Heidi Cruz Says Ted Will ‘Show This Country The Face Of The God That We Serve’

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

To me, her rant is just weird.

I am not sure how a person, obviousness intelligent, can have such a twisted and strange ideology where her particular mythological adherence is so intertwined with her lack of knowledge regarding civics.

It seems to me that Heidi Cruz is pretty much stating her Judeo Christian based religion is superior to all other religions, and that religious freedom in this country means that her religion is free to be practiced over others.

Not exactly open arm sort of stuff, but then again I have never really understood why folks take such silly beliefs so incredibly seriously.

To me, this sort of claim of religious superiority is a bit on the scary side. Taliban-esque.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/02...ountry-the-face-of-the-god-that-we-serve.html

To listen to Heidi Cruz, wife of Republican candidate Ted Cruz, her husband is running for High Priest and not President of the United States. She told South Carolina radio host Vince Coakley that her husband will “show this country the face of the God that we serve.”

“This country is in crisis,” she said during her appearance on The Vince Coakley Radio Program, “and this individual has an incredible talent to bring us out of this crisis.” And she was not talking the economy, which has been on the upswing since 2009 and is now about where it was before the GOP crashed it.

No, Heidi Cruz, who is American investment manager at Goldman Sachs, was – bizarrely coming from a person who is very much a part of the establishment – talking about “a cultural crossroads.”

Yes, the old Religious Right culture war agenda is Ted Cruz’s agenda. Rolling us back to the 1950s and beyond, in some cases, all the way back to the 1350s, or even to the Bronze Age, making the sand glow like “the God that we serve” did in the Old Testament.

To judge by her husband’s rhetoric and actions to date, his is not the same God many self-professed Christians worship, let alone Jews, Muslims, and others. If we’re to judge her God by the example of her husband, he’s one scary guy, and just, no thanks.

Listen courtesy of Right Wing Watch:

“When I thought about doing it for our country, it became very clear to me that our family must be in this race. And it also became clear to me that we are at a cultural crossroads in our country and if we can be in this race to show this country the face of the God that we serve — this Christian God that we serve is the foundation of our country, our country was built on Judeo-Christian values, we are a nation of freedom of religion, but the God of Christianity is the God of freedom, of individual liberty, of choice and of consequence.

“And I think that’s something that this country really needs to be reminded of, is that Christians are loving people, are nonjudgmental people, but there is right and wrong, we have a country of law and order, there are consequences to actions and we must all live peaceably in our own faiths under the Constitution. And Ted is uniquely able to deliver on that combination of the law and religion.”

2. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think the only chance Cruz will have to deliver will be as a VP.

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Christopher Walken shook Cruz's hand.....this is what he saw-

[video=youtube;Tj9M34DzAKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9M34DzAKo[/video]

4. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Wow, that is creepy....

5. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

Ya, she's a brainwashed idiot but says funny things like :

"""“And I think that’s something that this country really needs to be reminded of, is that Christians are loving people, are nonjudgmental people"""

If Christians WERE loving people, nonjudgmental people, the country wouldn't need to be reminded of it !.....:roflol: As with all babblers of crap, she put her bound foot in it. :)

6. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ted fails to realize that there are many who know no God; they might feel quite differently then he does regarding Judeo/Christian values.

7. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Bernie Panders has been doing the same thing...

[​IMG]

8. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Sorry, when was the last time Sanders was singing the praises of Karl Marx in his campaign???

9. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Cruz is going off the rails after getting destroyed in NH. He is not going to be the nominee. I think this is Trump's year.

10. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

I didn't realize Marx was a religion unto himself...

Cruz is finished, and so is the evangelist electorate in this nation. No one cares who you worship. Keep it in your own damned house.

11. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So you're a Trump supporter?

12. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think this was a clunky attempt to say "I will show the world what a good Christian looks like." Which is pretty much boilerplate for Republicans, politically speaking -- even when their actual policies are not very Christ-like.

But I always have to pause when someone says, "We have freedom of religion, but ...." It's a bit like saying, "I'm not racist, but ..." and then spouting off something racist.

Yes, every voter is free to prefer a particular religion, and apply that preference when choosing a candidate. And every candidate obviously prefers their own religion to the alternatives. But IMO it's highly condescending (and increasingly, politically damaging) for a candidate to say "My religion is better than yours."

And hearkening back to my first point, it rings especially hollow when your stated policies are not Christ-like at all.

Jesus would not build a border wall, Ted.

Jesus would not take health insurance away from the needy, Ted.

Jesus would not propose a massive tax giveaway to the wealthy, who already take so much of the national income that growing wealth inequality is becoming a problem.

Jesus would not "carpet bomb" anyone, but most especially not innocent civilians.

13. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

I'd support a stack of hay over Hillary Clinton. That woman is dangerous and nefarious in her attempts of government. If Hillary wins, so will the Establishment and the US will continue on the steep decline.

14. Talon

Every time he preaches the tenets of The Faith™ and condemns the eeeeeeeevil devils on Wall Street...:pray:

15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Wasn't my question. "I hate Hillary" means you'd vote for a Republican who'd oppose everything you stand for.

My question to Channe is PRO-active, not REactive.

Who do you want to win the GOP Nomination?

- - - Updated - - -

So he's never actually praised Karl Marx in his speeches....depite your attempt to insinuate that he has?

16. Talon

No deity, supernatural or secular, is a religion unto his or her self. People have to make that stuff up.

17. jones343434

jones343434 Member

This guy is a true physco

18. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

i agree with some of cruzs foreign policy but he is also a douchbag scam artist so yeh.

19. Talon

I can't say I've heard every one of the old Trotskyist's speeches, but I do know that he's preachin' The Faith™ and the Sandersistas praise him for it. :)

Let's rock the Hammer & Sickle, Cap'n, just the way Bernie did in Burlington...

20. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

1. I think you mean "psycho"

2. I don't think so. I think AT BEST, he's an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur...and his wife is co-dependent on that. At worst, he's a high functioning sociopath.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically, your post about Sanders....was a lie.

21. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Evil is what Evil is ... condemning evil does not make one a follower of Marx.

The 2008 crash was caused by a giant ponzi scheme. It was an "inside job" (in case you have not watched the movie/documentary).

Since when is it "Marxist" to be against ponzi schemes ?

22. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Typically, the Far Right consider even Eisenhower Republicanism to be "Marxist". :)

23. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

So the entirety of Christianity is a falsehood then? Good, welcome to the club who knew this all along.

24. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

Question.

Please name 1. Just 1. 1 CEO or corporate president who went to jail for perpetrating the heist of American tax payer dollars that specifically led to the failure of the economy in 2008.

Question.

Please describe, in detail, why is it that the federal reserve was unable to audit itself in the financial fallout.

Question.

Please tell us, in detail, with citations, if possible, how corporations like AIG can justify giving multi-million dollar bonuses to fallen execs after their companies went belly up.

25. tidbit

tidbit New Member Past Donor

I am center right, and this scares the bejesus out of me. I think about my sister who used to be fun, smart and beautiful. Then she got all fundamental on me. Talk about a basket case. She is so obsessed with God that she has regular conversations with him. She can't go shopping without praying to ask if it is the will of God. Since her conversion 35 years ago, she has made some doozy decisions all after God supposedly gave her the go ahead.

All I can say is that Cruz better hope his version of God isn't real, because he just might get God's foot up his arse from pretending to be doing God's will, when it is actually no one's but his own.