American Idol: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by Alucard, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

American Idol returns on January 6, 2016 and FOX is touting that this will be the final season. But, will it? In my opinion, I think it is a ruse to build up the ratings that have been faltering during the past couple of years. If the ratings do have a dramatic upswing, I think a surprise announcement could be made during the Finale in May by Ryan Seacrest that American Idol will be coming back in January 2017.

So, what do you think? Do you think 2016 will be the final season or do you think not?

2. spotdogg

spotdogg New Member

Wow..Who the hell cares

A complel borefest from the beginning...

3. JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack New Member

They have totally destroyed the original concept, obviously play to the singers that are most marketable (same with the Voice) not the most talented, and have lost all credibility with most of their earlier audience. Unless a whole new batch of viewers tune in, you should just enjoy the final curtain, if you are one of the few still enjoying it.

4. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

It is possible it can reboot elsewhere with a different host/judges, but I am sure it is leaving Fox. That is bound to be an expensive show to produce anyways, and these music competition shows have generally seen declining ratings. I have never liked American Idol because I dislike Ryan Seacrest and most of their judging panel who always make it about them.

5. SMDBill

SMDBill Well-Known Member

I think it'll end. Their ratings are nowhere near where they need to be and the show has been played out. Not many idols have made it after the show in any big way so people would get all into their favorite, see them win, then watch them fade away. There's too much competition doing the same thing.

6. MrNick

MrNick Banned

This show is so done..... It needs to be taken out back and popped in the dome lol.

7. JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack New Member

We still watch it. Certainly not for the judging or the host, but because I like to see young folks be given the opportunity to follow a dream. Unfortunately the music business is a cutthroat, popularity contest, very little real talent going on at the top these days.

Had a special appearance by Crayola West and his skank wife, he pretended to be a contestant and sang some rap (*)(*)(*)(*) that was nauseating to say the least, and just plain terrible to be honest. The judges praised him and gave him a golden ticket for his gag me with a designer toilet brush performance. In the real world that no talent bum wouldn't have even of made it to the judges table in any of those competitions. I wish they would stop propping up these non-celebrity wanna bees.

8. JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack New Member

9. MrNick

MrNick Banned

The notion these are amateur artists is just wrong...

They're not...

My uncle is really close friends and jam partners with a an American Idol finalists parents and this chick was no amateur...

It's not like this is a competition of shower singers.... It's not like they go from the shower to a record contract...

10. spotdogg

spotdogg New Member

It was done a long time ago...

11. JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack New Member

Some are, but as you say some have a lot of experience singing at county fairs and local sporting events and a lot of them are street performers and bar band members. I get that, but most of these people would never see the inside of the office of a recording executive. The sad thing is they take very good talent and try to turn them into the next new thing, when in reality they are trying to turn them into the last new thing that is still making money for them. This is why you don't hear from most of them afterwards. They are being forced to be something they were never meant to be.

12. MrNick

MrNick Banned

The only thing a record company can really do for you these days is give you promotion, and they're going to rip you off for that...

A lot of "regional artists" who would be called "underground" already know how to engineer and have enough of a technical background to produce their own albums using simple programs like protools...

I was offered a developmental contract, but why would I take it? I was doing well on my own - granted I rapped, but at the same time I really just was happy selling my cd's to the local mom & pop stores... I didn't want that lifestyle and had no desire to do shows (never felt comfortable in that environment)...

I suppose my point is, a lot of these people are NOT merely street musicians or amateurs - they're professionals, that either play full time or at least make some decent money playing at bars on the weekends and selling their CD's online - and they have fans...

The sad part is that some of the best musicians I have pretty much ever heard never made it on a national level...

13. JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack New Member

I agree. But if you have a dream, at least you can say you had a better opportunity to follow it. I know some folks will feel like they got robbed, or still didn't get a fair shake, but at least they had a chance. I think after the hurt feeling are gone, the one's who look at the experience as what it actually is, 'experience', they will either dedicate themselves more to their craft/hobby, or they will just realize that it isn't for them after all, even if they won't admit it to others.

The sad part about this show especially, and the part that most of the viewers enjoy the most is the bad singers who have been convinced how great they are by their tone deaf family and friends. I just wonder how many of them are harmed for life, even though some of them know how bad they are and just crave the attention.

14. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Yea, that is the funny stuff - the people that believe they're good but really suck.... hahaha..

What drives me nuts are musicians that cant improvise in a jam...... It's like change it up lol...

As far as myself, I lost all desire to even touch a mixer or hit pads.... I lost all interest.. I would rather listen to older stuff, perhaps in the future I will come back....