The Problem with Racial History and the Unspken Statute of Limitaitons

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by upside-down cake, Jan 18, 2016.

1. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

Basically, there is an unspken rule...among the abusers of history.

If it happened a long time ago, you should move on. The new generation cannot be held accountable for the flaws of the old generation.

Except...this is not true at all. The actions of the past are inherited by the future. Native Americans once held the land that is now the United States. No Europeans do. This was not done by a people ignorant of morality or the fair treatment of others. It was done deliberately...intentionally...overtime...under the auspices of a new, fair, equal nation of opportunity. What actually happened was that one people were stripped of their opportunity to grow for the sake of another peoples opportunity. Is this a victimless crime confined to that time period? Hell no. To this day, those Natives remain disenfranchised- beggars in their own house, so to speak, to it's new masters.

Now, I understand the complexity involved in this and yet it is utterly simple. We all have shifty senses of morality and we always will. We always claim morality up until the point where we are either pressured into or seduced by the rewards of breaking that code of morality. We commit the act, reap the benefits, and then, maybe, some years or decades down the line, bring ourselves to apologize for our actions when we are so far removed from the crime that an apology could not harm us in the slightest. It's basically tossing a penny to the rape victim.

Now...the we have new generations of "innocents" who have grown up in someone elses home, on someone elses property, and have so long called it their own that this is a personal truth. And this is why despite the many protestations of international fair play, law, justice, morality, safety, and whatever, we will continue to ignore our own past and present brutalities, thefts, extortions, and all and focus on that of our targets, for lack of a better word.

It's because there is a secret of the American mindst that's only a secret to Americans. No one really cares about another persons freedom or opportunity. Just like those assh***s who always flap on about free speech, they only care about their rights to freedom, to happiness, and their version of right and wrong. Doesn't matter what other people think or feel. All that matters is their rights to do what they want when they want. That's why it's so easy to get people to break the rights of others. Because people are primarily concerned about themselves. Some Muslims bomb a building. Hey, let's regulate them all, because pfft, Constitution? Bill of Rights? A desire to spread freedom and democracy to the world? Hah. That's never been the game.

Me

That is the basis of morality, justice, and fairness.

Or, as more famously qouted...

Just Us.

2. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have native american, irish, german and po white English midlands blood in my veins. Should I be self-loathing or just pay myself a certain percentage of my income a month in reparations?

3. MrNick

MrNick Banned

So you're disgusted when Trump wants to put the families of terrorists in prison, but have absolutely no issue with blacks my age taking out (*)(*)(*)(*) on me they never faced in their life in the name of their ancestors?

Of course...

Look, if you feel so guilty go jump off a building - don't drag me into your masochism.

4. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Dude, if you were born here you are a native...

Also, the Native Americans really aren't "Natives" they didn't evolve here, they walked Europeans took boats...

5. Deckel

Well that presents a whole other issue for a whole other thread on a whole other day, and that just pertains to me, let alone my injun ancestors.

6. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

What the hell are you talking about? They didn't evolve here? The human species evolved in Africa. People walked to every other region of the world and adapted to their respective environments including Native Americans. And they were here before Europeans or any other modern ethnic group. I don't want to here anything about Kennewick Man (who wasn't White) and ancient Whites being here before Native Americans because that is a blatant attempt at history theft. Native Americans are indigenous to America.

7. MrNick

MrNick Banned

So you claim they walked to North America correct? yet you call them Natives, yet I'm not because my great grandparents took boats?

It's probably too difficult of a concept for you to grasp...

8. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

yes, you should.

9. Deckel

Fair enough. I will pay myself 25% of my income for the rest of my life to buy penance from myself so that I can look down on my taker self instead of loathing my earner self.

10. MrNick

MrNick Banned

That's not going to do it.... Slap yourself across the face 3 times just to get the 25% rage out of you.... You'll feel 75% more pissed of tho. lol.

11. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL, You know a lot of us could do the same thing. My family arrived here in 1654 and there is a lot of mixed blood running through my veins too. Pretty much any family that has been here for awhile does. I doubt if there is too many pure whatevers anymore.

12. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

LOL. Oh my...