Leave the Past in the Past

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by siana620, Jan 17, 2016.

1. siana620

siana620 Newly Registered

I'm one of these idealists who thinks the world's problems can be solved through common sense and kindness. Stop your nationalism. Stop you remembrance of the past. Wipe away the slate of animosity you have toward one another. We've all done evil and inhumane things to our neighbors. Why should we tally the grievances up? Let's start anew. If you roll you eyes at this comment because you don't want to forive, then I feel so much sorrow for you. You will always be angry in your heart. On the other hand, if you do so because you think others will never change, don't let their ignorance guide your actions. You should speak out. Don't do it by blaming the other side. Do it be taking some responsability and showing your foes that you understand why they continue to hurt by your actions. There is always two sides to every story. Hear their side and hope that they hear yours.

Peace and love to everybody

Siana

2. Yazverg

Yazverg Well-Known Member

I like your style. But...

[​IMG]

my common sense tells me that this button doesn't work that easy.

3. Joe240

Joe240 New Member

I agree, the past cannot be changed. We can only learn from our past and suffer it's effects. We should use our knowledge and experience gained from the past to better understand our present and move towards a better future.

I think that taking individual responsibility for our actions is the best way. This makes it so people don't mentally absolve themselves of responsibility by blaming something they had no control over in the past.