 'ni**a' while a white person cannot. Ja Rule discusses this in an interview you can see here:

http://news.yahoo.com/ja-rule-thinks-white-hip-164447252.html?nf=1

"Ja Rule is speaking out on an issue that has been around probably since the inception of hip-hop. The Queens native recently sat down with Vlad TV to discuss the use of the N-word amongst white rap fans.

Within the 10-minute interview, the “Always On Time” rapper said, “there’s no way around it” in trying to prevent white hip-hop listeners from uttering the derogatory term while reciting the lyrics to particular songs.

“I’m at a concert the other day. Nothing but white kids at the concert. Metro Boomin is deejaying and sh*t, right? What does he throw on? ‘All day, ni**a’…And he’s fading the ‘ni**a’ part,” he said. “And those white kids are singing that ‘ni**a’ word like a mothafu**a. You know what I’m saying? I’m up in the balcony dying laughing because I’m like ‘Yo, what do you expect them to do? What do you think they’re gonna do?’ To them it’s a song. They just singing a song, having fun. So, now what do you do? Not play that song when you have a white audience and you deejaying? I don’t know—I really don’t know how to combat this.”

Just wanting to know others opinions.

2. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

People like Ja Rule have money and can better shield themselves from the negative energy and perceptions that they perpetuate. So, on this particular issue, his opinion means less than nothing to me.

White people, even kids, listening to the music and singing along with the n-word parts reminds me of the stories the elders told about people being lynched and white families, including children taking pictures around the hanging corpses. They may not realize it, but they are actually enjoying Black American cultural erosion and corruption. They are singing along to words carrying historical trauma.

Just my 2.

3. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

some non-black kids say "(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" like it means "guy" or "dude".

ive seen this on the Subway

4. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

And it is still stupid no matter who says it. I just find it hypocritical that the very words that offends people, is a word that is used often by the offended.

some of my firnds call me N**** , and it still makes me uncomfortable lol.

5. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

i guess one is known by the company they keep. a bunch of white kids calling eachother the Nword. is there any hope left?

6. MrNick

MrNick Banned

All young guys call each other (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)...... It's become the new "bro"....

I like it because it's really redefining the word...

Besides, only a coddled person would be offended by a word, not only that but how the word is used...

It's not even a negative word anymore - it's used as a term of endearment....

It's not like kids today grew up in the 60's, hell many didn't even grow up in the 80's or 90's...

If anything I call this racial progress...

7. GeddonM3

White? No most of my friends are black or Hispanic. My white friends really don't say that.

8. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

that's what they all say

9. GeddonM3

Well you probably assume I'm white , which is typical of the narrow minded.

10. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

Why do ppl assume you are white is the real question

11. GeddonM3

Because I go against the grain of what liberals expect minorities to think. Because frankly, the last thing you really want us minorities to do is think outside the box.

Liberals don't like an educated minority group.

12. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

Fyi Spaniards aren't the minority lol. What next, white ppl are oppressed and black ppl are racist.

13. GeddonM3

im Mexican , and yes we are a minority. We are your loves me brown people when you want to try and use us for your race dividing tactics, then you want to call us white when it comes to crime statistics. We are your slaves of your agenda, use us as you see fit to what fits your Racist narratives.

We are the ones you only give a damn about when it comes to immigration, everything else you don't care. Just as long as we stay in our neighborhoods in LA, the lily white liberals are happy. The only reason you want us in your neighborhoods is to mos your (*)(*)(*)(*)ing lawn.

But because we are Mexican we have a free pass to shoot each other in our neighborhoods, and you lily white liberals will never make a peep about it. The ONLY times you guys care about someone getting shot is when you can blame it on a right wing, white Christian.

And no , nobody in this country is truly oppressed, that is an overblown lie once again made up by lily white liberals to divide us as a nation and pretend they really care about the interest of minorities in this country, when in reality we are just nothing but a vote trying to be had.

As far as racism, the left wing is more racist, biased, hypocritical, and dangerous than the right by far. You guys do nothing but makes matters worse for everyone.

Racism will never die , but with people like liberals running around spouting off their BS, we will be save the chance to eliminate it in the first place. You guys hold a monopoly on racism, it's a major aspect of your political agenda and you guys need it to survive.

Sadly being that i have lived half my life in Los Angeles and the other here in the south, I see first hand that racism is much worse in Los Angeles. Down here it's not even close to as bad. And that's just 2 places, I have been to damn near every major city in the country, and systematic racism is always worse in Liberal cities.

But yet you guys want to act like (*)(*)(*)(*)ing heroes? And now you want to tell me who is minority enough for your personal standards? Wow, how racist of you.