Did Finicum Pull His Pistol???

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Crusdr58, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Crusdr58

Crusdr58 New Member

I found this vid shot from an FBI plane.

Please watch linked Video carefully.

Finicum was facing the camera, he had his hands up @ first, then he dropped his hands, (he was wearing gloves, and when he first dropped his hands, he took his gloves off and put them in his left hand.)...and then he had his back to the camera, reached into his left pocket, and then extended his right hand, and you can see the gun against the white of the snow, just for a split-second. Then it appeared that he was trying to (*)(*)(*)(*) [cck] it, or maybe trying to take the safety off. (It seems unlikely, but maybe Finicum finally realized that he WAS about to be shot, changed his mind and put the pistol back into his left pocket.)

Also, this article states that OR State Troopers gunned him down.

See this vid, and article. Watch closely @ the close up @ 21 sec. use pause/play button to freeze at the proper time. Also, see the slo-motion portion, esp. @ 49 sec.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/fbi_to_release_video_footage_o.html

Doug_yvr likes this.
  2. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Resolution is just so poor... it does look like he had the gun out. What's even more clear is he was using his hands near his waist at the time he was shot. You can also see the pool of blood extending from him shortly after he hit the ground (or maybe it's just his arm, hard to tell). I think I also see a few tendrils of blood coming down between his legs after his final step on 500% zoom. The point of that is I'm saying he wasn't shot when he had his hands up, he was shot in a major vessel (I'd guess vena cava given what I see, or right side of heart) while using his hands and rapidly went down.

Witnesses say he was saying "just shoot me" over and over again at the time. Really does look like suicide by cop.

3. JoakimFlorence

JoakimFlorence Banned

There have been documented instances where a whole group of law enforcement officers said one thing happened and then video footage emerged later completely contradicting what the officers said. Not saying that was the case here, but anything could be possible. For all we know there was more detailed video taken from the ground of what actually transpired but the officers did not release it.

4. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Oh I don't trust eyewitness testimony either, but it fits well with what I see. His actions were not conducive to achieve any goal except suicide by cop. It is, of course, possible that he was just out of his mind and not thinking clearly. The guy was obviously not cooperating, but his actions weren't what somebody deliberately trying to kill cops/agents would do. If he wanted to kill them, he would have taken cover and shot at the biggest threat as quickly as possible to try to be able to take down as many as he could before (almost certainly) being taken down himself. Given how surrounded he was, though, he likely wouldn't even have killed one, but a much better chance than how he did it. Pull out gun, fiddle with it in the open. Pretty pathetic I must say if he wanted to kill them.

5. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Cops don't want to die either. And when your'e talking about weapons, like a gun or a knife, no matter the number of officers, each one acutely feels his own mortality and is essentially alone with the suspect. All I know is that when surrounded by armed officers, you stop, freeze and comply. Anything other than this can get you shot because it's not whether or not the officers collectively can physically overpower you, but whether a single bullet from you can find any officers throat or head. It is man for man, no matter the odds when a weapon is in play.

6. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

You resist arrest and then reach for you waste then you get shot. This instance it is even more clear. I dont see why there would be any debate, he really was trying to get shot.

7. FD611V1999

FD611V1999 Member

The crazy dude created his own death. he had repeated said, "he would die before he went to prison", and he got his wish. If he wanted to surrender, he should have thrown the gun out the van window before exiting the vehicle. It appears he wanted to confront the officers and get killed. Now the people of this country don't have to pay for his days in prison.

8. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

Watch the video when the van went into the snow, the cop who supposedly was almost run over but who actually jumped in front of the van was shooting at the van, you can see the impacts on the driver side of the windshield when the drone shows the front of the van.

9. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

Didn't appear to pull a gun, but did reach down, twice. Given all the circumstances surrounding this he had thrown away the benefit of any doubt about his intentions. Foolish man, stupid & unnecessary way to die. His choices start to finish.

10. Teilhard

Teilhard New Member

He was "reaching" ...

11. rockyreagan

rockyreagan Well-Known Member

Did he pull his gun? I'm not sure honestly. Can't really see clearly. I'm glad I'm not on a jury that deals with it.

12. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

What's interesting is, if these guys hadn't taken over that government building for a cause that some folks believe in, nobody would have really cared that he died. Say you're protesting the federal government and all of a sudden you've got folks out there screaming bloody murder when the fanactical gun nut that helped forcefully take over a building and all of a sudden you've got folks jumping in to defend. And these are some of the same folks who don't bat an eye when cops gun down "thugs".

Well, what do thugs do? They are usually armed and usually ignoring the law and the orders of a law enforcement officer. Their actions endanger those around them and themselves.

But I guess that protesting the federal government disqualifies you from thugness.

13. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Psychopathic gun nut threatens policemen's lives and then invites them to shoot him, they oblige. Big surprise?? :confusion:

The only really inexplicable thing here is how this goober came to be a foster parent. Orphans never have good lives but this seems downright egregious neglect by the State.

14. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Wasn't he the guy in the video a few days earlier saying he would never go to prison? I think he had a death/martyr wish.

15. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

No he was another prime example of a "thug." He broke the law, resisted, and died. Clear open and shut.

16. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

often times churches are the ones that hand out the kids, if he said he was conservative and religious, that was probably enough them

17. Lancer

Lancer New Member Past Donor

Yeah, reaching down because he GOT SHOT. Geesh.

18. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe, but more evidence points their way though...from my view

19. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

An assertion for which you have no evidence.

20. Mrbsct

Mrbsct Active Member

He pulled his hands up. The Cops shot him. He reached for his wound. The Cops executed him.

Terrorists don't get justice or dignity. Good job FBI! Thank you for your service!

21. petef56

petef56 Well-Known Member

22. Crusdr58

Crusdr58 New Member

Simply NOT true.

He got out of the vehicle, and put his hands up at first, then he dropped his hands, fumbled around a bit, (probably taking his gloves off) reached into his left jacket pocket, and pulled his pistol, and THEN the OR State Troopers gunned him down.

IF you keep your hands up, they won't shoot you, if you drop your hands, they WILL shoot you.

Quoting from petef56's post, "They started shooting immediately and LaVoy jumped out," Cox said.

I'll believe what I see in the videos over what his eye witness friends say every time. Also, the LEOs were completely justified in shooting him.

See this 8 min version, and the close-up/ slo-motion clip in the OP.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/01/fbi-lavoy-finicum-shooting-video-oregon/433899/

23. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

The real issue is the FBI riddling the SUV with bullets despite no firearms showing nor any shots fired after they had killed the old father of 11. It is clear their goal was to kill them all and only the SUV being at a sharp angle in the snow prevented their succeeding.

24. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Doing the boot licking route, huh?
    Didn't see that coming:rolleyes:

25. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Crazy, the only nuts I see are the ones shooting at vehicles, and gunning a man down in the snow.
    It's ok, if you have a warped view of what right and wrong is.:rolleyes: