Affirmative Action for White minority?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Moriah, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I picked up a book from the library yesterday that was written by Patrick Buchanan. The title of the book is "Death of the West". He wrote this book in 2002, but it is more relevant today than ever. In this book he talks about the coming minority status of White Americans. He estimates this to happen around 2050. I will be long gone by then and I'm sure many of you will be also.
    But I'm just wondering: Will the people who are against affirmative action for today's minorities be against it for the White minority of 2050? Thank you for your response.:smile:

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

There will be no affirmative action for non Hispanic Whites in 2050. Who would support it? White people will still have most of the money and education in 2050, and poor and working class whites who would benefit are almost universally despised. It's open season to mock those people, and I doubt that will change in the next couple of decades.

But it will lead to an interesting paradigm; As Whites become the minority, affirmative action will come to benefit the majority, so that the only people without any preferences will be whites. That means in practice, it will be active discrimination against whites in employment and education!

The future will be interesting times...

3. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I tend to disagree with you, LilMike. I believe poor and working class Whites will have a completely different attitude towards affirmative action if and when they become the minority. They will look upon it as a good thing. And I also believe the majority will be kind to them and help them out.
    Do you think your family (kids and grandkids) will still have money and education? I'm just curious.

4. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I don't agree with Patrick Buchanan's political beliefs, but he is an excellent writer. If any of you want to read a good book from a conservative point of view read "Death of the West", by Mr. Buchanan.:smile:

5. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

Patrick Buchanan sounds pretty optimistic. I believe 2050 is too far out. Within 13-18 years, whites should become the minority and by the time they are, affirmative action policies should have already disappeared. The case for meritocracy is being made and so AA should be thoroughly phased out soon. If they truly become a minority, they'll engage in protectionism and group economics so they won't have much to worry about educationally or economically.

19 states whites have become the minority

6. Lil Mike

Why would poor and working class Whites have a completely different attitude towards affirmative action when they become the minority? If anything, I would expect they would become more resentful of it than they are now. There won't be affirmative action for white people, so they'll be the only ones in society without that kind of extra benefit. That will be de facto discrimination against them.

And I'm not sure why the "majority" would be "kind to them and help them out." I can think of several reasons why they wouldn't.

First of all, there will be no majority. There won't be a single dominate group to replace Whites as the majority population, it will be a coalition of everyone else.

Secondly, the Black part of that coalition will no doubt be just as resentful against whites since their status won't improve. Population-wise, Blacks are expected to be about 13% of the country in 2050; about the same as now. So they'll have about the same political influence. Certainly you yourself have already indicated that you would be happy with a plague wiping out whites, so I wouldn't expect your descendants to be part of the "kind" majority!

Third, it seems like we'll be adopting a Central and South American model, with a majority of poor Black and Brown people with a white upper class running things. Although I imagine in the case of the US it will be a White/Asian one.

That sort of runs into your last point: No, my kids won't have any money (at least not from me!), but we've tried to instill in them a culture of valuing education as well as the other bourgeois values that are necessary for success. The testing regime of SAT's, ACT, and other standardized testing should help them to excel. That's why I think the US will still have an economic upper class of Whites and Asians.

7. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I have NEVER wished a plague on anybody. I have many White friends. I do expect my descendents to be kind; I raised them that way. I expect them to do OK in their personal lives too; they are all smart and have a good work ethic.

8. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

whites will not be a minority in 2050, that is totally ridiculous

9. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Those were not my words, those were Patrick Buchanan's words. But, I have heard other people say America will one day be a White minority country.

10. Lil Mike

I didn't say you wished a plague, merely that you would be happy with a plague that wiped out white people.

11. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

You are trying to put words in my mouth. You are the one who used the word plague. I just meant that I think America and the people left in it, would be able to prosper even without Whites. That is all I meant. I don't wish death on anyone.

12. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I've always had a hard time understanding the purpose of AA, to start with. Laws and the general economic system, needing customers/buyer's would seem the best drivers for any AA and no amount of forced AA success, is really possible, in the end.

While watching the Bronco/Panther game last Sunday, thinking of this issue, I wondered what Football games would be like, if teams had to play certain numbers of players by race or if only so many of each could buy tickets. My guess is 90% of the fans were white, while 80% of the players were not white. Take this to genders and you would have a real mess.

13. Lil Mike

I was just quoting you. Your words.

14. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

No, you were twisting my words. You were the one who used the word "plague".

15. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I understand the need for AA very well. Speaking of sports, did you know there was a time when Blacks were not allowed to play ANY professional sport? There was a horrible dust-up when Jack Johnson became the first Black heavyweight boxing champion in the early part of the 20th century---they wanted to lynch him. Google: Jack Johnson; boxer, when you have time.
    Blacks have faced opposition every step of the way in every job or profession they have tried to enter. That's why we need AA.

16. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I could probably offer similar scenario's for Irish, Jewish, American Indians and other "so called" minorities in the US and maybe even Asians, who are just now gaining "ACCEPTANCE" into the general society. This primarily because many of the various ethnic societies, spread out into the diverse society, unexpectedly gaining acceptance and that which comes from it. To force the general society into mandatory acceptance, has always led to problems.

My point on the football game, pretty well explains my point on AA and where it fails,at least in my opinion. IF AA were used, most the best professions, most black could not play and the audience or fans, mostly white, would not be allowed to attend. It's all about acceptance and it demands both ethnic groups, not the one that might be in power.

As for the history of "Desegregation", if we go back far enough and eliminated efforts to force the issue, just maybe my now we would have a real melting pot society, by now.

17. Lil Mike

I didn't twist your words at all. I offered a scenario and you replied rather gleefully. So no, I don't expect kindness from your descendants to mine. I assume your attitude runs in the family.

18. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

LilMike, as of now you will go on my ignore list. I see you are not here to debate or discuss issues, but to play childish games. Have a nice day.:smile:

19. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think America will have ripped herself apart by then.

Hispanic supremacists will rule Aztland, the NE and NW US will be sprawling mass of multiculuratists like in Brazil and Malaysia. Parts of the South will be majority Black and they will have put their states under Black sumpremacist rule like in Zimbabwe.

20. Lil Mike

I'm sorry that you were not able to face what you yourself had wrote.

21. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

Not if the crapistan caliphate gets here first, then we will be united because we will all be screwed.

Imagine NFL half time shows consisting of beheadings and woman beating. Cheerleaders would be replaced as sex slaves will take their place and can be purchased during the game .

22. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The reality is that non-Hispanic whites will become a minority group by 2050 with 46%. However, Hispanics will make up 31% in 2050 and 53% of those identify themselves as white as well. Overall, 62% of Americans are either non-Hispanic whites or white Hispanics, while non-white Americans will be still in the minority (38%) in 2015.