How safe is Russia? (compared to USA)

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Superpower, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Superpower

Superpower New Member

How safe is Russia? compared to USA

Places like certain areas in Los Angeles are not safe at all.

How safe is the worst area in Moscow compared to the worst area in Los Angeles?

And how safe are smaller cities in Russia?

2. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Muggings? Should I be worried?
    Not really. Just be smart and keep your belongings to yourself. Most of the muggings I’ve heard about is after people stumbled out of a bar late at night – duh, being slightly sober is the best idea. As for valuables? Unlike many places, I think you’re absolutely safe carrying around a camera and nice phone (until you aren’t). Let me put it this way: most of the time I feel as if I’m the only person in Moscow without an iPhone. Rising extra income and an influx of foreign goods means that Russians are getting the good stuff like us! Just one particular note below.

http://letslovelocal.com/2014/07/is-russia-safe-to-visit/

3. MrFirst

MrFirst Banned Past Donor

Moscow is quite criminal city - as much as any big city. Smaller cities -like Krasnodar, for instance - are much safer. There are no "certain areas" where one shouldn't walk.

4. starcitizen

starcitizen Banned

I think I'll go to down town Detroit and drink their (*)(*)(*)(*)ty water before I'd go to Chechnya with the genocidal Russian rape pigs? How about you?

5. noice

noice New Member

fine almost no crime. but there are criminal authorities, large-scale and unpunished crime.
    the news and media constantly talk about the theft of officials, politicians, deputies. Which is not punished.
    the more you steal the less the punishment. It's all know

6. Eleuthera

Eleuthera Well-Known Member Donor

I had a friend who visited Russia with another guy from here, and he was mugged under exactly the circumstances you mention! So funny you would mention that, LOL.

Otherwise, he had a great time. :cool:

7. Eleuthera

Eleuthera Well-Known Member Donor

Regarding a Russian/US comparison, one of the sad ironies I see is that as all the effort devoted to defamation of Russia, 24/7 psychobabble by the western press portraying Russia as a threat, goes on, Russian and US men crew the ISS. We have had productive relations with Russia over the years, but now once again the propaganda is endless. Provocative trash talking, and sad.