Serbian official to Russian: Mind own business over EU bid.....

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by MMC, Jan 14, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Something else Putin is watching, huh. Just a little spat. What say ye?

Serbia's deputy prime minister denounced her Russian counterpart on Wednesday for suggesting Serbia should be careful about its EU membership bid — a rare spat between the two traditional Slavic allies.

Russian deputy premier Dmitry Rogozin said during his visit to Serbia this week that if Serbia harmonizes its foreign policy with the European Union "you will have another Cologne here." He was referring to New Year's assaults against women in the German city that have been blamed largely on foreigners, some of whom are recently arrived asylum-seekers.

Serbian deputy premier Zorana Mihajlovic retorted Wednesday: "Regarding the scenario Rogozin is predicting, I think he should take care of his own country and we will take care of ours."

"There is nothing more terrifying than the European bureaucracy," Rogozin said. "Soviet-era bureaucrats are just kids compared with Europe's. And the rules of the game are such that they erode your national identity."

The pro-Russian opposition Democratic Party of Serbia was quick to denounce Mihajlovic's comments, saying she should retract her statement because it could "jeopardize relations with Russia and undermine joint programs."....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/serbian-official-russian-mind-own-business-over-eu-155803492.html

2. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Not much will come of this, huh?

3. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Man, buy a book. Serbs have always used juchi ulus and Without EU Serbia is an African country.

4. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I use to buy a lot of them. Then I learned how to speed read. Now I save money not having to buy them anymore. :smile:

5. RehnSport

RehnSport Active Member

We said (*)(*)(*)(*) off to Stalin also after WW2. It's no hate relationship between Russia And Serbia, we are a stubborn people, we like to do things our way and could not care less what others think. It's just a small glitch in our system now with this pro-eu (*)(*)(*)(*), we will be right back on track soon again ;).

That is actually a quality that also Americans back in the day liked about us.