LGBT bill to ban therapy for youth on sexual orientation issues is stalled in Mass.

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by sec, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sec

sec Well-Known Member

LGBT bill to ban therapy for youth on sexual orientation issues is stalled in Mass. Legislature

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...apy-for-youth-on-sexual-orientation-issues-is

HYPERLINK has full story

snip

After weeks of hard lobbying to stop Bill H97 in the Massachusetts Legislature. we’re happy to report some success. Just before this week’s formal House session, a “hold“ was put on the bill and it was not acted on. But the battle will continue..........................

Bill H97 is a big part of the LGBT movement’s War on Children...............................

Similar bills have been rejected by 20 states and passed in three.

and from a link in the story of testimony from an ex-gay

The real goal of H97 has little to do with protecting health. That's just a cover story. What they really want to do, I opine, is to coerce everybody into believing the "born gay" myth (disproven by studies of identical twins) and the "once gay, always gay" myth. They want to commit a sort of genocide by denying that ex-gay people even exist. Homosexual activists play the perpetual victim card, but guess what? The real victims are EX-gay people, because the big gay lobby actually tries to hound them out of existence, quite viciously, and one way to do that is to prevent anyone from ever getting help to gain freedom from the influence of unwanted homosexual desires.

end snip

It seems that someone somewhere in MA found some courage. If a teen is considering trying some gay sex, and asks his/her parents for help, then help should be available. I am comforted that 20 states have already tossed out proposals to control parenting and that MA is at least on hold for the time being. Given the far-left ideology of MA I am confident that the gay lobby will keep pushing this.

Thomas Jefferson stated "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." and in MA it will be necessary because the homosexual lobby will keep coming trying to get the ban passed.

2. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is great news.

I have often found that when you hate gays, and you have a child that might be gay, the best thing to do ti deal with that is chant to imaginary gods while telling them they are defective sinners that will burn in the bowels of hell after dying of AIDS from having anal sex.

Definitely produces well adjusted, happy children.

3. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I see no reference in the article about anyone hating a person. It's about the anti-freedom homosexual activists who wish to deny the availbility of much needed counseling for those who think they wish to try some gay sex.

4. Think for myself

I agree. When folks hate gays and fear their kids might be gay, the best way to deal with it is to demean and belittle followed by forced therapy sessions where goats are sacrificed to gods in order to change them.

That is what you would do if your kids had a real disease, right? Your gods do cure all things through hatred, chanting, and ritual sacrifice?

5. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

it has shown success for alcoholics in AA meetings.

Even if it is an imaginary God, wouldn't you want the option to be available to them if they don't want to be an alcoholic
    Even if it is an imaginary God, wouldn't you want the option to be available to them if they don't want to be a gay

.... or a transgender
    .... or a pedophile
    ....or an incestophobe
    .... or anything the person didn't want to do and needed help breaking the habit.

No one is suggesting FORCING anyone to go. AA has less success when it's court ordered than when it's voluntary. But if you sexually confused son came to you and said "dad, I saw steven changing in the locker-room, and I became aroused.... and I don't want to be gay, can you take me somewhere that can help me deal with this" there should always be an option for him.... even if the LGBT doesn't agree with it. If you doubt the effectiveness of the programs, that's fine.... then there is no harm in someone searching out alternatives for themselves

6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Gee, what a shame.....

a bill opposing the brainwashing of children by bigots.

Tut-tut.

7. sec

sec Well-Known Member

are you in the correct thread?

We are not talking about a disease or how one is born. It's about counseling for people who may want to experiment with gay sex and the gay lifestyle.

8. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

And if your child requests cancer treatment with leeches they should get it too. Lol

9. sec

sec Well-Known Member

and other addictions as well where there are claims of people being "pre-disposed to (fill in the activity)"

10. Think for myself

Deviants, right? It is a deviation, and much like other deviations, killing goats will cause your god pleasure and hence cure this devastation, correct?

Because your god, who hates gays so much he killed a whole bunch of them in myth, will now change gay children to straight children through adherence to belief, correct?

- - - Updated - - -

After I tell him he got cancer from having evil thoughts, you bet.

11. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Here's an idea....

before all the supporters of "reparative therapy for homosexuality" get to push their agenda.....

they all have to go in for a simple psychiatric evaluation to see how they developed their views on homosexuality?

I mean, if they REALLY support psychotherapy...and it's not just about brainwashing kids into being something a bigot wants them to be???

12. sec

sec Well-Known Member

Who cares if it's counseling by a person of faith or not? It's about the role of govt and if it's to succumb to pushing of unsubstantiated claims of the homosexual movement or to allow parents to continue to parent.

13. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I also notice a lot of Christian-aphobic bigots in this thread, too.

14. ChoppedLiver

ChoppedLiver Well-Known Member

Didn't we already go through a thread on this?

I remember in the other thread that we could all agree that even the "pray-away" programs are highly successful in curing and diverting all sorts of deviant behavior in people of ALL ages.

15. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I wonder, if TFMS also hates the idea of therapy for alcoholics because step 11 is "praying to imaginary sky faries"

http://www.barefootsworld.net/aa11thmornnight.html

why do lefties hate freedom of choice so much? If praying helps someone kick the alcoholism.... why would you stop someone from praying, even if you didn't believe in prayer?

if praying helps someone kick the gayism.... why would you stop someone from praying, even if you didn't believe in prayer?

16. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Except only a small number of Christians hate gays or support "reparative therapy"......so your post is false.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a re-occuring motif of the OP.

17. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

Pray away works for alcoholism and drugs,

but when pray away interferes with LGBTQQiABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZKKKOMGROTFLMAOBBQSAUCE agenda....

.... IT MUST BE STOPPED!!!11ONEone

18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So nobody is being stopped from praying.....just being stopped from using the lie of "counseling" to cover up brainwashing and intimidation.

19. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I said in this thread... and at the time, a very big christianophobe was the only one in the thread....

it's funny how conversion therapy has been shown to work in situations like AA, why can't it be used for those that want to kick the gayisms, like alcoholics want to kick alcoholism

- - - Updated - - -

AA is brainwashing?

20. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

Any proof to your assertion that praying away drug and alcohol addiction works, because it hasn't solved any other issue.

21. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

No one yet has explained where Congress has this authority in the US Constitution.

22. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here in America you can seek voluntary counseling/therapy for anything you like alcohol, drugs, gambling, anger, adultery, eating habits...and many more...but not Gay?

No agenda here though....

23. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

AA is fairly successful. It's not 100% effective on every alcoholic... but why would you take away a program like AA, that has shown success, because it didn't work every single time?

why would you take away a program like gayaholics anonymous, that have shown success, ( http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gay-conver...w-im-happily-married-heterosexual-dad-1443188 ) because it doesn't work every single time? If someone doesn't want to be a gayoholic, why should the state prevent that? If someone doesn't want to alcoholic, I see no reason why the state should forbid AA

24. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Except to people who believe in a 2000 year old book that supposedly says "being gay is bad"....being homosexual is not the same as being alcoholic.

Again, let's be fair....how about we do just a basic psychiatric exam of the SUPPORTERS of "reparative therapy".....won't even try to talk them out of their loathing of gays....

just find out WHY they loathe gays.

Deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Are the children who go into that "reparative therapy" doing so "voluntarily"?

Or because they want Mom and Dad who hate gays to keep loving them?

25. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

very eloquently stated and to the point.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.