Ann Coulter Weekly Column Vol I

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by PatriotNews, Feb 3, 2016.

1. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

As you may have noticed, Ann has endorsed Donald Trump for President.

That being said, I want to bring back an old thread idea with the theme of
    having Ann Coulter's weekly columns posted in it and we can discuss them
    as they are published. As a rule, all columns can be found at Ann Coulter's

We can also discuss what a hot fox Ann Coulter is and liberals can fantasize
    about having sex with her against her will while staring at her Adam's apple.

[​IMG]

2. PatriotNews

Ann is right and so is Donald Trump. This is one of the reasons I am leaning Trump over Cruz.
    I don't see Cruz even touching these subjects. I don't see interdiction as an additional reason
    for closing off our borders. Liberals don't care about drug addiction either. Not when they are
    like libertarian republicans who want to legalize recreational drugs.

As always, click the link below to read the full article:

Ann Coulter

3. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

The opioid epidemic in America is largely related to people seeking painkillers for pain (or borrowing/stealing it from friends/relatives who are), then becoming addicted to these painkillers, and then moving on to heroin when they find it's cheaper than oxycodone. It's partly the fault of doctors, for not effectively monitoring and managing such patients, but it's also an expected result of our culture of taking pills to solve everything. There are actually about twice as many overdose deaths from prescription opioids as heroin despite heroin being cheaper. http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/08/19/the-heroin-epidemic-in-9-graphs

The numbers fit pretty well for addiction to painkillers being the primary explanation. About half of heroin users today are also addicted to prescription painkillers, the number of heroin users in some age groups has roughly doubled.

The overdose epidemic is not caused by Mexican cartels except in shifting deaths from prescription painkillers to heroin. This is them capitalizing on increased demand for opiates in America rather than creating the demand with their supply. Mexican cartels are just the top of the food chain as far as suppliers go and were able to offer a cheaper product, but knock down any supplier and a new one will take its place because of the high level of inflexible demand, per addiction.

Ann Coulter is way off when it comes to her 14-year-old example. That age group is the only one where heroin use actually declined. http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/heroin/

The long-term solution would include a mandatory national database that all doctors must access to prescribe opiates that allows them to see when patients get painkiller from other doctors. Doctors need to be educated to rely less upon opiates for long-term pain control, and understand that for most common types of pain NSAIDS are actually more effective. People need to be educated on the dangers of extended opioid use, particularly when combined with other depressants such as alcohol. Those who are addicted need to not be treated as criminals, but rather as patients who need to be tapered off of a harmful drug.

4. PatriotNews

The best part of this column is towards the end so you really should read the whole thing as always.

I do think that Rubio is out. His battle with Christie will go down in presidential politics debate history as a terrible flame out.

As the RINO backstablishment elitist candidate begin to fade we will be stuck with a 3 man race, Trump, Cruz and ? I'm guessing not Rubio. Kasich, Bush I guess.

5. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Once again coulter demonstrates that the statistical support for her arguments is way way way off.

Such simplistic anti-immigration, blame everyone else, arguments require distortions of the facts in order for her to make her bigoted point.

No wonder she's the darling of the far right. Facts are as malleable as required to "prove" their point.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

6. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Hasn't everybody who has wanted to had sex with Ann Coulter - liberals and conservatives alike?

7. LiveUninhibited

She's a really good example of horse face... but if single I wouldn't turn her down, I suppose, 6/10 face, 7/10 body (too skinny), 10/10 xenophobia (j/k). Also not really into blondes.

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Isn't there already such a database? Each doctor has a DEA number. Aren't those prescriptions tracked by the DEA? We've had local news stories of the DEA showing up at local doctor's offices and threatening them for giving, what the DEA considers to many painkilling prescriptions.

9. Lil Mike

She's 53 now, so I doubt after the make up was removed there would be much interest.

10. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

I was trying to find a quote from "The Family Guy" about how Sarah Jessica Parker has a face like a foot and still gets jobs. Couldn't find it. I don't believe I've ever even dated a blonde so I must not be into them, either. Married a brunette, now a bit on the grey side.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be a freakin' kid. 53 is prime, my man.

11. LiveUninhibited

Most states have their own tracking systems. From what I heard from a pharmacist a few years ago, the usefulness/quality/utilization of these systems vary. The DEA does not administrate and does not directly monitor any of these systems, though systems can be set up to detect red flag patterns and send that to the DEA regarding patients or doctors. From what I understand, it's more common for addicted patients to go to several doctors to get their fix, as opposed to crooked doctors knowingly prescribing too much. But if those several doctors don't, for whatever reason, know that the patient is seeing other doctors, they can contribute to the problem unknowingly. Many of them try to cover their butts with "pain contracts" where the patient agrees not to receive painkillers from other doctors. But the problem can certainly get started from the prescribing of opioids by a single doctor for severe pain that may have been better managed with NSAIDs. For example most back or arthritis pain is better treated this way, while opioids are best for short term treatment of visceral pain, e.g. after abdominal surgery.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/faq/rx_monitor.htm

12. LiveUninhibited

Today this article was in my e-mail, basically said what I said, more diplomatically, and more:

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/ama-wir...ds&utm_campaign=marketing_campaign-wire_alert

13. Lil Mike

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that!

14. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

As long as these drugs remain illegal and we don't have adequate Southern border security, people will continue to use these substances of unknown strength and quality and will continue to die.

15. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

We can't possibly enforce all the laws we'd like to enforce. 20% of Americans have used cocaine. Even a recent ex-president was a big fan.

16. JoakimFlorence

JoakimFlorence Banned

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."
    — Ann Coulter

"I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others."
    —Ann Coulter

17. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

I find it VERY strange that two "pro-lifers"....you and Patriot News....

are such big fans of Ann Coulter after she said this-

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/17/coulter-trump-can-perform-abortions-white-house/

18. Lil Mike

19. PatriotNews

I'm 53 also, so I'm good with that.

It was. Stupid liberals don't understand hyperbole.

Here is this weeks article my friends:

20. PatriotNews

Ann Coulter decides to give a badly needed needling of the elitist
    prevaricators who manage to get it 100% wrong 100% of the time.

[HR][/HR]

TALKING HEAD TWIT OF THE YEAR CONTEST
    February 24, 2016
    The cluelessness of the GOP pundit class is infuriating, but may ultimately be our salvation. Nothing they say about anything is ever right, even accidentally.

This is making the TV news shows resemble Monty Python's "Upperclass Twit of the Year" contest. The twits don't notice the starting gun, run into one another, fall down, run themselves over with their own cars and, then, the remaining contestants all shoot themselves in the head.

[video=youtube;TSqkdcT25ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqkdcT25ss[/video]

Anyone who talks about politics on TV isn't going to win them all, but when your horse takes a dump in every single race, week after week, why should we listen to you next time?

If you tuned into ABC'S "This Week" the morning after Trump's tremendous victory in South Carolina, you'd find George Stephanopoulos promising analysis from a "powerhouse roundtable," by which I assume he was referring to the table itself.

He then turned to the sort of clueless morons who have gotten everything wrong for the past seven months so they could tell viewers "what's next."

I've picked these two "Republican strategists" at random for reasons of efficiency, but it could have been any of the Karl Rove-Matthew Dowd-Steve Hayes-Hugh Hewitt-George Will-Rich Lowry dream team.

Prepare to be dazzled by the analysis!

Republican strategist Sara Fagen:

-- July 26, 2015, NBC's "Meet the Press": "At the end of the day, (Trump) is not going to be the Republican nominee."

-- Aug. 9, 2015, ABC's "This Week": Trump "just feels like that summer fling in high school that your parents tell you not to do, but you can't help yourself. But by the time we get back to school, I think Donald is going to be fading well into the background of this race."

-- Sept. 13, 2015, NBC's "Meet the Press": "Ultimately, I believe a governor, a Jeb Bush or a Chris Christie or someone is going to emerge."

-- Nov. 1, 2015, ABC's "This Week": Jeb "has the most money. He has the most organization. He has the most endorsements, and ... he's been through the fire before. And that is incredibly valuable in the long run. ... He will be able to weather this storm, and I think he'll be stronger for it when he does."

-- Jan. 3, 2016, NBC's "Meet the Press": "As this field continues to narrow and it's Donald Trump versus one or two other candidates, that's when this race will really come into focus. ... After Iowa, this thing is going to jumble again. ... Christie to me is one that I would watch."

If you cut out words from a magazine and randomly pasted them on a piece of paper, you would produce a better analysis of what is happening in this election than anything said by Fagen.

21. JoakimFlorence

JoakimFlorence Banned

Pamela Anderson's still got it.

22. PatriotNews

Panic has set in the mainstream media as the Trump Train barrels out of control
    with the media, the #backstablishment and ultimately Shrillary Clinton's campaign
    and her hopes of ever becoming our first President lacking the previously prerequisite
    male body parts, lying (or do I mean laying?) directly in it's path.

Of course as we all knew and could see this coming, "they" (the media, the politicians,
    and their puppet masters on Wall Street and K Street and in the Chamber of Commerce)
    were destined to pull out all the stops and strategically play (albeit predictably prematurely)
    their trump (small "t") card aka the "race" card.

So now, the news, you've enjoyed this popular TV personality for years on a show called
    "The Apprentice" and what you didn't know, but what "they" have all of a sudden discovered
    is that "The Donald" is a closet supporter of the KKK and he's evidently a white supremacists.
    Who knew?!

23. PatriotNews

24. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

Hitlerarious ! :)

Lots of princesses whining about the pea on this forum !

25. PatriotNews

Can I get an amen?! Not just the donor scumbags, but the stupid idiotic
    #backstablishment politicos who continue to ignore the base and are plotting
    to hijack the convention and stop Trump after the voters have decided that
    Trump is the MAN!

Can we get it put into the platform that McConnell and Ryan can't be leaders
    in the congress anymore?