Immigration crackdown begins with scores Arrested.....

Discussion in 'Immigration' started by MMC, Jan 4, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

BO and his Team have decided to crackdown on Illegal Immigrants.....thus, proving once again to the Latin Vote. That the Demos lied. This will affect them during this up and coming election. So this is good news, indeed.

Some 121 people in the U.S. illegally were arrested this past weekend and are currently in the process of being deported to their home countries, the Department of Homeland Security announced Monday.

This weekend’s efforts “should come as no surprise,” Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said in a statement announcing the crackdown.

The raids targeted adults and children caught attempting to cross the border after May 1, 2014, who have been told to leave the country by an immigration court and who would not be eligible to stay in the U.S. by seeking asylum or through other means.

The immigrants were primarily arrested in Georgia, Texas and North Carolina, Johnson said.

The actions could have ripples throughout the presidential race......snip~

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...-120-immigrants-arrested-in-weekend-crackdown

2. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Do you think the MS Media will help the Demos keep this covered up? Will the Latins trust Hillary now? [​IMG]

3. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

121 people?

Out of 11 million plus? It's hard to take this seriously.

4. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Yep that was the first days, and more to keep coming. So like I mentioned, the Latins won't be so trusting of Hillary and the Demos.

5. Lil Mike

I will be very surprised if the numbers grow to more than this. This has all the earmarks of a stunt to me.

6. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Well BO's man Jeh.....said they would be conducting daily raids. Still this is what El Salvador and Guatemala are telling their people here in the US.

Guatemala's Foreign Ministry said via Twitter that it was monitoring the situation, and promised to offer consular assistance and protection to its citizens living overseas. Vice Minister Oscar Padilla said that starting Monday, consulates would be interviewing and reviewing the cases of citizens on deportation lists to ensure that each has an order signed by a judge.

"We are going to review every one of the cases. We are going to support them and be sure that these people do not have any alternative," Padilla said.

The ministry also advised Guatemalans in the United States that they need not open their doors to immigration agents unless the officers have a warrant signed by a judge, and that they carry with them at all times phone numbers of family members, a lawyer and the nearest consulate.

El Salvador issued similar advice to any of its citizens facing enforcement action in the U.S. In a statement Monday, foreign minister Hugo Martinez criticized the raids, saying they would not resolve the problem of illegal migration to the United States, and pledged the support of Salvadoran consulates to citizens in need.....snip~

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-agents-round-central-americans-slated-deportation-36083491

7. democrack

democrack Banned

BS , What after we house them , school them provide healthcare .. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-01-01-public-housing_N.htm

8. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Depends on what you mean by stunt. The general consensus has been for quite awhile there will eventually be some sort of amnesty and that the linchpin in that will be how long you have been in the US. People here less than 2 years won't be in the running so there is no reason to keep them until amnesty does come. It is the reason many illegals will still work where they will be paying in taxes and withholdings knowing they won't get them back and putting their location on the radar of the government. It will be proof of their presence and ties to their community in the US.

9. Lil Mike

By a stunt, I mean this isn't part of an Administration decision to finally start enforcing the law, it's a well publicized tiny nibble.

10. Deckel

Okay, but less than 200 doesn't sound like they are trying to put together a PR stunt. The two issues that will play heavily in the election will be immigration and guns. Why Ryan wanted immigration off the table as a condition to accepting the speakership position is beyond me. He should have tried to put that thing away ASAP since it is not an issue that will favor the GOP outside its base.

11. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

It seems the ones who are being targeted for deportation were the illegals who did show up in court for their deportation hearings. The other 99.5% who were issued a court date and didn't show up don't have to worry about being deported. These are the type of illegal aliens that Obama and the Democrats prefer and are more likely to ignore other laws.

But I digress.

12. Lil Mike

I dunno. Under 200 sounds exactly like a stunt to me, and not serious law enforcement.

13. Deckel

Sounds like "We are kicking out the ones who won't get amnesty and not kicking out the ones we think will qualify for amnesty" which seems to have been the policy for awhile.

14. Lil Mike

Well if only 121 wouldn't qualify for amnesty, I guess they can shut down the border patrol after they finish processing these folks.

