Europe Refugee Crisis

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by longknife, Feb 10, 2016.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

I just hope that the demonstrations will stay peaceful otherwise it could all turn very nasty.

3. Bastiats libertarians

Bastiats libertarians Well-Known Member

Did you read the comments below? Your author of this piece is far to the left of the readers and they call him out,on this piece.

4. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

All the usual grimly predictable squealing about "xenophobia" for anyone unhappy about the immigration influx.

**YAWN**

5. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

STop calling them refugees. They are "Citizens In Waiting"

6. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Why is it that when anybody even dares to imply anything negative about immigration that they are jumped on as being racist and/or xenophobic .. is it because those who sit in anticipation have no real relevant arguments?

I am certainly against uncontrolled immigration and yet anyone can see from my comments in other forums that I 100% detest racists.

7. cerberus

Because liberals like to occupy their perceived moral high ground. I've found that what usually shuts them up is when I point out that it isn't about racism or xenophobia, but about numbers suddenly descending on a society whose infrastructures - health and welfare services, housing etc - aren't ready for them.

8. Fugazi

I wish these liberal, conservative labels would just go away, it is a pointless endeavour designed solely to distract from the important issues .. It is weird, in debates about the EEC I am accused of being a right-wing conservative, yet in other forums here ie abortion, religion and race etc I am accused of being a liberal ... go figure.

To me it isn't just a numbers game to me either.

9. cerberus

Well what is it then? :roll:

10. Fugazi

It is also about culture.

11. cerberus

I think there was a crossed wire - sorry.

12. Fugazi

No problem

13. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

That's enough to populate a whole city...
    :omg:
    Germany expects 500,000 refugees this year: newspaper
    Mon Feb 15, 2016 - The German government expects 500,000 refugees to come to Germany this year, German newspaper Rheinische Post cited sources from the Federal Labor Office as saying.
    See also:

Germany struggling as Syria and refugee crises rage
    Tue, Feb 16, 2016 - Germany, Europe’s reluctant hegemon, is trying its best to lead in the face of multiple overlapping crises, but no one is following.

14. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

When they get frisky, see what their victims say?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=783_1455486731#comment_page=2

Yes dear. But the reason for your lack of safety is the risk of rape from the exact demographic you just issued that flabbergasting apology to. Did you miss that?

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

15. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here in America the left calls them undocumented Democrats.

16. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Turkey strains to keep up with refugee crisis...
    Refugee crisis 'impossible' in Turkey
    Thu, 18 Feb 2016 - Turkey plays a pivotal role in the European migration crisis, but it could be at breaking point, says Mark Mardell.

17. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

We provide them documents--Yours :roflol:

18. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

I know, back during the 90's there was an illegal alien who was using my drivers license number on his phony drivers license to cash forged checks. It was just a couple weeks before Christmas, I discovered I couldn't use any of my banking checks. They were being rejected. Luckily a friend of mine father was the founder and owner of TeleCheck and LE was informed and they caught the Mexican. But there was a couple of months I couldn't write or cash a check.

As studies have shown, if someone is willing to violate the sovereignty of a country they are very likely to ignore that country's laws and commit numerous other crimes.

19. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Migrants break down Macedonia fence...
    Europe's crisis worsens: Migrants face razor wire, tear gas
    Feb 29,`16 -- Pressed against coils of razor wire and shouting "Help us!," refugees and migrants at Greece's northern border were pushed back by Macedonian police using tear gas and stun grenades, as authorities here raced to build more camps to shield the escalating number of stranded people from winter.
    See also:

Migrants break down Macedonia fence on Greek border
    Mon, 29 Feb 2016 - Macedonian police fire tear gas at a crowd of migrants who destroyed a barbed-wire fence on the Greek border using a makeshift battering ram.

20. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

When the Brxit happens, and I am firmly convinced it will at this point, the decision to allow in hundreds of thousands of backwards Muslim immigrants into modernized secular societies without even bothering to do background checks on many of them and coddling and condoning their primitive and repressive religion will be considered by historians in the future as the one single decision that ended up destroying the EU. Once the UK exits and takes their money and once Italy and Spain start defaulting on their loans like Greece did the EU will no longer be sustainable.

At a minimum they should have outright banned males over the age of 16 and only excepted children and women and in the case of women only if they were not fundamentalists.

21. cerberus

It has just been reported on Today that the EU wants to spend 'hundreds of millions of euros' to alleviate the refugee crises in the various regions . . . and this in addition to the 3 billion Euros just paid to Turkey. Elephant in the room? The only reason they don't want us to leave is because they know they desperately need our subscriptions, and this pathetic excuse for a government of ours wants to give it to them. Typical of the bureaucrat mind-set that they believe all problems can be resolved simply by chucking money at them. The insanity continues!

22. society member

society member New Member

its obvious that the enemy (ISIS) will take advantage in the flee of the refugees from syria, infiltrating their members among them to bring about hurt in european countries, but thats not reason to think that all refugees all terrorists, most of them are only normal people who are fleeing from war conflict

23. Averes

Averes New Member

That is the problem. If you criticize, e.g. in Germany, the uncontrolled influx of refugees, you are qualified as "extremely right wing" or worse. The mainstream politicians don't want to be disturbed. And they complain about the rise of really extreme parties... blaming detractors of their policy for presumably building up anti-democratic walls.

24. ReggaeBob

ReggaeBob New Member

So, thats why you are at the right-wing if you criticize the immigration. Why? The answer is easy to give. At the EU-borders a lot of thounds people are waiting for a better life, for peace, security, a safe community - and because of people, who talk about "safe our national prosperity" or "no more immigration because of our values" are the reasons for this - and there is no difference between a member of the political system or the society. If you use national rhetoric to plead for a migration stop, you are a nationalist and so you are a right-wing. The refugees lived in very bad camps, risk there life when they come over the middle sea and get ill because of the ignorance of the EU and people who shouted loud "Stop migration". We have so much money, we have freedom and security, we have possibilities and the knowledge to help this people here and otherwhere - but more and more people only think on themselve or the own nation. All of them are right-wings, nationalist, haters of all what is not from europe - thats the truth...
    For some people it´s hard to realize this, but so, thats life and everybody has to manage with his own views.

25. cerberus

A bit off-topic but definitely topical in the context after the Lahore atrocity, it was mentioned in a radio discussion program I was listening to yesterday that not only are Islamic State infiltrating into Europe with the migrants, but Talibs are too. Oh well - que sera sera? Nothing we can do about it now.