Why are you Racist?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ethos, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Ethos

Ethos New Member

Ok, someone just has to ask. Why, for those of you that are.... why are you racist?

2. Sab

Sab Active Member

The defintion changes so often. SJWs would say I was racist. I dont think I am.

3. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

Not sure you will get any replies that are germane as the biased are almost always blind to their own bias.

4. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is something I struggle with; as a gay person I am often judged by the actions of militant homosexuals and perverts, even though I am in a monogamous long term relationship and live a fairly conservative life. No drugs, no multiple partners, no pride events - but I have always struggled with my views on blacks.

I live in the south, have lived in the Deep South, and the vast majority of my dealings with black people have been negative. Ignoring national issues and statistics, crime in those areas were centralized around black men, they exude the thug culture and seem to enjoy that they intimidate others. They are generally loud, obnoxious, and have a huge chip on their shoulder.

I have met a few great black people in my life, I have discussed with two of them who I considered close friends and they both agreed blacks are destroying themselves from within. Northern and eastern blacks do not seem to be like the blacks I have encountered from the south so I believe much of the behavior is due to the enviroment in which they were raised.

When most of your encounters with members of a particular group is negative it is hard not to generalize. I have experienced this with no other ethnicity throughout the continental US. I have dealings with people of all races, religions, backgrounds and only one group stands out.

5. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

While often misused, racism is a matter of things that perpetuate the oppression of another ethnicity. A more general word would be prejudiced. First it's an intolerance towards those who are different in some superficial way. Beyond that I think it's also often a matter of people confusing culture with ethnicity, and anecdotes with the full picture.

Many people seem to think it's racist to dislike a culture that is usually correlated with another ethnicity. That can certainly have "racist" effects, but I'm not sure if that belief is racism or even prejudice against ethnicity per se. For example, is a person who respects and is actually friends with people like Obama, but who can't stand rap, ebonics, and other correlates of the culture of lower-income blacks racist? Not exactly, I'd argue, no more than I am prejudiced against white people (as a white person) for disliking ignorant hicks.

6. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

Why does anyone make the judgements they do? Why, given two persons of equal merit, does a third person like one and despise the other? For that matter, on what basis do you judge racism to be morally wrong (if in fact you do)?

7. TBryant

TBryant Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't think I'm racist by most peoples definition. I do my best to only judge people by how they behave towards me.

However, the way racism is commonly defined, I would guess everyone is racist to some extent. Most people accept that race is part of what defines them. Its how they see themselves, their families and their role in the culture they live in. Each race has distinctly different experience depending on what culture they exist in. Its not that people don't have much more in common than they have different, its that most people put more weight on the differences. And tend to feel more at ease with others who have shared in that particular racial experience.

8. invaderzim

invaderzim New Member

Here's the thing - if a particular white person has something against, for example, black thugs/gangbangers, but honestly does not have anything against blacks in general, are YOU able to discern that or do you assume he is a racist who is just trying to disguise the fact that he indeed hates all blacks?

9. egotripp

egotripp Banned

I'm not a racist, hell, I'm in an interracial marriage, got mixed kids, two all white, two mixed, and we all blend as ONE family. None of my grandkids has a problem with their cousins, even though some are like Irish white and some dark Mexican brown. We honestly just don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*)e. All that being said though, I am DEFINITELY as CULTURALIST. Regardless of pigment, there are certain sub-cultures that I absolutely despise. They don't reflect the values that I and my family hold dear and live by, they're just thugs, gang bangers, trouble makers, who discredit others who look similar to them.

I have been called "racist" though, usually by those same thugs or their sympathetic supporters when I call them out on something that is purely cultural. Personally, I think Lefties find it empowering to call anybody who is Center-Right a racist, just because we call them out on their color-coded ideas. Makes me sick, really.

10. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

If that White person holds race against those Black thugs and gangbangers then they are racist. If they equally dislike White thugs and gangbangers then they have a problem with a sub-culture and behavior, not race.

11. TheResister

TheResister Banned

I believe that everybody is racist to some degree. Frankly, I am drawn to familiar things... people speaking my language, believing in the same values, sharing the same love of Liberty, etc. I own a gun, a Bible and listen to country music. So I share a lot in common with mostly white people since non-whites are offended by most of what I just listed. Is that a good enough reason to call me names?

12. JoakimFlorence

JoakimFlorence Banned

I heard one guy's explanation; he said that he only found white girls attractive and he didn't appreciate that everywhere he went—work, school, public places—the majority of girls where he lives are not white (this is particularly true of the younger generation), and the percentage of attractive white girls was only becoming smaller with each passing year.

I kind of agree with him.

13. invaderzim

invaderzim New Member

Okay, let's get more specific. If a white person points out that there is a disproportionately high violent crime rate among Afro-Americans, do you assume that person is racist against blacks in general, or do you allow that he may be just pointing out that there is a problem there?

14. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

I guess we can call that "racism", but I do believe in cultural traits present according to the history, religion, sex and genetic background of a group (meaning that individuals can and do differ).

I acknowledge, and in most cases celebrate, the difference.

And frankly I would like it if people were less hypocritical or hysteric about it.

15. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

We all are in some way or the other. That is just human nature. No big deal as long as the government maintains some degree of neutrality on the issues of race.

16. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Because I don't believe society can function to its full potential when its population is comprised of disparate groups, with little in common, all vying for power and resources. Because I believe no matter how much indoctrination one receives, at the end of the day, there are more real, distinct differences, cultural and otherwise, between races than there is within the same race. Humans stayed amongst their own, for the most part, for most of human history. It was only up until recently that this concept that we are all the same and just share differences in skin color became the predominant view in society. Because I oppose the left's goal of eliminating my race, white people, from the human gene pool, just to advance their political agenda because it sells better with brown people.

17. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

That depends on their objective for pointing out this statistic. If they are pointing it out to note a problem that they believe should be solved then that is not racist. Black people also believe that disproportionate crime rate is a problem. If they are pointing out this statistic to say, "See! Look at this. This is proof that Blacks are innately violent and an inferior race!" then they are being racist. This idea is scientifically false and logically absurd. Only a minority of people in any population actually commit crime so crime can not be used as a basis for claiming a group of people are more aggressive or violent by nature. Such an idea is racist propaganda and if we are to be intellectually honest most White people who talk about Black crime rates especially on the internet are being racist in exactly the way I described. It's not that you can't have an honest conversation about crime and recognize it as a problem its just that most of the people who actually do it on forums like this identify as White Nationalists and are clearly racists.

18. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

If the groups are indeed disparate in the sense that each of them is a walled solitude, you are right. Intermingling in a more homogenuous society, however, gives wonderful results as soon as the next generation arrives. Refreshes the gene pool.

I for one believes that economical difference are steeper than "racial" ones. A rich black guy has more much in common with the rich white guy than with the poor black man.

It took us quite a deal of evolution to get there, yes.

We're not paranoid now, are we?

I think the "race" that has attempted eradication of the white "race" the most, is the white "race" itself.

19. invaderzim

invaderzim New Member

Would you say it was racist propaganda, or scientific fact, that black people, in general, are faster runners than white people? (I know, who cares? But let me use this as an example) First of all, you'd have to be extraordinarily naïve, or downright dishonest, to deny that this is true. So if this is true, then does that mean that whites are inferior, as a race, at least in this respect?

20. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

People of West African descent do dominate the Olympic Sprint and sports like Basketball and Football so suggesting that Blacks may be faster runners because of innate biological differences is based on empirical observation. Claiming that complex social behavior like criminality is mediated by genetic differences between races has no scientific support therefore making such a scientifically false claim is motivated by a racist ideological agenda.

21. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

You go first.

22. Vekimekim

Vekimekim Banned

I'm racist because Black People have low IQs.

23. invaderzim

invaderzim New Member

You said that it would be racist to impugn that blacks were, by nature, more predisposed to committing violent crime, but you apparently agree that they are better athletically (in running at least, and it can be easily argued, better athletically in general?) which is a superiority due to their nature. All inherent characteristics of an individual or race is what comprises their nature. If there are any genuine differences, for better or worse, between races (and you just agreed there is in at least one respect) it is a difference of, or by nature. You see the dilemma? By your own estimation of racism we are both racists, yet what we have pointed out is simply true. So the definition, or application of racism must be faulty?

24. TheResister

TheResister Banned

Is that a trick question? America was founded by white people and we expect, as do most other countries on this globe, for the rest of the people to conform to the laws and customs of the founders. If that is "racist" then so China, Japan and many other countries are.

A majority of the black people do not assimilate among the whites. If our culture changes due to racial amalgamation, it changes toward the darker races in some vain attempt not to offend (sic) them. But, the problem is, if you go to any nation where the blacks are in charge and it is much different than here in the United States.

I won't bother to categorize different as me saying whites are better, but I'm satisfied with the country my forefathers fought, bled and died in order to create. If, as a society, we would expect that from the blacks, they might not be at perpetual war and their communities war zones.

25. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

I never said that there were no inherent biological differences. You don't even have to talk about things like athletic ability or criminality. Even something like skin color while socially irrelevant has adaptive importance. Black people have dark skin in order to protect against UV rays from the Sun. Black people have a greater resistance to UV rays than White people therefore this adaptation is superior when it comes to sunlight resistance. It isn't racist to point this out it's just a fact. The difference is that athletic ability and sunlight resistance are not traditionally used as a basis to judge fundamental human worth. I believe that most White Supremacists argue that Blacks are innately inferior in mental characteristics in order to argue that Whites are superior human beings. That's where the racism comes in to play when you try to make a claim about human differences in order to justify a racist ideology.