15. Deckel

Works for Bernie.

16. TheResister

TheResister Banned

Let me explain the stunt:

Either the Rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness are God given unalienable Rights OR they are man created inalienable rights. Note that, in law, there IS a difference.

My thinking is that the courts will not deport most of the foreigners. In millions of cases there simply was no proper way in, so they came here anyway. Now, with there being no visa that addressed their fact situation AND Liberty being an unalienable Right, the courts will have to declare that the children of undocumented immigrants are citizens and that it would be cruel and unusual punishment to kick the parents out of the U.S. - and we cannot kick out our own citizenry.

Sooo... the best we can hope for is some kind of legal status that does not allow for automatic citizenship of that 10 million affected foreigners. And so the stunt is the forcing of the courts to examine the legal issue and the Dems doing exactly what I predict. Mark my words.

17. Lil Mike

So...your view is that the Democrats are doing this to force the issue into the courts, so that they'll declare that 7 billion people have an unalienable right to move to the US?

It's possible...

18. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

The Media sure has gone mute on this issue of BO Team cracking down, huh?

19. democrack

democrack Banned

121 AND 16,000,000 to go !

20. TheResister

TheResister Banned

Unfortunately, it's quite simple:

Either Rights are unalienable or the government controls them. IF Liberty is doled out by the government in a "democratic" nature, then gun rights (associated with the Right to Life) will be subject to the whims of government.

IF Rights are unalienable, then the government did not give them and they are above the law. Let me tell you what the courts have ruled on this stuff:

"A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it (the right to keep and bear Arms), because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power."

- Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394 (1859).

The bottom line issue is simple. Do you get your Rights because you are a citizen OR, as the Declaration of Independence states, "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

Bear in mind that the Declaration of Independence was written before there were U.S. citizens (sic.) Today, the DOI is at the head of United States Code Annotated (the official laws of the United States.) The Bill of Rights is the codification of the Declaration of Independence. So, where do you get your rights from? God or government?

If rights are doled out by government, then the Second Amendment (or any other) can be virtually denied because what government gives... they can take.

OTOH, just because a foreigner comes to the U.S. there is no requirement that they become a citizen NOR are there any requirements that the American people allow foreigners to have access to the privileges of citizenship. It seems to me that view is a more productive way to address the issue than to claim that just because we have a law to keep people from entering improperly, it is some kind of evidence that we can prohibit them from coming.

If you take away a person's incentive, they won't come. IF we make this issue one about just because a law exists... then we've put government in charge of unalienable Rights and the government will be glad to reduce those to mere privileges that they can revoke. The democrats are looking at this issue and saying checkmate. Whatcha gonna do?

21. Lil Mike

Yawn, totally non responsive to anything I said.

22. TheResister

TheResister Banned

Stick your head in the sand and then wonder why you lost in the courts.

23. Lil Mike

What have I lost in the courts? The Supreme Court has not (yet!) ruled that all 7 billion people on the planet are potential Americans who have a right to live and work in the US.

24. TheResister

TheResister Banned

We can go back and forth all day long. I'd prefer that you pretend to be able to understand this rather than to get a long, drawn out whizzing contest. One more time:

FACT - "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Declaration of Independence

FACT - The Declaration of Independence is at the head of the United States Code Annotated

FACT - The Declaration of Independence was penned before there were any United States citizens

FACT - An unalienable Right, which is due all men, is not subject to the legislative powers of government . "A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it (the 2A in this case), because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." Cockrum v State
    24 Tex.394, at 401-402 (1859)

I would submit to you that either unalienable Rights are bestowed upon man by a Creator (his God, whomever he deems that to be) OR by government. If you have an alternative view, by all means let me in on it. So, if we can prohibit the foreigner from pursuing a God given Right to Liberty, then the federal and state governments can be justified in limiting your access to firearms - even outlawing firearms because, again, either government grants you your unalienable Rights or government does.

Do you happen to know what a legal precedent is?

25. Lil Mike

You keep dancing around the issue. Do you believe all 7 billion people on Earth have a right to come to the United States to live and work?