EXCLUSIVE: Former President Bush making SC campaign debut for brother next week .....

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by MMC, Feb 12, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Bush has played his whole card. Is going all-in. He will make his stand in SC despite him saying he is in it for the long haul. Currently he trails Rubio who is in 3rd, then Cruz and the frontrunner Trump. Bush lite has had his mother stump for him and now his brother. I would note he money is down in SC. What say ye?

Former President George W. Bush will make his 2016 presidential campaign debut to stump for his brother Jeb Bush on Monday in North Charleston, The State has learned.

The Bush brothers will appear at a 6 p.m. rally at the North Charleston Coliseum, the Bush campaign confirmed.

Radio and TV ads featuring George W. Bush supporting his brother have started running in South Carolina.

Bush will make a stand in South Carolina, where his campaign has been entrenched for months. The campaign has more than doubled its number of staff and consultants in the Palmetto State after New Hampshire

Still, contributions to Bush from S.C. supporters dwindled during 2015, and the pro-Bush super PAC Right to Rise did not collect any money in South Carolina in the last six months of the year after collecting more than $70,000 earlier in the year.....snip~

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s/the-buzz/article59809581.html#storylink=cpy

2. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Former SC first lady endorses Bush .....

Former S.C. first lady Iris Campbell is endorsing Republican Jeb Bush for president, further cementing a long-standing relationship between the two families.

The Bush campaign said Friday the wife of late S.C. Gov. Carroll Campbell would be backing the former Florida governor, as she and her husband did for his father and brother.

The late governor, a conservative icon in the Palmetto State, helped elect both former Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush to the presidency, serving as campaign co-chairman for each when they sought the White House.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s/the-buzz/article60036776.html#storylink=cpy

I don't know how much her endorsement means. Haley and SC House Speaker are whats left for the notables.

3. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

Real earth shattering news ya got hold of there...(yawn)

4. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

this makes me sad.

5. milorafferty

milorafferty Banned

Sounds like JEB! is getting desperate. Didn't he originally campaign using JEB! instead of Bush to distance himself from W.?

6. WillReadmore

WillReadmore Well-Known Member

Being his own man was an epic fail to the tune of millions of dollars that didn't even budge the polls.

He and his super pac spent $2800 per vote in Iowa and $1,150 per vote in New Hampshire. And, my understanding is that doesn't count the $27M he spent before that.

Money seems to be cheap with the super rich!

7. milorafferty

milorafferty Banned

I'm not sure W. is going to fix that for him though. I know it doesn't for me. I liked W. well enough as President, but I feel the country has had enough Bush's and Clintons already...

8. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

No kidding. It has been old news for ages.

9. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

yes but its fun to bully JEB! :)

10. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

the establishment GOP and Democrats are still befuddled as to why the peons are ignoring their wishes and bowing to the wisdom of them, after it's not like the media has failed to convey their wishes. However the serfs in flyover country seem to be having an uprising

11. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

He spent 35% of his money attacking Rubio. The good news for the other candidates, his Super Pac hasn't been able to go into full mode with all the negative advertising. But he still has ads out against Trump Cruz and Rubio.

12. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

What.....Jebe not his own man anymore, huh? [​IMG]

What was really sad was Jebe having his Mother come and hold his hand thru NH.

13. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Cmon now.....its not often you see the Shrub with a lil Bush. [​IMG]

14. The Great Zeus

The Great Zeus New Member

He's on his way out is more likely.

GWB :lol:

Way too little, way too late.

15. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

He has no chance.

AboveAlpha